VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could he have told her he was a cab driver and offered her a ride home? When they got to the car, he could have told her he was of duty but wouldn't mind taking her back home?

I think that's WHY the FBI is involved so deeply..they don't just conduct surveillance on people for nothing...

He is on tape walking with her. He is the last known person to see her. That makes him statistically "the perp".

I don't think LE has indicated any link with Morgan or others, so I don't know why they rules would change here as yet. Jmo it is super confusing already and until we know about DNA, there are no real links. Some think photos are like sketch, some don't. That is about it for now. No proof Morgan took a cab. Jmo

He is on tape walking with her. He is the last known person to see her. That makes him statistically "the perp".
Yes I know, but what I'm saying is that the FBI doesn't just go conduct surveillance on every perp in missing persons cases. So why this one?

I'd like to think it would be to soften the terminology, impact on the family.

Intent to defile could mean a lot of things....could mean rape, but could mean tie up and take nude photos of, or sell into prostitution or allow other to have sex with...it just means you had some plans....not always just rape, I guess.

The case with Alexis Murphy and her killer Randy Taylor happened not that far from Charlottesville. In fact, her car was found/dropped off in Charlottesville. The way the FBI was involved so soon with both cases, the same type of media releases, and a rather quick arrest...then the gag order came. It was speculated to the hills and back that there just wasn't any evidence, and LE was calling Taylor's bluff. They suspected him in a prior case thus were going to get a confession, get more information from him, etc. Didn't happen. BUT, there was LOTS of physical evidence that we heard NOTHING about until the trial. Every single court appearance before the trial was sealed, all search warrants sealed, etc.

When common folks like us sleuthers wonder about connections with other missing cases, you can bet LE has already thought of that. Could be why FBI was brought in so quickly. There is a history with missing young women in that area. That is fact. There is a killer out there somewhere of Morgan Harrington, that is fact. Her body is the ONLY one that has been discovered thus far. Truly a miracle her's was found.

What many don't realize is this area is mountains. Thick underbrush. Some property that is hundreds of acres plots. It's not as simple as area residents checking their acre property for anything unusual. There's LOTS of acres that might not be seen or used, or walked on for years! It's just hard to describe how the area is to those not familiar. We'll be in fall season very soon. In some ways that may help, in others it may hinder the search. While helicopters and such can't see the ground in many areas right now, in a few weeks, the leaves will fall, and cover the ground, so that even though it could be seen, a body could be covered with the leaves.

It's just my opinion of course, but I believe they have much more evidence than we know about. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a gag order issued once he is arrested.

I'm still scared that suicide may become an option. When an animal feels trapped, it strikes out. JM has to realize at this point he is facing some serious prison time if convicted. That would scare about anyone. I don't know if a defense attorney would/could reach out to his family, and try to have him turn himself in peacefully, but it would be the best idea.

agree with all this and would point out it was a stroke of luck the morgans body was found as i remember it

I agree with you that she's not responsible for JLM's actions. She is however; responsible for her own. And thats where we disagree. If I had done something, had even been suspected by the police of doing something this horrific, theres no doubt in my mind that my own family would turn me in. Both for my own welfare and the welfare of the community.

His family is NOT doing him any favors by hiding his whereabouts from the police or in enabling him to run. Given his temper and poor impulse control I can only see this ending very badly for him and his family. At this point, if they do not want to see a family member shot and killed by police (because of him doing something stupid and impulsive) then the only solution is to talk him into voluntarily turning himself in.
We have no idea that this woman knows where he is. Also, they may have told police all they know.

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP
Police chief Tim Longo tells @MikeMurilloWTOP "To the best of my knowledge and belief (Jesse Matthew's family) has been very cooperative"

Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP
Longo says after speaking with investigators yesterday he believes Matthew's family has been "very cooperative." @WTOP #HannahGraham

It's really unbelievable and refreshing to see all the users browsing this thread (there are currently 588 users browsing this thread: 213 members and 375 guests). I can't say I can recall a recent case which has received so much attention, both in the media and here on WS. I hope you new guys will stick around check out some other cases as well while you are here. So many unsolved cases here could use some fresh eyes. So many people out there still missing. jmo

Again, welcome to all new members and guests. :)

:welcome5:

eta: Hope they find this guy soon!!!

Yes I know, but what I'm saying is that the FBI doesn't just go conduct surveillance on every perp in missing persons cases. So why this one?

Because they wanted to speak to him and he refused? Maybe they thought he would run, since he had vacated his apartment, had no permanent address just then?

I think it meant she was totally confused about where she was and which direction she was heading. He also said she was texting that she was going one direction on one street, when she was going a different direction on another. I think he has a flair for the dramatic, which is why it was phrased that way.

I actually think it is kind of the opposite. I think she was trying to find the party but wasn't sure where it was so she headed somewhere she was familiar with. Having lived there for at least a year, she would have a good sense of certain areas and some sense of direction.

When he says she "had her world turned around", I think this is a reference to whatever happened as in she can no longer continue normal college life because this will affect her no matter what the outcome is.

LE just picked up more clothing today to send to forensics, so we know they do not have everything back. They are still investigating, obviously. Jmo

A MSM has named a Lawyer that has been retained by the Matthew family. Can that be posted here?

I've got some sort of flash player block where I have to click this extra arrow in the center of the video. It usually works but on this one it won't play at all. So, another woman is accusing JM of assaulting her?

Maybe I listened to completely the wrong thing ... I was only half listening ... it sounds like a road rage situation where Jesse had some road rage, caused some damage, a complaint was made, and then the complainant withdrew the complaint on condition his costs were covered.

LE just picked up more clothing today to send to forensics, so we know they do not have everything back. They are still investigating, obviously. Jmo
Maybe to compare to DNA found in his car?

Dang. I saw a really good Wanted posted earlier for JM. It had all the different pics of him and a pic of the blue car- did I see it hear or on Facebook? Anyone else see it, have it?

Go to Help find Hannah Graham FB page. It is there
I don't know how to post over

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd like to know what Longo meant by "she had her world turned around, which is what I believe happened" as if it happened to her. was it emotional? a bf? or from a drug?

Me, too. There is just so much information, and I haven't bookmarked things like I usually do....but I thought he said something about it being at a personal level.

Surveillance is actually not that uncommon when you have a firm perp/suspect and don't know where the victim is. They always hope you will mess up and lead them to the body or other evidence.

I dunno what's hard about believing it couldn't and hasn't happened?
Most sexually abused women are protected under law, if they are found, and when they are don't really come to the media to tell their stories. Hence why it could be so hard finding someone in an affluent area to say "Hey, look at me! I have been sexually abused! Please don't look at me differently", etc. etc.

For the record, we all sort of have the same visual of what has transpired in this case. However, just like a court case when in and if there is one, wouldn't we want to poke holes in every theory? Isn't that what is done?

:shrugs:

Ive researched. Heavily. And I worked sex trafficking cases for the federal public defender. So I'm aware of what is reality when it comes to this and what isn't.

Almost anything is possible. But that's not what I'm discussing. I'm addressing the popular theory that there are sex rings in America that go around abducting little white babies and well cared for, middle class white women who go missing in our country. It is a repeated, popular theory in these cases and it hasnt once been borne out. Not once.

Im addressing that possibility and explaining why I feel it is far fetched. That's ok, right? I suppose I could just agree that all these posts are actually evidence of the existence of such cases but they're not.

Im interested in missing person cases. Have been since I was a teen. And I'm interested, as a sleuther, in trying to profile. That's what I'm doing. Hope I don't offend but misinformation is a thing with me. Accuracy and facts and logic rule for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xobehtedistuO