VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read the statement closely, the University does not link JM with the 2002 incident, but rather gives details on the date, incident report and where to go to get more information.... I'm wondering if a call to or contacting the Lynchburg PD or the prosecutors office can pull it all together? Here's the details from the Liberty statement: Liberty University can also report that the October 17, 2002 rape report was investigated by the Lynchburg Police Department and it is documented with a report that is on file in the Lynchburg Police Department's Records Section (Incident # 2002071459). We understand the matter was also turned over to the local Commonwealth Attorney's Office.
Quite possibly. I think that with this information Liberty is proving that they did adhere to the Clery Act, which requires Universities to report crime accurately and promptly. At the same time, due to FERPA, they cannot reveal any information about past or present students without their permission. As a side note, I enjoy FERPA because it's an easy way to tell parents who call me about their college students that I cannot discuss any information about their child.

When you log in, tick the box that says "remember me", but don't forget to log out because you will find yourself logged in days layer. HTH

Yes I do ticky the box. Still happens. And yes I rarely log out lol so it appears I live here lol Thanks again tho.

The Bishop
‏@BillBishopKHOU
Sheriff says there will be a search in #Galveston County for missing #UVA student. #khou11 http://bit.ly/1rv4kWX pic.twitter.com/wdWzgZijUD

https://twitter.com/BillBishopKHOU/status/515186317441789952

The Bishop
@BillBishopKHOU
Managing Editor, KHOU-TV, 11 News, Houston, Texas, Gannett Co., Inc.

Houston, Texas · khou.com

Wow and I thought what I said about him dumping her somewhere along the way to TX was a long shot, but it doesn't look like they think so.

Did anyone seriously think JM wasn't being looked at for the other cases? Did a tweet have to come out to realize that?

I'm very happy JM is in police custody. I have no sympathy for him. I doubt his fear & upset at getting caught & worrying about what his future now holds is even one one-hundredth of the terror his victims felt as he kidnapped/raped/killed/all of the above them.

I am very proud of the work LE has done on this case (perhaps aside from JM escaping their sights & fleeing to TX). I've believed in them from the start & they still have my full support. They know more than we do. JMO MOO, they have also had hunches that this perp may be responsible for other crimes, which I think we still aren't allowed to comment on here??

I'm acutely suspicious about the letter released about JM being eliminated as a perp in the AM case. I never felt he was responsible for AM's murder. What interests me is all this letter does NOT say -- who it does NOT mention. I think LE is saying quite a lot in this letter, if we read between the lines. Aaaaaand, being a lifelong C'ville resident & someone who went to school near Anchorage Farm & who used to drive a taxi & who resembles Sketch...don't kick me off the forum! I'm trying so hard to be good.

I am praying for justice for Hannah & the Graham family.

I am praying for justice for MH & her family, as well.

And, my sinking gut feeling tells me there may well be more victims of JM...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snipped by me.

Maybe he can't read or has trouble reading. He seemed genuinely confused to me.

OT, JMO, AND totally not an apologist for JM : I've seen several times, newly arrested people on their first appearance in court, and been surprised by (and cringed at) the apparently irrelevant questions to the judge they come out with, BEFORE addressing the pertinent questions.

IMO, JM addressed the subject of what he was asked to sign well. Again, IMO, he clarified what signing the waiver for extradition on the VA warrant would mean, and, most importantly, signed. It's on video record (he may not realise that, but it is).

I saw no sign of confusion or misunderstanding of what he was asked to do, and did.

The clothing/jumpsuit discussion, while amusing (yes I admit to misplaced mirth in what should be sad and serious circumstances), is secondary to the fact that we saw him, on screen, question, then after explanation, sign.

I do realise that others are seeing this differently.

Ryan Korsgard @KPRCRYAN

Source: #JesseMatthew was looking for food, cooler not long before he was arrested on #GalvestonCounty beach Wednesday.

Wasn't MH abducted on October 17?

ETA: sorry, I was a bit behind and didn't realize this has already been posted several times...
Is that incriminating or does it give him an alibi? ?? He would have been a very busy boy that day!

Does anyone know if the signal lights in Cville are equipped with traffic surveillance cameras? My microscopic, isolated town in central WA has a few, so maybe? Just wondering if JM's vehicular movement after Tempo could be tracked that way.

I, too, am really curious as to what the doorman would say. If she was waiting outside for 15 mins, then I would be shocked if he didn't talk to her.

I'm thinking she was walking to a party, realized she was lost, felt vulnerable and had one goal- to get to this party where her friends/comfort zone are. As she's feeling alone and hopeless tired and intoxicated and confused, this baby faced "gentle giant" swoops in and says in a gentle nice voice with what seems like sincere concern "heeeey. you shouldn't be walking all alone at this hour of the night. do you need some help?" she says she's trying to get to her friend's party but is lost. he assures her that he will get her to that party and take care of her. due to her intoxication, her judgment isn't as good as it should be, and she thinks ok this big baby faced santa clause like dude will keep me safe and get me to my friends. she trusted the enemy.

he knows what he plans to do to her but needs alcohol for courage, maybe?? he tells her he wants to run in to Tempo to grab a drink then he will take her to the party. she says ok and stays outside - no money for a cover fee or dude this isn't going to turn into a date with you and I having drinks. just get me to my party. i'll wait outside. she sits down tired from all the walking and probably blacks out a little while. doormen see this all of the time - drunk girls blacking in and out all silly. it is so sad that he didn't save her, but again, it's the environment he works in and what he sees all of the time in this college town.

