Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/26 -12/02/14 In recess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, I 'm captured when I watch interviews or go back to see her on the stand. Her attitude is beyond everything that is familiar to me.
BBM - I never heard about these parts. Would you have a link to a video or a date so that I can search for it? TIA!!!

Just catching up.

Sorry I dont have a link or know what days JA allegedly tried to steal the Pen, the Notebook, and took the Pill in the courtroom. I do recall those were 3 separate events and occurred on different days. They are somewhat controversial because it is hard to tell what she is trying to do and so it is tough to prove her real intent.

I do recall the pill event seemed the most obvious as she received it from a different person and you can see her swallow the pill shortly after.

DUE TO DEFENDANT'S INABILITY TO PRESENT A COMPLETE CASE FOR LIFE

Really? What is stopping her?

I believe that she had NO ONE to stand up for her, so she wanted to Plead her case to the jury without the outside world seeing it, seeing her at her worst (according to CMJA), and this is the only way she would be able to talk to the Jury without being observed by others.

I expect that the CoA's explanation for their decision with be made public today. I'm hoping that media and others have been just waiting long enough for the copies to be printed. I am really hoping for some definitive language in their statement that will put an end to the antics that have been prevalent throughout this retrial phase. No more secrets for Arizona courtrooms and Jodi Arias!

Sometimes they take weeks or months to issue opinions after an order like this one.

This would have be be denied due to the CoA ruling, no?

No, the judge could technically grant the motion. Most likely the defense is twisting JSS's prior words against her. She probably said something on the record when she made the original ruling about JA not being able to present a complete defense without the secrecy order. :facepalm:

Did I read somewhere they would make her anyway...get on the stand? Where is AZL?

IMO she can't refuse to be cross-examined if she's already testified.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I so agree with you...she is afraid of Juan's cross.....Woooo I just can't wait for it!

I don't think she can refuse to be crossed on what she already testified to, but she can refuse to testify further. I hope the COA decision has woken JSS up enough to see that a defendant refusing to testify does not justify removing the DP, because, well, that's just nuts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this defense team file a "motion to dismiss death penalty" almost weekly, or whenever there is a perceived new issue?

Sometimes they take weeks or months to issue opinions after an order like this one.

No, the judge could technically grant the motion. Most likely the defense is twisting JSS's prior words against her. She probably said something on the record when she made the original ruling about JA not being able to present a complete defense without the secrecy order. :facepalm:
IIRC, KN advised coa that secret stephens agreed that the secret testimony was paramount and couldn't call witnesses out of order for reasons they talked about secretly. Of course everything was paraphrased in morse code as to not give up the secret of secrets.

I don' think so.

I think in this trial she lost perspective, and felt justified in her decision.

BBM:

:seeya: Yes, I totally agree ...

:waitasec: Afterall, isn't JSS part of the defense team ?

:moo:

Thanks for the answer AZL - although you just burst my bubble! :(

I really hope the judge did not do something like that--but we can't find out because everything is secret!

I think DT would file a motion to dismiss if the courts gave bic pens instead of sharpie pens, based on that jodi couldn't clearly mitigate her case because the brand of pen is switched, and of course JM would be to blame because he conspired with the clerk who goes to staples to purchase supplies. But first, they'd make sure to call their favorite reporter who will tweet that defense has proof the state has framed cmja, and promptly after bryan well testify to the office clerk blob in her eye showing she was holding two pens but picked the other.

AZL what is your prediction about when the secret testimony might be published? Is this still up to JSS to decide? Would the CoA's ruling (that we have seen so far) impact how quickly we could see it? Can JSS just wait for the CoA's full answer before she decides when to release it?

We all remember Day 15 around 2:54:00 when Maria passed a folder to mama arias....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t1FuL4U51g

Wow SL, good catch. Maria didn't even have it in her hands....she actually picked it up off the floor, as people were leaving ! Thank you, I would never have noticed that. She's one sneaky Cougar. Plus earlier this year she got banned from visiting her BFF in jail after she was caught "sneaking" out a "famous piece of history" Pinwheel drawing by JA :smile:

Most defendants don't speak at all!!

This murderer can't keep her mouth shut. Who gets on the stand for 19 plus days!!!

(Like I said before, I think she is afraid of Juan's cross)

RBBM:

:seeya: BINGO ! Exactly, SL !

Ah ... time to cue up the orchestra for CMJA . . .

:violin::violin: :violin: :violin::violin: :violin:

:violin::violin: :violin: :violin::violin: :violin:

It sounds like she's refusing to testify now that she'll have to do so in public.

It's amazing isn't it? Death should be taken off the table because she's afraid for her life if she testifies in public. :thinking: :crazy:

AZL what is your prediction about when the secret testimony might be published? Is this still up to JSS to decide? Would the CoA's ruling (that we have seen so far) impact how quickly we could see it? Can JSS just wait for the CoA's full answer before she decides when to release it?

The COA order didn't cover this issue, perhaps because Bodney hadn't asked JSS first (which he was required to do). I noticed that he immediately filed a motion to obtain the transcript after the COA ruling was issued. It could take weeks to get a decision, although JSS might just hold a quick oral argument and grant it ASAP just to get Bodney off her case. ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this defense team file a "motion to dismiss death penalty" almost weekly, or whenever there is a perceived new issue?

:seeya: You are correct ... and they file these ridiculous motions practically "daily" !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value