Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, all charges were NOT dropped. The charge of molestation of the 8 year old girl was not pursued, he received a one year jail sentence for molestation of the 15 year old; the judge allowed him to pay fines instead of serve the time.

To be fair, he was found guilty of 4th degree assault.

During a press conference, LE made a statement that there is still time for residents to come forth voluntarily and give DNA samples. It seems therefore that some had not given DNA samples when asked to earlier.
It is possible that the suspect was one of the holdouts and LE ended up demanding the sample with a court order or warrant.
Is it know for certain that the suspect allowed his DNA to be collected voluntarily?

Upstream I posted a link to an article that states he had voluntarily given his DNA for testing, along with the others. That article stated there hadn't been any "hold outs" IIRC.

This is a different world. We cannot allow our young children to be unsupervised all day long. We never know what evil lurks among us..

But it's not a different world. The stats have remained steady. I linked to various cases from just the 1940's, after a cursory search, of murdered little girls. No real difference between the free roaming days and now as far as numbers of such murders.

It it was too many then and too many now but it hasn't gotten worse and the risks remain incredibly low. I've posted various stats regarding this.

During a press conference, LE made a statement that there is still time for residents to come forth voluntarily and give DNA samples. It seems therefore that some had not given DNA samples when asked to earlier.
It is possible that the suspect was one of the holdouts and LE ended up demanding the sample with a court order or warrant.
Is it know for certain that the suspect allowed his DNA to be collected voluntarily?

Does that mean there is more than one dna at the crime scene ?

I have to say that it makes me sad that the name has been leaked before it's officially released by LE. I know it's human nature to spread gossip, especially bad news, and I know the perp doesn't necessarily deserve polite treatment, but the leaking and feeding frenzy around it are really distasteful. Our system protects the juvenile until/unless charged as an adult. We all expect him to be charged as an adult and the name will come out....it's not a hardship for us to wait.

I had to get that off my chest. Whew.

I am very curious about this kid's background just like everyone else and I'm 100% confident I will eventually learn more details than I really need. We don't need to grab...the info will be provided.

If I'm reading correctly, the people who saw the perp being handcuffed and led away are the folks who "outed" him. The only "speculation" would be whether or not he's guilty of the crimes he is charged with. IMO, there's no speculation that he was arrested as there are eyewitness accounts. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Authorities interviewed the suspect Saturday. The teenager was scheduled to make an initial appearance in Kitsap County District Court on Monday afternoon.

Part of the investigation has focused on the swift collection and testing of forensic evidence, and authorities have said everyone in the 103-unit community has complied voluntarily with the request for DNA samples.

Wilson confirmed Sunday the suspect was among those who provided DNA. The Washington State Patrol supported the investigation by staffing its crime lab 24 hours a day until the samples could be processed.

BBM

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/...neighbor-held/

Here is the post which i referred to earlier ...

SCHMAE Good post.
Or we could find out the perp -whoever it is - is a good friend, a good student, a good citizen and a good child with good parents.

My feelings are, right now, that the parents of the perp are likely in absolutely horrendous pain and suffering at this time.
I have no feelings for the perp, but for his family..... wow.

I can't imagine being the parents of the accused. I would spend the rest of my life wondering where I went wrong and if I missed something that could have prevented this from happening. I find it far easier to feel sympathy for his parents than I do for Jenise's, as cold as that may be.

I said this in Cherish's thread but often I read these threads and know 'there but for the grace of [insert deity here] go I', this isn't one of those threads.

*Court appearance is the same time as my youngest's football game so somebody please text me and let me know if anything changes.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents about forgiveness. I was trying to think of a way to write this last night, but couldn't really find the words. I think sometimes the pain is just too great to hold on to, or even to confront. While I don't think I have forgiven the man who abused me for years, I have said that I have. That is because I really haven't been angry full of hatred about it. I HATE that it happened, I have nothing good to say about the sicko, I struggled for years to get through all the trauma that we don't even realize takes place, and I feel a lot of disgust about the whole thing. But I really don't think my mind allows me to feel those emotions full force. I think that could destroy someone. It is easier for me to hold onto anger over someone betraying me, or saying a mean thing about my dogs (don't mess with my pups!), because while that anger is real I don't think it could ever reach the potential of the anger I could feel towards my abuser. Sometimes, it is easier to say that "I've let it go", "I've moved on", or even "I forgive"...because that is literally how we survive through this.

"Wilson confirmed Sunday the suspect was among those who provided DNA. "
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today...nto-killing-of-6-year-old-teen-neighbor-held/

I wish I was shocked by the age of the alleged perp...but I am not at all. Seems to be more and more common. In fact violence by teens is terrifying overall, at least to me.

