GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #34 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Steve, that should be a pinned post, very useful

So, back to UDG

"Christina sent a text at 3:36am to her boyfriend who was at home asleep that said “I can’t find the keys to the house.” after no response at 3:58am, 1 minute after the surveillance footage was taken, she sent another text to her boyfriend that said, “Can you please leave the door unlocked?” –As said by her mother “This means she must have gotten a ride with someone.”"

Where does the 3.58 text fit in?

JMO

3:58 is when EA was seen leaving.. so either the time stamp is wrong, or CM was in the passenger seat, or EA sent the text... (take your pick)...

3:58 is when EA was seen leaving.. so either the time stamp is wrong, or CM was in the passenger seat, or EA sent the text... (take your pick)...

Or, another option: UDG got the time wrong and that text was sent earlier in the night when the keys were still missing. It wouldn't be the only time she got wrong in that sentence. 3:58 was 3 minutes after surveillance footage.

I want to see justice done and I want Christina found. However, there are almost as many theories as people. Some people's minds seem to function in a more linear way, and those are folks who line up all their ducks, make up their minds and deviate little once they post definitively. Some people's minds function more laterally. They look at all possibilities, gather sometimes disparate information, and resist closure.

I can discipline myself to think in a linear way, but I function more naturally as a lateral thinker. So what do I believe? I am still undecided about some things so I decided to clarify my thoughts by putting things in percentages.

A. I think EA and EA alone is responsible for the abduction of Christina and whatever happened to her subsequently: I rate this 85% certainty.
B. EA was responsible for the abduction of Christina and had a partner to subsequent violence to her: 10%.
C. EA was responsible for what happened to Christina, but there is an accessory after the fact: 15%
D. EA is completely innocent. SODDI and put her in his trunk to frame him: 0%

None of that deals with motive. I absolutely think motive is useful and juries like it, but you just don't need it for a conviction. Sometimes it is just not possible to know motive.

Well, that is where I stand, in case anyone was wondering. Future speculations probably won't me I will change my mind. However, I certainly am enjoying getting to know all of you -- however your brains work.

(Yes, I know the percentages don't add up. I don't really do math.) :blushing:

If CM's home was not searched ...? Surely it was. Because if it wasn't, it would have to mean that the LE was avoiding the most logical place to look for evidence. Wouldn't they want to determine that her stuff was still there in order to decide how to categorize this missing?
Actually, I have not heard of LE searching their residence at all. Jonni went in and removed her things, but that is all I can remember happening there.

LE normally does not search a missing person's home before there is some proof of foul play. I suppose it has to do with the possibility of someone being voluntarily missing and their rights as a citizen.

I want to see justice done and I want Christina found. However, there are almost as many theories as people. Some people's minds seem to function in a more linear way, and those are folks who line up all their ducks, make up their minds and deviate little once they post definitively. Some people's minds function more laterally. They look at all possibilities, gather sometimes disparate information, and resist closure.

I can discipline myself to think in a linear way, but I function more naturally as a lateral thinker. So what do I believe? I am still undecided about some things so I decided to clarify my thoughts by putting things in percentages.

A. I think EA and EA alone is responsible for the abduction of Christina and whatever happened to her subsequently: I rate this 85% certainty.
B. EA was responsible for the abduction of Christina and had a partner to subsequent violence to her: 10%.
C. EA was responsible for what happened to Christina, but there is an accessory after the fact: 15%
D. EA is completely innocent. SODDI and put her in his trunk to frame him: 0%

None of that deals with motive. I absolutely think motive is useful and juries like it, but you just don't need it for a conviction. Sometimes it is just not possible to know motive.

Well, that is where I stand, in case anyone was wondering. Future speculations probably won't me I will change my mind. However, I certainly am enjoying getting to know all of you -- however your brains work.

(Yes, I know the percentages don't add up. I don't really do math.) :blushing:

Good post... I'll go with A & C.. JMO

Or, another option: UDG got the time wrong and that text was sent earlier in the night when the keys were still missing. It wouldn't be the only time she got wrong in that sentence. 3:58 was 3 minutes after surveillance footage.

BBB
Don't forget that the time stamp shown on the actual video of the surveillance footage was 3:57. It wasn't until affidavits were released that the time was said to be 3:55.

BBB
Don;t forget that the time stamp shown on the actual video of the surveillance footage was 3:57. It wasn't until affidavits were released that the time was said to be 3:55.

Exactly. I'm going with info from affidavits.

