VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
His license wouldn't be up for renewal yet. It is interesting that he went to DMV, I don't know what for but interesting no less. lol

Sorry if I sound dim, but how do you know when his license expires?

So I was right then (or LE read my post!) That is a good bit of luck and a little odd that JM would renew his licence at this time. Unless he did it thinking that is what the police wanted to talk to him about? Bit of a stretch, I know.

Wasn't there some issue about the plates on his car? He may have had to register the car. ?? JMO

It looks like from his traffic violations that he has a few regarding suspended licenses which happen often when people don't keep up with insurance payments. He may have lapsed again and got a notice. Then had to go with new proof of insurance and pay the fine to get a new license. To me him doing things like going to the DMV shows he wasn't in a panic.

:thinking: Interesting timing if one changed their appearance after 9/19/14?

Well I'll be honest, I have had the same DMV photo since I was in my early 20's thats at least 10+ years ago. Maybe he wanted a new pic of his dreads? lol I wonder when he started growing those?

In most cases, LE doesn't talk at all and we are left here to wonder and whine about not getting any information. I find it refreshing that LE is giving us so much. At the beginning, they did that in the Erin Corwin case as well, up to and including leaking the first search warrants contents. IMO.

Having followed many cases, I have seen LE doing amazing jobs, and horrible jobs. IMO when the public is confused, and questioning LE, then they are not doing a great job. I have seen LE show passion, without theatrics, release valuable information, and show their heart. And I have commended them for that wholeheartedly. It is my opinion, and no one has to agree, that Longo is not doing a great job. I wouldn't say horrible, as far as the case goes...but as far as public relation goes I think it is terrible.

I live in Hampton Roads, VA. Have police said he is believed to still be driving the sister's blue car? Does she have it back by now? They should release a photo of the car and license plate for all surrounding areas to watch for. I read somewhere on his arrest record he was charged with something in Newport News years ago- he could be in that area of Hampton Roads now.
tag of VAC4575
1997 light blue Nissan sentra

It's not hard to find but there has been a lot of talk about why 2 men were following her and only the black guy is the suspect. A lot of talk about this being Virginia and being the south and a lot of talk about race as being one of the reasons that JM is afraid to cooperate and a lot of talk about the possibility of him being innocent and uncooperative because a black man doesn't get a fair shake. Even a lot of talk about the innocent project and percentage of black people (vs. whites) who are exonerated by DNA evidence.

My point is that I find all that irrelevant. I don't care if people call me naive, I don't see race as any part of this. My point is that it is his behavior that makes him look guilty vs. other people who came in contact with her that night. Maybe he's innocent and WG did it. I don't proclaim to know but I think anyone saying that the way LE is treating him because of this nation's racial history, are the ones who are being naive to facts.

Was the white man seen at Tempo with her as well? If only Jesse, then it seems logical police want to question him rather than white guy.

And btw, that white man's behavior is just odd, imo. There he is in the mall video, then 2 minutes later he is seen walking behind her in the next (jewelry store? I can't remember which) surveillance video. His behavior is strange- if he was concerned for her, why not approach her and ask if she was okay? Why creep? All jmo

Tale as old as time: Innocent people act innocent. Guilty people act guilty. (just kidding)

In my experience (have never lived in VA) your license does not necessarily expire on your birthday, unless you got it on your birthday (mine does not). Maybe when you turn 18 or 21 it automatically expires because you need a new one to reflect that you are legally an adult or can legally drink. But after that.. not everybody has a license that expires on their birthday.

JMO, IDK why he would be getting a new license. Parttimesleuther listed all the possible reasons I could think of above.

" § 46.2-330. (Effective until January 1, 2015) Expiration and renewal of licenses; examinations required.

A. Every driver's license shall expire on the applicant's birthday at the end of the period of years for which a driver's license has been issued."

https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-330

Sorry if I sound dim, but how do you know when his license expires?
Because licenses don't expire until your birthday at least mine don't. And it was stated his birthday is 12-14.

It is each person's prerogative to speak to the police. It isn't the "right" thing or "wrong" thing to do as much as we would like to find Hannah and would love for someone to come forward and say "SHE IS RIGHT HERE!", we have to respect that there are multiple layers to this situation. It may be your opinion that everyone should offer up everything they know instantly, but that isn't the opinion other people have when looking at it from other angles, even if that is what we would like to happen.

Maybe I'm just a more moral and community minded person than this lovely, teddy bear, committed Christian that is no where to be found and refusing to help police.

The media could easily turn on LE. This story sells a lot better, if there is a mystery and doubt about JM's involvement. The approach to the story a week from now might be criticizing LE.

They aren't sure he's their man. He is, however, a person of interest who knows the police want to talk to him, is refusing to co-operate and has disappeared.

well if he is not warranted for an arrest then he has a right to disappear if he wants to. That is not how the law works. It is up to the police to figure it out. If there is uncooperative witness then its up to them to get evidence else where. I am not even sure he never spoke to any law enforcement. I am pretty sure he did since they mentioned he said he bought her drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130