MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if Baden was looking for someone local in that his license and accreditations are not for the state of MO. Much like Crump, the family attorney. I believe he is actually licensed to practice in FLA or wherever but probably not licensed in MO. Therefor he has local STL MO attorneys on board to "file" court requests and motions.

JMO's

Does Parcells have a license to to autopsy in Missouri? The following link was discussed earlier today on this thread.
"“I can tell you absolutely that I find what Parcells does to be abysmal,” Dr. Mary Case told The Daily Caller when asked about Shawn Parcells, a Kansas-based forensic pathologist assistant. He has been accused in the past of fabricating his job title and of conducting autopsies without a license."

http://news.yahoo.com/st-louis-medi...lywnzcgrwb3mdmqrjb2xva2dxmqr2dglka1nnrti4of8x

Per CNN St Louis officer on Ferguson crowd control relieved of his duties. This man is a <mod snip>! Shown on CNN in a meeting where he was talking saying those involved in domestic violence ought to just kill each other and get it over with.

Ok makes sense... But they did issue a report... A basically empty report and 10 days later, but they did issue one .. Didn't they? Or is the link in question something different?

The front sheet is the fact sheet of the incident report. The officer then fills out his report based on his notes at the scene of an incident. LE would normally do an internal investigation but it appears the Governor stopped that by demanding DW be arrested. So that would have stopped the officer from making his report under advice from counsel. This is just a guess on my part from being married to a police detective years ago and what was the norm then.

100% agree with your post here. I also find the number of posters on here calling
the killing of MB "justified IMO" to be very <mod snip>. Especially since we know very little of the truth of what happened the night of the killing. IMO of course.

:wagon:

I have not decided the killing was justified but I sure have decided that the shooting did not go down as it was first presented. Waiting for facts. I want to know more about the serious altercation at the car. I want to hear Wilson's side. I want to see what the feds have turned up.

Does Parcells have a license to to autopsy in Missouri? The following link was discussed earlier today on this thread.
"“I can tell you absolutely that I find what Parcells does to be abysmal,” Dr. Mary Case told The Daily Caller when asked about Shawn Parcells, a Kansas-based forensic pathologist assistant. He has been accused in the past of fabricating his job title and of conducting autopsies without a license."

http://news.yahoo.com/st-louis-medi...lywnzcgrwb3mdmqrjb2xva2dxmqr2dglka1nnrti4of8x

Did parcels perform the exam or did he assist Dr. Baden? Did Baden sign report?

He didnt attack those 2 guys because they didn't have anything he wanted at the time. Maybe if they had a box of cigarillos he would have.

I am responding to the poster who said he was a danger to whoever he ran into next, I was simply stating that line of thinking doesn't add up with this particular report... Which, by the way, I am completely aware could be total BS

But there is more and more reason to believe that he DID lean in and punch the cop in the face and head. And that makes him a serious public safety hazard, imo.
I don't know, there is reason to believe in my mind that there was some sort of a struggle at the car, NOT that MB leaned in started feeding Wilson with rights..... Maybe Wilson stuck a gun in his face and his immediate reaction was to grab it, certainly possible

And there is some evidence that Wilson DID hear the BOLO , right before he backed up to confront the two teens.
yes but did the BOLO say there was a theft or did it say there was a dangerous man on a rampage.... That was my point behind my post you are referring to

I think part of the problem is that we don't know the whole story and may never but from what I see so far, I don't see a good shooting. I just don't. I don't think this cop is a monster, But at this point, I believe he made a mistake in judgment.

Still waiting but I think this is only going to get worse for him as the evidence is released and the GJ investigates.

We don't know. Did it say theft? Or robbery? Or strong-armed robbery? If it just said robbery suspect he would have no way to know if they were armed or not, but certainly any officer's guard would be up in that event no matter who it was. Strong armed-robbery, maybe you think the guy's probably not armed, but you still proceed with caution IMO. It's not the thing you want to be wrong about.

The end result of 300 lb body v. weapon is the reason for this thread. IMHO

Right. But I think the facts will show that the 300 lb body made the choice to take on the armed cop by attacking him, punching him in the head and face. That was a bad move on the teens part. jmo

I'm seeing a few posts that suggest that reposting these citations might be helpful reminders about what Officer Wilson knew when, so HTH:

1. " Police Chief Thomas Jackson said the officer who fired the fatal shots, Darren Wilson, did not know Michael Brown was a robbery suspect when he initially stopped the teen and a companion "because they were walking down the middle of the street blocking traffic."

Jackson told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that Wilson knew there had been a robbery in the area but did not know that Brown was a suspect."
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/darren-...er-who-fatally-shot-michael-brown-identified/

2. "The officer drove away but stopped and backed up, almost hitting the pair, Johnson (ETA: MB's friend) said. He said he wasn't sure what prompted the officer to return.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/14/us/ferguson-michael-brown-shooting-5-things/index.html

3. Ferguson officer realized during encounter that Michael Brown might be suspect in robbery, chief says.

http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/cr...5f9a-973c-70d628d0be04.html?mobile_touch=true

With all do respect Lambchop, there is a lot of assumptions in your post here:
1) that Wilson was assaulted - so far we only know that there was some sort of tussle at the car
snipped for focus
For your #1

Why do you think there was only a "tussle" at the car? Because Crump/Parks say so? Because DJ says so?

Just curious because Wilson and St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar both said that Wilson was assaulted by Brown while Wilson was in the vehicle and so does the latest witness. (sorry can't remember his name, it's upthread)

What is your reasoning for believing one over the other?

