Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess she won't be smelling like a goddess for long. :)

And I think it's only a matter of time before she really pisses off some brutish gang member with her condescending passive aggressive personality. I hope we get to hear all about THAT.

I also think she's a born snitch. 'Nuff said. ;)

I think race played no part in her identifying with Jodi and I'm starting to get a little offended at all the mentions of them being Chicas and Latina buddies. I'm half Mexican and I do not identify with Jodi.

Yeah I don't identify with the murderer either, not in any way! But I'm not offended by Chica, my oldest daughter (47 years old) calls me that. It's either MaMa or Chica.

I've read most of the tweets regarding this press conference. I've goggled for the last hour to try and find a replay of it.
I was able to hear some of the questions and answers, but not all...plus I could not see the jurors, it was just audio.
Is there someone who could please provide a link to the whole press conference?
I'm so very upset right now I can't put my thoughts and feelings together for a cohesive post. I was able to view the verdict, but not live...

The jurors only allowed their voices to be recored.

Right?? Shame on the person posting these for CMJA.

So insensitive to actual rape victims.

Has ChaCha posted anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something tells me that ChaCha's not long for the Twitter world.

I've read most of the tweets regarding this press conference. I've goggled for the last hour to try and find a replay of it.
I was able to hear some of the questions and answers, but not all...plus I could not see the jurors, it was just audio.
Is there someone who could please provide a link to the whole press conference?
I'm so very upset right now I can't put my thoughts and feelings together for a cohesive post. I was able to view the verdict, but not live...

Wysteria,
the jury requested that their faces not be shown. Audio only. And I watched fox 10 Phoenix and they cut it off before the interviews were complete. Disappointed also.

you know as I think about this...you are judge JSS...you receive note indicating 11-1 split...then you are asked to remove a juror who is not "deliberating" and what do you do? If you remove that juror you know you will probably have the 12 for dp...but you will be under severe scrutiny in terms of tampering with the jury and probably lots of other legal issues...I mean what is "not deliberating" is it she does not agree or what? It is fitting this trial ends like this ...just nothing went smooth...i would like to know what JSS did to intervene here and see what was happening...there may be more than we know

No-is there ever a time when the judge speaks privately to a juror, to see what's going on? It would not be fair for the judge to remove a juror because he or she disagreed with everyone else. It might be fair to remove a juror because he or she lied to get on the jury, or refused to deliberate with everyone else. Some of the jurors said she wasn't engaged in the sessions (wouldn't add her thoughts about the evidence, etc). Wouldn't tell them what kind of evidence she would need in order to sentence Jodi to death, even though she said at the beginning she was capable of doing so. And referred to the death penalty, which she was required to consider, as revenge and not justice. I wouldn't want to sentence someone to death, either, but I'd say something before being impaneled.

You don't think MDLR was being used as bait, do you?

Not sure what you mean? Who would use MDLR as bait? And for what?

I was just thinking that if the DT found out that someone on the jury was breaking the rules, but also found out that they were anti DP or pro JA, there's no way they'd move to have them removed. And if anyone had ALL the goods on every juror and their social media habits, it would be the DT. PT's never seem to concern themselves with things like that. Kind of wish they would.

MOO

Lady Justice

I have done some deep thinking about why I continue to watch trials and hope for the right verdict, justice.

I think about Lady Justice being blindfolded, so that all men are treated equally under the laws. I know that is no longer true because in spite of the intent Justice is meted out differently to those who have the money to hire high powered attorneys. The rules of the court have changed to favor the perpetrator.

Because of the changes in the laws over the last few decades, the scales of Justice are no longer equal. Defense attorneys are allowed to present bolder sized lies to add to their side of the scale, all the while stealing truths from the state's side. Innuendo, misrepresentation and hired guns are the norm nowadays. Out and out lies are presented as factual to our jury's through these experts or even the defendant themselves.

Lady Justice is no longer equal justice under the law. Jury's are blinded from the truth, angering many of them after the verdict when they find out what is kept from them. Rapists, child molesters, and killers are set free to harm more people.

Lady Justice has been blindfolded, had her mouth duct taped, she has been handcuffed and shackled by the weight that has been added to the defense scales and taken from the state's side.

