VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I think you did well, and CH is unbelievably unprofessional.
Wow is right! Someone needs a chill pill. I jus' loves me some Katydid23!:loveyou::dance:

Seriously, I just spent the last four hours playing music with friends and I came back to see meltdowns happening all over the place. What happened to the FB posts? Did the ATV ever get rented? Was there a prayer vigil? This is the most bizarre case.

Oh, and if speculation on the marital status is incorrect then we're back to wondering why the timeline so conflicted. Curiouser and curiouser...

I think often times that's somewhat misleading. I know teenage girls who are perfectly happy kids but take to SM to complain about things that annoy them. However, AJ, like others, also uses twitter to post pics of things she finds funny, food related tweets, what it's going to be like next year when she has her own apartment :( and... brownies. (Which technically doesn't fall into the food category because... brownies).

The vibe I get from her twitter is that several things ticked her off, she actually LIKED being at school but it was tough, and she was looking forward to the future.

Yeah. Her twitter looks like every other freshman's twitter IMO. Hungry. Tired. Annoyed. Song lyrics.

Did anyone notice if the donation page for AJ was always a $7500 goal? Or did that recently increase? I swear it was NOT that high when I first checked it out when this whole thing began.

As far as I remember it was $7500 pretty early if not from the beginning. I check it a few times a day. I wonder how much has come in from the headband sales (5$), the plastic bracelets ($5) and the cafe raffle...

She had applied for and interviewed to be an RA next year, so I think she wanted to be there. Being an RA would help ensure she had the financials in order to stay. There's nothing on her twitter that is out of the ordinary to me and would indicate she was unhappy at school, but I have 18 and 21 year olds.

As far as I remember it was $7500 pretty early if not from the beginning. I check it a few times a day. I wonder how much has come in from the headband sales (5$), the plastic bracelets ($5) and the cafe raffle...

I hope it's okay that I say this, it is jmo, but I'm waiting for them to open up a Bring AJ home store and sell all sorts of other stuff...This case is getting on my nerves.

Is it my understanding that Norfolk PD still haven't considered any foul play yet?

Two updates today, as answers to comments on Facebook:
Norfolk Police Department
Norfolk Police are continuing the search for missing teenager Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell. The investigation into the circumstances surrounding her disappearance is continuing. We have not ruled out any possibilities, and we are pursuing all leads. We ask that anyone with information, or who has seen her since March 2, 2015, should call Norfolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
Today at 9:06am

Norfolk Police Department
I can assure you that Norfolk Police Detectives are exhausting all leads and are actively investigating any and all circumstances that led to her disappearance.
· 10 hours ago

https://m.facebook.com/NorfolkPD/ph...82592437/882663048442821/?type=1&ref=bookmark

My oldest is a senior in high school, so I don't have experience with college age kids on SM. I just wonder about the fact that she still seems to mostly communicate with friends back home, and not so much with other LU students? On the LU posts, I didn't see anyone say, "This is my friend from xxxx class," or "she lives on my hall." Of course, there is so much we cannot see.

And, also it seems unusual that she was back home so frequently, especially when she didn't often see her boyfriend (per a conversation on Twitter).

My oldest is a senior in high school, so I don't have experience with college age kids on SM. I just wonder about the fact that she still seems to mostly communicate with friends back home, and not so much with other LU students? On the LU posts, I didn't see anyone say, "This is my friend from xxxx class," or "she lives on my hall." Of course, there is so much we cannot see.

I have three in college. AJ's communications on Twiiter with home friends is the norm. Especially for first year. IMO

I have three in college. AJ's communications on Twiiter with home friends is the norm. Especially for first year. IMO

I appreciate your experience! Is it normal not to have made more connections with classmates by this time in the year?

wowzers. click on the ABOUT ME portion of the site. That answered a lot of questions for me. :floorlaugh:
Katydid23, during your exchange with CH, you kept your composure, manners and thoughts all in check, which in turn made her sound crude, rude and abrasive. She called you a websleuther as if it was an insult. But you know what? Your classy responses made me proud to belong to WS.[emoji6]

From my experience, twitter at that age is mostly about making a quick statement or observation in that moment. It's not mostly used to communicate, that's by text. Your friends from home might be more likely to reply to something you've tweeted because they aren't there with you. I hope that makes sense.

Regarding Mom's silence after her initial statement...I wonder if revelations about WH's past totally blindsided her. Not all women run background checks on the men they allow into their lives. If she just found out along with the rest of us, I can't imagine how devastating that would be to process along with her daughter being missing. That doesn't explain why she would let WH take over the publicity, but maybe she is totally flattened emotionally. I actually hope she didn't know because I can't imagine letting a man with his past anywhere near my children. JMO

These questions are probably for the seasoned sleuthers. Why would LE stop communicating with a family if someone was missing? And at what point would a family hire their own PI if they feel that their case isn't being handled like they would? What point would they hire a lawyer to step in to help the family navigate what their next step is like going to the press, interviews, etc?

I appreciate your experience! Is it normal not to have made more connections with classmates by this time in the year?

My kids have stopped tweeting, completely. But, first year away, they did keep in touch with home friends. Every other communication (mostly pics and one liners) is via snapchat. A few pics on FB on occassion. I would say 85% on snapchat.

ETA: I didn't answer your question, LOL! I am pretty sure she made connections. AndI would bet she was an active snapchatter with her school friends.

I can't really say if AJ was making connections or not, but I will say we can't take anything posted on twitter to indicate that. My daughter primarily uses facebook to communicate with family and twitter to say things exactly like AJ says--so tired, so hungry, so cold, can't wait for spring break, hate my 8am, etc. She primarily uses texting and tumblr for anything involving the people she's closest to and hangs out with.

My kids have stopped tweeting, completely. But, first year away, they did keep in touch with home friends. Every other communication (mostly pics and one liners) are via snapchat. A few pics on FB on occassion. I would say 85% on snapchat.

Yes--my son mostly uses snapchat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member