VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE just picked up more clothing today to send to forensics, so we know they do not have everything back. They are still investigating, obviously. Jmo

That's why I said a few minutes ago that I'm not thoroughly convinced they have proof she was in the car. The charges today definitely could lead to other charges, and JM could possibly be convicted on these alone if proof doesn't surface. I think the statement that I posted earlier, "The intent to defile must be established as a matter of fact; surmise and speculation "are not sufficient," tells me they've got that lined out. It's the abduction part they need to prove. If they can do that, then next step is to up the charges. That's what I'm thinking anyway.

We have no idea that this woman knows where he is. Also, they may have told police all they know.

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP
Police chief Tim Longo tells @MikeMurilloWTOP "To the best of my knowledge and belief (Jesse Matthew's family) has been very cooperative"

Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP
Longo says after speaking with investigators yesterday he believes Matthew's family has been "very cooperative." @WTOP #HannahGraham

"best of knowledge and belief" sounds like language lifted straight from an indemnification... his legal training is showing.

That wanted poster says "kidnapping with intent to rape" in bold and then "intent to defile" underneath.

"Had her world turned around" comment...sounds to me like something you would say when your best friend has a crush on a douche bag, but she doesn't know it...only you and everyone else sees it. I wonder if JM had her world turned around...meaning they had been talking...she had a crush on him....she didn't see him for who he is - kind of thing. I feel so sorry for Hannah...all of us have made mistakes by misreading people...trusting people. Have you ever accepted a ride home from someone you didn't know all that well?? Praying for Hannah.

Re what evidence do they have? It seemed quite suggestive the evidence is strong by the way time needed to process evidence was explained. To openly say it can take a full day just to examine all the ....blood, nails etc in relation to this case say a lot I my opinion.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...loating-oregon-river-police-article-1.1863494

Not to burst your bubble, but this girl made up the human trafficking story as cover to run away for a couple days to go rafting. I don't mean to discount what is a horrible crime in human trafficking, but the fact remains that human traffickers will NOT snatch people who will be missed by anyone (as Hannah clearly is). They will snatch "throw away" kids who already ran away and no one cared and are now living on the streets.

The authorities however spent a great deal of time investigating the likelihood, so did not discount the possibility at all. She was gone for more than 2 weeks, not just 2 days. Some guy met her rafting a couple days before realizing who she was from the extensive media and contacting authorities. Who she met with a couple days later.

Everybody stopped talking the instant she got home and media dried up, but there was a ton of media and comments about local human trafficking rings and their methods. Simply because people aren't aware of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I have no reason to think Hannah is such a victim and I live in no bubble, but also see no reason to bash on other posters who consider it could be possible, which was the point of my post (perhaps lost).

Hannah is missing and LE have not released any evidence to indicate anything more than she is missing, was abducted and likely violated. In fact they haven't released any evidence at all yet. Just pictures and a few videos that tell very little of the story.

"NEVER" and "ALWAYS" I have noticed don't "always" apply to criminal cases, even when some possibilities are not statistically likely. Statistically speaking, Hannah was probably abducted and murdered. But we don't have proof of that one way or another yet. Only the new warrant for Abduction with Intent to Defile.

Time will tell.

i'll let the mods decided whether this is a reliable MSM source, but he's good at getting his clients off on very serious charges:
http://cvillenews.com/2007/11/05/vote-against-camblos/

Charlottesville lawyer James L. Camblos III, who has been a prosecutor in Albemarle County and nearby Waynesboro, said that he met with Matthew on Saturday and has been retained by Matthew’s family. Camblos couldn’t immediately be reached Tuesday night.

So he is the one at the police station?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...6b5ed2-42a8-11e4-b47c-f5889e061e5f_story.html

Did anyone see Lt Kenda tonight. A man was murdered and it was determined that a 1973 general motors bumper jack caused his death. Then someone calls in that he knows who did the murder. He is interviewed and gave names. The possible suspect owns a 1973 Cadillac. They got a SW, found the bumper jack in the trunk. It was sent to Crime Lab, found dna blood on it and made an arrest.

Wow. Camblos has quite the impressive background, to include 4 terms as a CA.

Thinking out loud (and sorry if this has been discussed already)---I'm wondering if this guy's occupation in the medical field could somehow have played a role in the disposal of Hannah, either location wise or method wise. Also wondering if he got any drugs from the hospital.

They will find blood evidence in the car, even if the rape happened somewhere else. I am sure he knocked her out or punched her to subdue her...there will be small trace amounts of blood that did splatter from that event.

Thinking out loud (and sorry if this has been discussed already)---I'm wondering if this guy's occupation in the medical field could somehow have played a role in the disposal of Hannah, either location wise or method wise. Also wondering if he got any drugs from the hospital.

very logical...have thought along the same lines...

Drugs: not unless he stole a prescription pad or called in some drugs under a doctor's name.

That makes sense. Just want to share my experience with Versed, a date rape drug. (I don't think anyone needed to give her one). I had to have a bone marrow biopsy and was given the conscious sedation drug Versed. I can't imagine being able to even stand up it knocked me out so much. But "to my knowledge, memory" I felt no pain except one break through pain for a few seconds. I was tipsy/a bit off balance after waking up but my brain was very clear. Was told to stay with someone for the rest of the day to keep an eye on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal