MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say right now is WOW. Wow this is a whole lot to take in on first sight.

Just trying to read through and catch up.

1). My understanding is that the police have her phone. (so why are people speculating about where that is?)

2). Was there only one video surveillance camera?

Or...was whoever did this standing in the treeline watching the paramedics and firefighters? Then there's that.

It would not surprise me if in a week or so we look back and are able to conclude that the "evidence" up to this moment was pocked with hearsay, misinformation, and lies.

We're talking about the sheriff, not a junior officer, but a man who's usually elected based on his competency.

Come on, now. If you're going to say something like this, you better have a citation for something so unusual! [emoji6]

[...] how far away was the gas station from the accident? I noticed from the photos that the back end of the car was hot enough to melt the tires off the rims.

I discovered last night that Google maps provides misleading data regarding distances. In one return of "directions" from M&M to the crime scene, I received 3.8 miles (6 minutes driving). Less than 2 minutes later using the same addresses, I received a second return of "directions", 6.4 miles (12 minutes driving) [ see my extended conversation with user Cady]. That seemed screwy to me.

However after several repetitive searches during the previous week, I have more trust in the 6.4 miles than the 3.8.

Don't forget to use your turn signal!

2D Driving Simulator on Google Maps

Points of Interest:

Jessica's Home - 1024 Carlisle Rd, Courtland, MS 38620

Mc Cullars First Stop - 8967 U.S. 51, Courtland, MS 38620

Crime Scene - 3448 Herron Rd, Courtland, MS 38620

DDT - 686 Herron Rd, Courtland, MS 38620

Panola County Sherif's Dept. - 106 College St, Batesville, MS 38606

Interesting addresses IMOO.

Peter--
I'm just curious as to why you feel those addresses are "interesting"; they need to live somewhere. The age of both parties is also interesting: i.e. 31 (I believe). More than anything else, I find it interesting that Charlotte Wilkerson's telephone number is in Jessica's phonebook, and that Charlotte is on record as someone who spoke with Jessica around the time of the M&M scenario, then she also claims to have seen Jessica at a party.

It would not surprise me if in a week or so we look back and are able to conclude that the "evidence" up to this moment was pocked with hearsay, misinformation, and lies.

Agreed, in fact I'm pretty sure that is a certainty, might be the odd lawsuit too

I didn't realize she was airlifted to the hospital.
1- did an ambulance show up then they waited while they called a helicopter? That would cut into the on-scene investigation time, making it even shorter than we're dreading.

2- if they tried to intubate her before the flight, they could have a tough time & possibly see mouth/ throat burns. That could easily lead to gossip on the scene among responders who don't have official medical facts.
IE hearing something like- " I can't get the tube in, her throat's burned" could easily get twisted, IMHO

Don't forget to use your turn signal!

2D Driving Simulator on Google Maps

Points of Interest:

Jessica's Home - 1000 Carlisle Rd, Courtland, MS 38620

Mc Cullars First Stop - 8967 U.S. 51, Courtland, MS 38620

Crime Scene - 3448 Herron Rd, Courtland, MS 38620

DDT - 686 Herron Rd, Courtland, MS 38620

Panola County Sherif's Dept. - 106 College St, Batesville, MS 38606

Thanks for that handy tool; I didn't know it existed! I manually drove that Google street view area last night as far as a stop sign at the Y-intersection on Herron Road (aka Main St.) about 3 miles (?) south of the crime scene. My thought at the time was: Why would Jessica have driven from M&M in this direction, past the Courtland Volunteer Fire Dept., across the railroad crossing, and into the country?

D D T,
A Herron Rd., Courtland,
has a hold for MDOC."

I would have to look very hard at this one. He lives on the same street that she was found on. She more than like was somewhere on that street being no one seen her car pass the gas station headed that way. And she mentioned a name very similar name. Now they just have to find if he knows anyone with loud pipes.

I believe that the "hold" was necessary in order to keep both parties during interviews. Both were released later. I believe the reference to "loud pipes" is another way of saying that the vehicle's muffler was unnaturally loud. It is an interesting clue.

And if the person with the loud muffler lives in town, I'm sure everybody knows who this person is, or at least has seen he/she before. And thank-you for all the maps and all the driving simulators. I have no idea how to find or use them, but read whatever is gleaned from them.

[...]
2). Was there only one video surveillance camera?

I've seen videos with Camera01 and Camera05 showing on the screen: 01 is a view in the outside canopy looking south, 05 outside canopy looking north. Both are along the frontdoor sidewalk, top of canopy.

The inside Camera is a view of front entrance, and a bit of the cash counter.

And if the person with the loud muffler lives in town, I'm sure everybody knows who this person is, or at least has seen he/she before. And thank-you for all the maps and all the driving simulators. I have no idea how to find or use them, but read whatever is gleaned from them.

Using Google Street view is actually fun. As soon as you see the picture, use the zoom-out to find the road, then merely use your mouse cursor to move around. (Google Map Help has excellent tips, and instructions)

Come on, now. If you're going to say something like this, you better have a citation for something so unusual! [emoji6]

I'm fairly certain what I'm posting here is considered a reputable news source. Please correct me if I'm wrong admins.

http://www.newsms.fm/anonymous-othe...media-gas-station-owner-responds-accusations/

“By the time it came to eleven, the police, the sheriff, and everybody come to the store. They said, ‘we got to watch the camera.’ I said, ‘what happened?’ He said, ‘Jessica just died.’ I’m like, ‘Oh my god what happened?’ He said they poured gasoline into her mouth, that’s how I know, cause the sheriff told me.”

I've seen videos with Camera01 and Camera05 showing on the screen: 01 is a view in the outside canopy looking south, 05 outside canopy looking north. Both are along the frontdoor sidewalk, top of canopy.

The inside Camera is a view of front entrance, and a bit of the cash counter.

It would be interesting to know of there was a camera in the "blind" spot where apparently all the activity was. Just to keep on eye who is out there and what is going on, so to speak. Very surprised there is not one behind the register. If there were cameras (2,3 and 4) who has those tapes? Hmmm.

I'm fairly certain what I'm posting here is considered a reputable news source. Please correct me if I'm wrong admins.

http://www.newsms.fm/anonymous-othe...media-gas-station-owner-responds-accusations/

“By the time it came to eleven, the police, the sheriff, and everybody come to the store. They said, ‘we got to watch the camera.’ I said, ‘what happened?’ He said, ‘Jessica just died.’ I’m like, ‘Oh my god what happened?’ He said they poured gasoline into her mouth, that’s how I know, cause the sheriff told me.”
I mentioned this last night.... what is odd is that Jessica was NOT DEAD @ 11pm. She had been taken to the hospital. She died the next day.

It would be interesting to know of there was a camera in the "blind" spot where apparently all the activity was. Just to keep on eye who is out there and what is going on, so to speak. Very surprised there is not one behind the register. If there were cameras (2,3 and 4) who has those tapes? Hmmm.
I doubt there are actual tapes. More like video stored on a drive. I hope they take his computers for analysis.

I didn't realize she was airlifted to the hospital.
1- did an ambulance show up then they waited while they called a helicopter? That would cut into the on-scene investigation time, making it even shorter than we're dreading. [...]

I would think that the medevac would make little difference in the investigation of the crime. The 911 call came in at 8:13pm, and Fire Chief Haley arrived at the crime scene shortly after that. Chambers needed to be rushed to a landing site. According to the Websleuths members with medical backgrounds, she probably went into shock shortly after Haley discovered her. But circumstances after Chambers is medevaced seem to me to be outside the scope of the crime scene, and to the possibility of murder/homicide. In my opinion, the investigation needs to center on the time-period between 6:24pm and 8:15pm, and any background prior to 6:24pm.

Thanks for that handy tool; I didn't know it existed! I manually drove that Google street view area last night as far as a stop sign at the Y-intersection on Herron Road (aka Main St.) about 3 miles (?) south of the crime scene. My thought at the time was: Why would Jessica have driven from M&M in this direction, past the Courtland Volunteer Fire Dept., across the railroad crossing, and into the country?

If you google the herron rd crime scene address, you will see that where the green gate is is actually a road with another name. (Courtney .....rd.). If you zoom in you will see that there are no homes, but further to the left is another Courtney....rd, which has a bunch of trailer homes and appears to dead end. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value