When I was in high school, even bullying consisted of whispering when the victim walked by, and excluding the victim from parties, etc...never physical violence or public rallying against her/him. Now, violence seem the "go to" reaction of both sexes, Imo, for imagines or real slights, being "dissed" or stealing a boyfriend.

Oh, I agree 100%, clu. Bullying used to be boys kidding another boy for not being tuff enuff in football, or for going to music lessons -- and that, in itself, was wrong, wrong, wrong, and still is. But now, it's followed by beating the boy up and chasing him from the playground & not stopping until he bleeds & cries. And girls did it too, but girls were much more subtle then. Not so now. It's beating up the other girl. And sex runs through it all, IMO.

And I think, and this is JMO, that violence by teens and 20--25 y/o's has a lot to do with gangs, or at least loosely-affiliated neighborhood groups, and it is e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e, and it's murder, not just beatings. And it has come from somewhere in our society. It didn't just drop down from the sky or sprout from a plant. "We" have done it to ourselves.

I'll stop now...

If I'm reading correctly, the people who saw the perp being handcuffed and led away are the folks who "outed" him. The only "speculation" would be whether or not he's guilty of the crimes he is charged with. IMO, there's no speculation that he was arrested as there are eyewitness accounts. JMO. OMO. MOO.

BBM. Honestly? I think his name was out on social media before before the police car he was in, ever even made it out of the park.

I think even though he will be tried as an adult, because he is STILL under 18, he will remain in juvie or in an adult jail in protective custody. Either way, the courts will protect him until he is proven guilty.

Or not guilty.
(Not giving an inch or any excuses, but we gotta be balanced, if possible. Not an easy thing to do, not an easy thing to do.)

I haven't been able to track down the audio of this interview, however, I can totally see something like that being said about the youngest child in a pretty big family (Wasn't she the youngest of 5?) I know that I was affectionately called "spoiled rotten" and it was almost said in a bragging sense. Heck, sometimes people still say that about me. :)

PS If anyone has a link to audio of that interview that they know works, please post it. I've tried several and they didn't work.

I know that he may have meant it in a nice way... we don't know. But what I do know is that no matter what he INTENDS his words to mean, how they are received is what matters. Calling a kid a "spoiled little brat" (particularly a missing kid who apparently runs around barefoot and gets her meals from random neighbors) just makes him look bad. It also makes me wonder if he called Jenise that. I don't think "spoiled brat" is an affectionate thing to say about anyone; I would certainly never brag about my kid being a spoiled brat.

My daughter is six and my ex used to call her a spoiled little brat and it hurt.her.deeply. She said (to him in counseling) that it made her feel unloved and that she didn't feel good about herself when he said stuff like that. There were many other issues with my ex's treatment of our daughter, and she was neglected when she would have weekend visits at his house, but him ignoring her needs didn't matter to her. She didn't care that he would go hours without talking to her while she played alone so he could play fantasy football. She didn't care that he would get mad if she asked him to take a break and get her lunch. What hurt her and made her never want to be around him was him replacing her name with phrases like "spoiled little brat" or called her, "(first name) curse word (middle name)."

The fact that Jenise was known to wander the neighborhood alone for large amounts of time instead of being in her house with her family makes me think it wasn't the most affectionate and joyful place to grow up. JMO. Six year olds want to be with their families not wandering alone.

I am not at all surprised his name was out right away. It is a small community, it was expected.

Kevin McCarty ‏@KevinKIRO7 · 7m
Kitsap Prosecutor says 17 y.o. accused of killing Jenise Wright will be charged with Murder 1 and Rape of a Child 1. To be tried as an adult

My apologies if this is a duplicate

https://twitter.com/KevinKIRO7

latest MSM I could find I will delete if duplicate

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024280582_wrightarrestxml.html

authorities have left the scene and are dotting i's and crossing t's to hand off evidence to DA

amazing cooperation with residents voluntarily supplying dna

''Part of the investigation has focused on the swift collection and testing of forensic evidence, and authorities have said everyone in the 103-unit community has complied voluntarily with the request for DNA samples. "

Oops, nevermind my post above. Hadn't read this yet. Maybe the suspect complied to DNA after LE requested anybody who had not already should do so before LE forced the issue.

christine clarridge ‏@seaclarridge · 21m
17-yr-old suspect lived around corner and helped Jim Wright chop wood, said Jenise's father. "It's hard to forgive." pic.twitter.com/4FnT2NqOIC

https://twitter.com/seaclarridge

I will also say this: H and I were talking last night about the perp and his family. Sometimes you can be an amazing parent. You can do everything possible to teach your kids right from wrong and about all of the important morals to have.

Sometimes people are just fundamentally evil or "broken" no matter how hard their families tried to raise them to be good people.

Been there done that...your statement is so true. At some point you have to face the fact it is not your fault as a parent when you've done your best. Took counseling for me to realize that and get the support I needed.
I like your word "broken" .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member