I think she was desperate for someone to get her to that party and she didn't want to be alone wandering the streets lost any longer, and JM seemed nice enough in that moment and in her state of mind.

when I was 18 my friends left me at a college bar at closing time. I was drunk and wouldn't leave until I found my new suede jacket. I ended up blacking out for a while in one of the bar booths. The owner of the bar woke me up and said that he would take me home. He did, and thankfully nothing bad happened. He was an annoyed bar owner that just wanted to lock up his bar and go home. He seemed like he was around 35 years old.

the next morning I woke up sick as dog, of course, and furious with myself for riding home with a stranger. 35 year old men to me at that time were creepy old men. so I was very upset with myself.

the point is, I think she was like me - intoxicated and not thinking straight. she may have even been at the point of blacking out by the time she made it to Tempo. I think this is why she stayed outside. she wasn't really interested in going into a bar with JM, she was tired disoriented and just wanted to get back to her friends.

Just catching up this morning...whew!

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/web...es-first-court-appearance-in-houston/28240404

This exchange at JM's court appearence in TX bothers me. It starts approx. 1:40 into the video, when JM is asked to sign paperwork waiving his right to a court-appointed attorney for both the TX and VA charges:

JM: (indicting paperwork) Is this for Virginia? So, what is the Virginia one again?
Judge: The Virginia warrant is a fugitive from justice warrant, the underlying charge is abduction of a person with intent to defile.
JM: And if I sign this, what does this do?
Judge: It only says that I read you your rights, you're not entering a plea of any kind this morning.

Now, come on. He high-tailed it out of VA, making (what looks like) a desperate attempt for the border, while his name is all over national news in regards to Hannah's case....but he actually has to ask? And he says, "again", so it was explained to him previously. Didn't have to ask about the TX charge a second time. I personally believe he knew exactly why that VA warrant was issued. Have enough respect for Hannah, and for yourself, to not feign ignorance about something so important. Gross.

Secondly, a few pages ago (the link is buried, ahhh!) someone mentioned a search in the Galveston area. While. I don't think that's a bad idea, it also seems unlikely he'd get all the way into TX before dumping anything incriminating. He had...what? Nearly 1,300 miles of road in which to discard anything he wanted.

Now to read this Tempo letter....

I dunno, I think he was just making sure he wasn't signing something like a confession. He had no lawyer there, can't blame him for being cautious. But, if he was some savvy criminal he may want to be on record as mentally challenged, or...is it possible his reading level is very low?

I can't figure him out, but I keep trying.

Did anyone else think that JM's right shoulder was lower than his left? The way he turned, held his head, the mug shot. I wonder if he has a shoulder separation, from an old football/sports injury, that may have been exacerbated recently.

It might just be the camera angle, but the deputy's shoulders were square. Just wondering out loud.

I think he saw her in distress, asked if she needed help, told her to wait a minute (while he was in Tempo) and he would give her a ride home.
At that point, Hannah had just been running from McGrady's, all the way down Preston, and then onto the downtown mall. It's entirely possible she was somewhat winded and flushed from the run. Whether she knew JLM or not, maybe it wouldn't seem odd to her to accept the offer to sit down a minute while he goes inside to get her a cold drink, either alcoholic or not. Bad judgment, yes, but so was running alone to downtown after midnight. And pure speculation here, but if he DID have some sort of sedative, having an open drink and carrying out to her would give him an easy way to slip it in her beverage.

If JLM is truly responsible, I really, really hope he will tell somebody where she is. :(

I'm done. Stick a fork in me, too. I had concerns about Longo--I no longer have those concerns. He must have known all along about the Liberty U. sexual assault accusation and expulsion. That's all I needed to hear. So, it turns out Longo really is brilliant and doing a fantastic job. This guy has to be a psychopath, with how many friends he has. JMO. It's just incredible. Whatever happens I sure hope some other cases are solved and Hannah is found and Justice is served.

What is this?

At the risk of being viewed as an apologist, I wanted to point something out about JM getting booted from Liberty University for alleged sexual assault. It must be considered that this University is an evangelical school. If you read their student handbook or code of conduct, violations include seeing an "R" rated movie, men with ponytails (and presumably dreads), and any contact with the opposite sex that comprises more than holding hands. Hence, I'm not that impressed with his getting kicked out of there. HOWEVER, if the woman he allegedly attacked was in fact treated at a hospital, that 100% changes things for me, personally.

I said from the beginning I would turn on him, and to me the most suspicious facts to date remain:

1. Disturbing reports from his past that are slowly trickling in;
2. Fleeing and not turning himself in when the second warrants were released.

I think Bakerlady said it best earlier: stick a fork in me. Nonetheless I leave a gap open if no DNA has been found that incriminates him. If there is DNA, it's goodnight Irene, and like everyone else I will look forward to his trial and lengthy incarceration. I think that clearly the police at this point are not releasing DNA information as of yet so they can lock him in on his story. He claims she wasn't in his car and DNA demonstrates that she was? It's over. Mostly though, I look forward to him demonstrating any remaining heart he has left by telling the Grahams where their daughter is.

Well, if it;s sexual assault, that's not an expulsion based on inappropriate conduct. It's sexual assault. But if that happened, why weren;t the police involved? can anyone give me the scoop?

Scary stuff.

Search continues in Texas! Also, JM may have been hoping to get to Mexico.

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/sta...cle_57e0e62a-44d7-11e4-808a-0017a43b2370.html

"Charlottesville Virginia Police Chief Timothy Longo said Matthew had been staying in a tent next to his car on the beach in Gilchrist, which is about a seven-hour drive from the Mexico border.

Virginia police have charged Matthew with "abduction with intent to defile" Graham, an 18-year-old sophomore who went missing Sept. 13 in Charlottesville. An intense search for the teen has now expanded to Texas".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Essmat Arafa