ETA--Will be back to check for a response. Company is coming! :)

Did parcels perform the exam or did he assist Dr. Baden? Did Baden sign report?[/QUOTE

My post:
Quote Originally Posted by AuburnTxTiger View Post
"&#8220;I can tell you absolutely that I find what Parcells does to be abysmal,&#8221; Dr. Mary Case told The Daily Caller when asked about Shawn Parcells, a Kansas-based forensic pathologist assistant. He has been accused in the past of fabricating his job title and of conducting autopsies without a license."

My above post was in response to
Quote Originally Posted by jggordo View Post
I am wondering if Baden was looking for someone local in that his license and accreditations are not for the state of MO. Much like Crump, the family attorney. I believe he is actually licensed to practice in FLA or wherever but probably not licensed in MO. Therefor he has local STL MO attorneys on board to "file" court requests and motions.

It appeared to me that jggordo was referring to Parcells as having a license and accreditations for the state of Missouri.
I was not referring to who signed the autopsy.

But Wilson didn't know browns actions that day... And it is just your opinion(which I respect) that he was a serious danger to anyone he crossed paths with next... If he was such a loose cannon and threat to everyone Why didn't he attack the 2 guys he spoke to just before this, instead of offering them positive feedback to their worries?

We have turned in a "scanner rewind request" here at WS to try and determine when a "BOLO" was sent out regarding the convenience store larceny. That scanner report is being worked on by a diligent WS member. It takes time, is time consuming and only a few WS members are good at listening to the traffic and transcribing same. Knowing the time of the actual larceny and the time of the shooting, knowing the dispatch traffic during that time would be invaluable. It is possible that the feed has been taken down by LE or FBI, IDK.

I do want to point out that if anyone visits the scanner request or scanner threads that any and all conversation(s) regarding information there has to be left there and should not be brought up to this or a "public" thread. There are strict rules about it. Just trying to keep the MODs from getting out a switch. LOLhttp://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ecial-Rewind-Requests&p=10887207#post10887207

I think part of the problem is that we don't know the whole story and may never but from what I see so far, I don't see a good shooting. I just don't. I don't think this cop is a monster, But at this point, I believe he made a mistake in judgment.

Still waiting but I think this is only going to get worse for him as the evidence is released and the GJ investigates.

Sure, it is a judgement call. If he was being attacked suddenly in his cop car, by a very big strong young man, he had to think and react very fast. Split second decisions were being made. Maybe some mistakes were made. But I don't see a case for murder at all.

I think things are only going to get better for him, not worse. I think his medical report and his incident report and his previous good record and the witnesses who describe the attack in the car are going to prevent the indictment. jmo

Yes it is possible he made a mistake in judgement. Most folks are talking about this case as though it is either black or white (bad choice of word I know) but the fact is there are many many shades of grey in between. I don't think MB was looking for any out of the ordinary trouble that day and I don't think Wilson killed MB with "malicious intent" ... In my mind I think if it is found that there was a way Wilson could have handled this situation in such a way that a young boy didn't end up killed, then I think he should be charged, not necessarily 1st or 2nd degree murder but ... Manslaughter maybe??

BBM This is why I am glad we live in a Castle Law state. Average response time in our area is 15 minutes, twice it took almost 1/2 hour for an ambulance response when I was in treatment for cancer. People have to know how to defend themselves, know how to use the gun to protect your family. IMHO

For home defense I want something with enough stopping power that doesn't take six shots or require careful aim. And I won't be aiming at the knees. It seems some folks just don't understand why LEOs are trained to aim for center mass and fire multiple shots. It's because they typically aren't carrying weapons that can stop an assailant with one round and prevent a struggle in which the officer's gun is taken. As for shooting to 'wing' as some have said, that's just silly.

If you've ever seen videos in which it takes several officers to subdue a single suspect then you understand why they don't just engage in unarmed fist fights.

The most Ofc. Wilson could have known from a BOLO was the description of 1-2 guys said to have just stolen some cigars from a local store. Nothing to get riled up about, even when he noticed the 2 miscreants in the middle of the street fit the description. I believe Grady in the video described MB "running up to the (DW's) car" where "an altercation"... "some kind of tussling through the window"..."punching" ensued. An unprovoked attack by MB and subsequent fight over his gun resulting in the gun firing within the car, would have instantly changed a routine encounter to a life or death situation ... in Ofc. Wilson's mind imo. And it's the reasonableness of what Ofc. Wilson was thinking/feeling that the grand jurors will be asked to determine.

I don't know if the BOLO reported a strong arm robbery or just a robbery, but...

Robbery vs Burglary

There are several differences between burglary robbery.
Burglary occurs when an individual enters a structure in the absence of permission. In addition, that individual breaks and enters in order to commit another offense, such as theft.
Conversely, robbery involves theft of money or property through the threat or use of violence against a person.

http://criminal.laws.com/burglary/burglary-vs-robbery

We have turned in a "scanner rewind request" here at WS to try and determine when a "BOLO" was sent out regarding the convenience store larceny. That scanner report is being worked on by a diligent WS member. It takes time, is time consuming and only a few WS members are good at listening to the traffic and transcribing same. Knowing the time of the actual larceny and the time of the shooting, knowing the dispatch traffic during that time would be invaluable. It is possible that the feed has been taken down by LE or FBI, IDK.

I do want to point out that if anyone visits the scanner request or scanner threads that any and all conversation(s) regarding information there has to be left there and should not be brought up to this or a "public" thread. There are strict rules about it. Just trying to keep the MODs from getting out a switch. LOLhttp://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ecial-Rewind-Requests&p=10887207#post10887207
The times were released in the media and posted somewhere in the threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member