Right now there are teams of attorney's fighting against solitary confinement as being cruel and unusual punishment. We have lost sight of the victims and are losing more each day. What about the losses of the victim? Their family? Their friends? The community as a whole?

The money spent on high profile, salacious trials could be spent on much more important things. Perhaps by processing the backlog of DNA tests and rape kits that sit for years untouched because the money has to be spent on the defense. The DNA tests and rape kits that could and years later have identified perpetrators that have had far too long to continue to harm others.

Tears stream from beneath Lady Justice's blindfold and we cry with her.

The laws need to change and this time they need to swing back the other way. Trials need to have time limits, based on the crime, and Justice needs to become swift once again.

As we have seen by this trial twice, stealth jurors are able to make it onto the jury. Perhaps all states need to go to the simple majority to prevent mistrials. Florida now requires 9 out of 12 to find guilt. It's interesting that this trial would have ended much longer ago and with a whole lot less expense. Maybe it is time to change some laws.

I just listened to the Jurors and I have to say that I am so impressed with them and their honesty.

Btw, I just read a tweet that Juror #4 will be on Nancy Grace tonight.

While I am not happy with this non-verdict, I do take some comfort that Travis' murderer will not get a boat load of state funded appeals. She will struggle to raise money for representation and future appeals if the first appeal is denied, which I'm 99% sure it will be. She has like, what, 6 or 7 supporters?

I'm more upset with Nurmi claiming "victory". No victory here for him. I think CMJA looked upset after the verdict because she realizes her future and and the insignificance she is headed for. Nurmi will write a book like Juan Baez - he's in it for himself. It won't sell well - like Juan Baez. Then he can reaiize insignificance too.

JM did a great job proven by 11 jurors who confirmed it. I think JS has made an appeal of this case next to impossible and in that I think she did well. I didn't like the way she ran the courtroom sometimes but I'm not ready to judge the judge until all transcripts are released.

Love and prayers for the Alexanders. They showed tremendous class and integrity in the face of more adversity and trauma than most of us would encounter in a lifetime. So proud of them for keeping the face and spirit of Travis in the courtroom!

I can't even believe they can call it a "victory" LUCKY is what they should be calling it, because if not for the one lone juror it would have been death row for the princess. But knowing Nurmi I'm sure he will claim it and especially the fact that he beat Juan, but they were just very very lucky that one juror saved her life. And regardless of win or lose, I believe he will STILL be scrutinized for years, especially based on the fact that the jurors didn't believe any of his BS. JMHO.

Anyone going to stand up now and say what a good job JSS did?

:seeya:

I have been critical of the way JSS handled her court, etc,. since the trial and the 1st Sentencing Phase ... and I was extremely critical of her handling of this re-try of Sentencing Phase which was an absolute DISTASTER :gaah:

And now, after to listening to what the jurors had to say about this "stealth juror" -- and JSS knew there was some problem -- I truly believe that JSS has an "agenda" ...

:silenced: And that is all I will say right now ...

JMO and a big :moo: !

Wow, I caught that lie too when the transcript was released. I think I posted about it. But I didn't think it was significant, just another lie that JA got caught up in. Didn't think the jurors would even notice. I guess one did.

Sharp bunch considering they didn't have the advantages we did of looking over all this testimony.

You and the juror are extremely astute. Jodi says she is not a liar just because she lies and seems to think little white lies aren't a big deal. But it's those stupid little lies that reveal who you are. She doesn't seem to understand it.

Hey do you think this report is on it's way to the judge to help her decide what Jodi's sentence will be?

I don't doubt it will be. I always thought it went along with the pre-sentencing interview.

Wow, Michael Kiefer's complete silence today is almost deafening. I guess now that the DP is off the table, he needs to take his biased agenda elsewhere. Good riddance!

Lone juror..... ....... She looked at JA and saw too much of herself in her and made it 'personal'.

I said myself I am diagnosed BPD (BDP we call it here) and I seen some traits in Jodi that I recognized in myself it was alarming. But I still would have voted death and I'm not even a death penalty supporter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat