GUILTY OR - Latia Harris charged in beating caught on video, Salem, 2014

http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/2...life_and_her_2-year-old.html#incart_most-read

'F, 27, said she is currently a community college student and once worked at a local grocery store where Harris also was employed. She said H was angry because F had told others that H was romantically involved with another co-worker.'

the above indicates grocery store where the two worked and F had told others about H being romantically involved with someone there.

F had also worked with H at the Macdonalds location - F no longer works there but was visiting recently and joked with her former coworkers about H' being involved with a coworker there and H overheard it. H telephoned F to complain about her gossiping.

'Ferreira said she is also a former employee of the same McDonald's on East Broadway where Harris is employed. She said she visited McDonald's two to three weeks before the fight to visit former co-workers.

While there, Ferreira said she made a joke about Harris and her manager "being together."

"I was joking around with two other employees," she said. "I was talking to my former co-workers — and since she overheard the statements that I made, she was upset."

Apparently ..... there was telephone contact to ask F why she would spread that kind of stuff around

"Over those weeks, Ferreira said Harris kept calling her and harassing her about her comments.

"She asked me why I said that, and told me she could get into trouble," Ferreira said.

Now to say that H was messing with the manager of that location, that could cost a couple of people their jobs it seems to me.
F did that to H at the previous job at the grocery store.
Apparently according to F, H had called her to ask why F would do that.

I would like to know more about the history of issues between these gals. While I doubt it will mitigate in my own mind I can't know til I have all the facts to weigh. If you happen upon any links about this history or about this rumor of affair with boss where someone aside from the idiot throwing punches and kicks I would appreciate seeing them.

Thanks, :)

SO if they have a HISTORY it's ok for the victim to be brutally beaten in front of her child?
Just SMDH at such a thought!

SO if they have a HISTORY it's ok for the victim to be brutally beaten in front of her child?

NO!

it's totally not ok......I was just surprised when I re-read what was presented very carefully....I am not ok with that woman being beaten in front of her child

I am just asking the victim to reflect a bit ..... If I slap someone first should I be surprised they slap me back kind of thing KWIM

In this case, I believe there is a history of provocation

and I truly wish the victim would go to court and get an order of protection because we all know this is not over

I would like to know more about the history of issues between these gals. While I doubt it will mitigate in my own mind I can't know til I have all the facts to weigh. If you happen upon any links about this history or about this rumor of affair with boss where someone aside from the idiot throwing punches and kicks I would appreciate seeing them.

Thanks, :)

Please re-read my post. I thought I had made it clear that despite the history I was reading discussion about here, I doubted very much that any history could change my view on this issue. And then I asked for a link to the history alleged and was provided with one.

Nowhere have I stated that I think this kind of behavior acceptable no matter what history these women may have with one another.

If that was NOT clear - I hope it is now.

IMO) Equally disturbing is anyone who attempts to justify this savage behavior by making feeble excuses for that vicious attacker. I hope they find her and send her to jail for a long, long time.

I'm with you on this one, Sweet Fox!

NO!

it's totally not ok......I was just surprised when I re-read what was presented very carefully....I am not ok with that woman being beaten in front of her child

I am just asking the victim to reflect a bit ..... If I slap someone first should I be surprised they slap me back kind of thing KWIM

In this case, I believe there is a history of provocation

and I truly wish the victim would go to court and get an order of protection because we all know this is not over

from your link it seems she is reflecting and even has sympathy for her attacker. Gossip is not equivalent to physical attack IMO. At least as far as the law goes.

"I just feel horrible about the whole situation," Ferriera said through tears. "I am hoping this whole thing dies out."

However, Ferreira said she knows the matter remains far from resolved.

"I feel sorry for her," Ferreira said of her attacker, again breaking down and crying. "She has two kids — and all of this — over what? Nothing."

http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/2...life_and_her_2-year-old.html#incart_most-read

from your link it seems she is reflecting and even has sympathy for her attacker. Gossip is not equivalent to physical attack IMO. At least as far as the law goes.

"I just feel horrible about the whole situation," Ferriera said through tears. "I am hoping this whole thing dies out."

However, Ferreira said she knows the matter remains far from resolved.

"I feel sorry for her," Ferreira said of her attacker, again breaking down and crying. "She has two kids — and all of this — over what? Nothing."

exactly......and that's why I would sincerely hope that this assault victim gets an order of protection.....she does want it to be over!!

When I referred to this whole incident originally it seemed to be ''street fighting''.....and that' s uncool anytime....

This is right up there with hair trigger tempers we all face daily with road rage etc. Hard to tease out all of the details of who did what first.

The bystanders not doing a damned thing is totally unacceptable.

The brutal assault and the horror that little fella faced unforgivable.

No one calling 911 unforgivable

Stirring up trouble for a coworker not cool either and at this point seems ''light'' to all of us but seems to be a contributing factor of the root cause for this senseless beating as per the victim's own statement.

I was reluctant to post when I first heard of this nasty beating -- it's horrible.

I am paraphrasing here but here goes: be kind to each other kind words don't cost much and we are all fighting some kind of battle -- you just don't know what inner demons can be set off by unkind words.

I usually don't post on all these posts a lot. But I will say something here.This made me mad.This isn't cool.That poor little boy trying to help and save his mommy. That lady is going to jail right? I feel very strongly what goes around comes around.You don't go around hitting people. It's assault and battery and you don't threaten a little child.

