MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
So has anyone read Eloc's book so we can discuss?

I am looking forward to reading it, but have not done so yet. Have you had the opportunity to read it yet?

Updated form attached. It's come to my attention that online contributions to the NCMEC have a minimum of $25, so we'll have to scrap the PDF version of the book. However, you can mail your book order to me now, and when it's received by me, I'll email you a PDF of the book on 3/15 so you'll have that to read while waiting for the hard copy!

Also - only donated amounts, no names, will be displayed on the FB page. Your privacy is important to me too!!

Sorry for the confusion!

Any questions, email me at searchingforjacob@gmail.com

Attachments

• Order Form.pdf
    69.5 KB · Views: 32
It does not appear you are familiar with hockey TRY-OUTS. I have never heard of a name posted. The idea is to NOT name the participants and to choose players without knowing who they are. Of course, parents, etc. can often tell how a player skates who he is, and in the case of goalies (Jacob), it would have been easier to speculate who he was. In most try-outs today, no one is allowed in the arena during try-outs, only the coach who picks the kids. Back in 1989, I believe anyone was probably allowed.

And, I imagine, any coach who had been part of one of the local hockey teams may well have seen Jacob during the prior year or two at various hockey events. He may have observed him in other locations within the area as well. Wondering whether any of those coaches left town sometime after Jacob's abduction.

I was reading Joy's most recent blog. One of the bloggers stated that there were "40 prints" of Jacobs found at the abduction scene.

Has anyone here ever read that before? Can anyone confirm?

I was reading Joy's most recent blog. One of the bloggers stated that there were "40 prints" of Jacobs found at the abduction scene.

Has anyone here ever read that before? Can anyone confirm?
How many of the perp?

How many of the perp?

The blogger asked the same question as you. There was no response on Joy's blog.

I have only been following Jacob's abduction for about a year. I had never read anything on WS about LE finding "40 prints" of Jacobs ever.
Still wondering if anyone had ever heard about this before?

On joys blog....commenter derek...he mentions a boy in an apartment. What is that about?

On joys blog....commenter derek...he mentions a boy in an apartment. What is that about?

On the blog; the story titled "The Paynesville Incidents" http://www.joybaker.com/2014/04/07/paynesville-incidents/

Victim #1, it's the story of a young guy who lived in an apartment above a storefront in the downtown area. He was accosted in the hallway, stairway leading up to the apartment. I'm pretty certain that's what he's referring to.

In the letter, Rassier goes on to complain that the investigation was handled poorly.

"Jacob Wetterling never had a chance of being found based on what I observed law enforcement doing," Rassier told FOX 9 News.

Rassier wrote that he sympathizes with Wetterling's family, saying he "can't imagine the pain the Wetterlings still feel," but he still says destroying his family's name over a hunch is a serious crime.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...terest-tries-to-clear-name-with-5-page-letter

Jacob didn't have a chance of being found until DR told LE about the cars the next day. DR was the only witness to have seen cars and at the time of the abduction. He went to sleep on it, so when did the true crime here occur? His five page letter to clear his name has done nothing, he remains the only public person of interest.

DR has always been procedurally cooperative, but has always seemed to believe that he had no role in actively helping police. That is suspicious to me. Sherlock Holmsted from St. Cloud or Paynesville should have just known how to handle an armed abduction naturally in that area. But they did the right thing and got national experts involved in hours.

His complaints seem juvenile to me.

It does not appear you are familiar with hockey TRY-OUTS. I have never heard of a name posted. The idea is to NOT name the participants and to choose players without knowing who they are. Of course, parents, etc. can often tell how a player skates who he is, and in the case of goalies (Jacob), it would have been easier to speculate who he was. In most try-outs today, no one is allowed in the arena during try-outs, only the coach who picks the kids. Back in 1989, I believe anyone was probably allowed.

Actually I think the whole thing about this being hockey tryouts has evolved over time. According to published reports, Jerry said that hockey season was already underway, and this was just extra practice time for the boys.

I just finished reading "Three Boys Missing" by James A. Jack. Jack was the lead investigator of an October 1955 murder case where 3 boys disappeared and were later found in a forest preserve. There are several parallels between this case and Jacob's, and it's interesting reading about the case from the investigator's perspective. Reading this book gave me a new appreciation for what investigators in the Wetterling case must have gone through.

Anything you would like to share that you gleaned ELOC?

I just finished reading "Three Boys Missing" by James A. Jack. Jack was the lead investigator of an October 1955 murder case where 3 boys disappeared and were later found in a forest preserve. There are several parallels between this case and Jacob's, and it's interesting reading about the case from the investigator's perspective. Reading this book gave me a new appreciation for what investigators in the Wetterling case must have gone through.
Is it a good read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member