Unfortunately, the family didn't learn about the cell phone pings at 4:47, 4:56, and 5:32 until we did. I remember asking JMOM about it when the news broke

But the search group met with law enforcement according to the reporter in the last video on this page.

He also said that her father pulled up her phone records on his account , so he would be authorized to request that info. I have never tried looking at GPS info from other phones on my account though, so I'm not sure how that works. Another thread I follow says there is a google folder with all of your locations on Android phones and I know I read the same about iPhones years ago. (If she and her friends were using iMessage, they have to all be on Apple devices.) Yes - that's right. Her iCloud account probably has much of her location data AND as an adult with nothing to hide, she would have had FindMyPhone enabled, I'd think.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Se...-for-Missing-Fort-Worth-Woman-274404321.html#

What is the difference between ping data and GPS data? I'm pretty sure GPS is much, much more accurate than pings. Why would they use pings at all?

So many curious things about this investigation compared to all of the scare-stories about the government's super-duper spy tech capabilities!

JMO

Exactly. I'm going with info from affidavits.

Gotcha. I guess I interpreted what you said about her getting another thing wrong as being shoddy relaying of the facts. At the time of her interview and blog post, 3:58 WAS thought to be a minute after she was last seen on camera.

I checked Urban Dictionary, and "keys" can also refer to a hit of cocaine - so 2 keys could mean 2 hits of cocaine. JMO

Is it referring to "key bumps" (would be my guess). IMO the phrase wouldn't be used in the way you are saying but i don't known.

Is it referring to "key bumps" (would be my guess). IMO the phrase wouldn't be used in the way you are saying but i don't known.

Key = kilogram

Oh, but you are right. Some people snort cocaine off of a key. (Sorry for butting in.)

I don't consider a cadaver dog hit to be a big factor when it comes to trial. It is a useful tool in the field, but when it comes to evidence in the court room...it often doesn't play as well due to variations among trainers and their dogs. Without a body, it isn't enough for a jury to tip the scale...imo.

i think its often not even allowed in court, but I have heard of a few occasions where it has (well one real).

I believe SN said on the Discovery ID show that he tried to call her and it appeared her phone was off or she was no longer on iMessage

that was from Feagans article on the hearing iirc.

Jmo, drugs are the red herring in this case-other than maybe making EA and possibly even Christina act in ways they may not have done sober, and I am not convinced of that. I think EA would have done whatever he did to Christina anyway, because he had the opportunity. I don't think he planned to kill her initially but soon realized he had no other way to keep her from reporting him for an assault. Yes, drugs are all over the place in this case, but I think that is simply a fact of the lifestyles of the people Christina surrounded herself with. Jmo

BBM
Good question. I figured it meant that if she lost her house keys her mom would know that she kept them all together on one key ring. Lose one, lose them all. She would know. I mean they are pretty close, right? That's something a person would know about someone they are close to. My bf knows I keep all my keys together on one ring, and I know he keeps not a single key on a chain.... don't ask me how he doesn't lose them but he never does!
But later, in the radio interview, I believe, it was reported that someone was messing with her and hid her keys. If that is the case, that sure is creepy. What is the point of that? To be funny? Har dee harr harr.... not. To keep an incapacitaed person from driving home? To keep a person away from a creep who is going to be at home? To keep a person around for a "sleepover?" To .... what?

which radio interview I'm interested in listening to it.

Do we know that no-one tried to call her after 4am, I remember some discussion that some of the pings on her phone after that time might have been because people were trying to contact her. I agree that it would be odd if all attempts to contact her convieniently ceased once she got to the garage.

JMO

I didn't think there were any other calls.
To me it's like they were calculating her movement to the garage. And the lost keys bother m leave the door open?
Don't you all think this was a planned robbery possibly?

I'm trying to find the exact wording of the keys text. Was it "the keys" "my keys" or is it not known for sure?

I usually don't do this, but I'm a few pages behind in reading. I've been out driving again today, and I happened to go right down 75 and stopped at the Bethany Starbucks today. My wheels were turning so I got home and I'm starting to make maps. This first one shows three possible routes between SAL and EA's home in Allen. It's not on the map, but I would submit that some people might actually go all the way up to the the intersection of 121 and 75 before turning South, just because it's all highway then. It looks like it's going way out of the way, but if you're driving it, it doesn't feel like it. It just feels faster because you're not down on street grade roads. But that' JMO. You can see the routes clearly on the map. I thought what I might try next is start looking for areas of flood plane, creek beds and unimproved areas anywhere along these routes.

ETA: both maps are the same area, just one is the road map view and the other is the satellite view.

TwoMapsThreeRoutes.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member