The bottom line here is: even if she did gossip about her coworker, the punishment doesn't fit the crime! Noone should be brutally beaten up in front of their child, with noone helping out simply because she gossiped about the perp!!!

Brave brave little man. Heart breaking.

That said, this is an old fashioned a@s whoopin for trash talking.
Would people be reacting differently if it were 2 men?

Not condoning the violence, but saying that if you do something to threaten someone's livelihood, you better be ready for consequences.

And if you do assault and battery. You better be prepared to go to jail.It is not ok to hit some one. It's against the law.

Not condoning the violence, but saying that if you do something to threaten someone's livelihood, you better be ready for consequences.

I think what's really upsetting here, and rightly so, is that this poor child had to witness that and was helpless to intervene but did what he could. That part is truly heartbreaking to watch him try to help out and call Mommy.

Someone upthread said no one ever deserves that kind of assault - and I think YES, some people DO deserve that. Some people do. And it's by the luck of the draw that's illegal in our country so they don't get what they deserve.

I have no idea the extent of the difficulties of their relationship, but apparently they've worked at two different places together and the victim was - at the very least - spreading rumors that could get the perp fired. We don't know what all other difficulties the perp has had to suffer - or not - due to the victim.

SO THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS CURRENT SITUATION, BUT RATHER IS A GENERIC RESPONSE TO THE THOUGHT THAT NO ONE EVER DESERVES TO BE ATTACKED.

I grew up watching Popeye. Eventually he'd say "I've had all I can stand and I can't stands no more" and then he'd pummel Brutus and everyone would cheer because finally justice was served. Of course, by the time the next episode came around that stupid Olive Oyl would have forgotten that Brutus was a rapist and would be in love with him again. Oh well.

At any rate, the court system will figure this all out.

In another thread on this forum the title is sexual molester beaten in prison by his victim. Um hm. Sometimes, some people DO deserve a beat down.

We don't know what all happened here in this case so I can't speak to this case specifically - just in general.

I think what's really upsetting here, and rightly so, is that this poor child had to witness that and was helpless to intervene but did what he could. That part is truly heartbreaking to watch him try to help out and call Mommy.

Someone upthread said no one ever deserves that kind of assault - and I think YES, some people DO deserve that. Some people do. And it's by the luck of the draw that's illegal in our country so they don't get what they deserve.

I have no idea the extent of the difficulties of their relationship, but apparently they've worked at two different places together and the victim was - at the very least - spreading rumors that could get the perp fired. We don't know what all other difficulties the perp has had to suffer - or not - due to the victim.

SO THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS CURRENT SITUATION, BUT RATHER IS A GENERIC RESPONSE TO THE THOUGHT THAT NO ONE EVER DESERVES TO BE ATTACKED.

I grew up watching Popeye. Eventually he'd say "I've had all I can stand and I can't stands no more" and then he'd pummel Brutus and everyone would cheer because finally justice was served. Of course, by the time the next episode came around that stupid Olive Oyl would have forgotten that Brutus was a rapist and would be in love with him again. Oh well.

At any rate, the court system will figure this all out.

In another thread on this forum the title is sexual molester beaten in prison by his victim. Um hm. Sometimes, some people DO deserve a beat down.

We don't know what all happened here in this case so I can't speak to this case specifically - just in general.

No one deserves that assault (disclaimer). You got me with the Popeye quote -- because there have been times we have ALL felt that way.

But let's ask ourselves too -- what do we DO when someone is verbally bullying us by spreading false rumors (at not just one job, but two) and we have called repeatedly to ask "Why?" and for an end to all of it.... to no avail?

Don't get me wrong--you can't go around beating the sense out of people to solve your problems.... and even if I were tempted, the presence of the child would stop me in my tracks (not the time or place).

This perpetrator has children -- reasonable to assume she NEEDS her job(s) -- and someone could be messing with that with her rumors? Mess with me, that's one thing -- I can ignore a lot. Mess with my kids or my ability to provide for them and that could be another story.

Again, she did NOT "deserve" this, but on the other hand, I feel for a woman who might have felt she was at the end of her rope.

The bottom line here is: even if she did gossip about her coworker, the punishment doesn't fit the crime! Noone should be brutally beaten up in front of their child, with noone helping out simply because she gossiped about the perp!!!

Couldn't agree more!!

No one deserves to be beaten.

Does it mitigate this at all - that the victim was at her place of work spreading rumors to her coworkers that the attacker was having an affair with the boss? The victim here doesn't seem to take any responsibility - at all - for the fact that apparently the attacker called her several times over the course of the previous few days. I wonder if the victim had just owned up, told her friends it wasn't true, if the attacker wouldn't have backed off.

This is extremely coarse behavior on the part of the attacker. If I were the judge in this case I'd be interested to hear more about the victim spreading this rumor.

And I do agree with the victim - the onlookers were children. I can't imagine a child stepping up and stopping that enormous woman from attacking. But they could have called 911.

If the attacker felt the victim was spreading rumors, she should of talked to her manager or supervisor.

The toddler is more mature than most adults in the video. And no I did not even see it because I did not want to.

Thank you. Boys beat the heck out of each other and then shake it off.....interfere with a man's paycheck watch out brother.

If it were two men oh my wouldn't that have an impact on that young lad too?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back