VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure anyone actually bought a GoPro. I think that was just a BS story WH made up for deflection. JMO :cow:

This was A.J's second semester at college correct?

As such I think WH would have been aware of the money coming her way.

Its not unusual at all to see college students flaunting that cash a bit, especially when many of them have never had that much money before.

The fall disbursement would have been a couple of months before Christmas as well.

I think WH was aware of the money, also. AJ's parental units would have had to submit their tax info for student loans, right? We had to with our daughter anyway.

Nermal: you should get one for your car when your chasing LE around. You could send us live feed right back to the forum.

Or just use the new Periscope app on a cell phone ;)

Two broadcasters just streamed an almost 4 hour (yes really) police chase, following right behind the officers following the stolen taxi they were pursuing, days after the Periscope (and Meerkat) app(s) were released just a few weeks ago.

Let me tell you it was fascinating watching from that perspective!

And interesting as they outlasted the media choppers who couldn't get reception after about 45 minutes into it; 3 LE copters who ran out of fuel, and a whole lot of patrol cars even as they started getting low on fuel...they were nearly out of fuels and locals on SM started letting them know where gas stations were since they were pretty remote for a lot of it and they could have gotten stranded.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/30/meerkat-periscope-live-streaming-apps-news-twitter (This article talks about the groundbreaking use of it by media about halfway into the article)

Good list, mom2six.
7. Friend, family or neighbor who wanted to make it appear that WH was responsible (not that I believe this necessarily but the thought has crossed my mind)

Thank you.

I'm getting a giggle that some of you are viewing this process as an attempt to clear WH. I don't see it that way at all! I see the investigation as potentially being taken two ways, from two different starting points. In the beginning, all we had was WH and all his bizarre behaviors and criminal history. He has put himself in the vicinity and we can start with him and see if more evidence supports him being the suspect. Now that we have found AJ, we can set him aside and look at the evidence and see if it still points his direction.

In addition, it may or may not also point another direction or to multiple suspects. That's all.

If WH is involved, this process will not clear him. But, it may remove some of the red herrings that obstruct our vision due to his presence.

That said, updated list.

Suspect must:
1. have familiarity with and not stick out in AJ's neighborhood.
2. have familiarity with Southampton house location and/or route through area to NC (hwy 258 to Murfreesboro or farther West?)

Suspect may:
1. work with WH.
2. have access to blue/black van possibly with freedom of movement without arousing suspicion. (or know family will not come forward?)
3. know AJ was home that week.
4. own or have access to a white car.
5. have participated in searches.
6. be friend, family, or neighbor
7. implicate WH as primary suspect, either legitimately or illegitimately. (I think wording it this way leaves open the question of WH himself, or being framed. If someone has clearer wording, I'm all for it.)

One thing I was pondering tonight is the fact that WH told us LE showed him a picture of he and AJ on his phone. We don't know what that picture was, but WH goes on to comment that he took AJ shooting "all the time", "Well, not all the time. On multiple occasions." We also know that 9 mm luger ammo was one of the items listing on the missing property sections of the MP report. And we know that when LE searched WH's hotel room, they found ammo hidden in the air vent. It seems fairly obvious to me that the ammo missing from the house is the same ammo later found in that air vent. So I'm wondering if the picture LE showed WH might have been of interest to LE because of the location where they went shooting. And then I recalled that LE searched every inch of the Franklin location...right up into the woods. For some reason, I got the impression they were collecting shell casings. So is the Franklin house possibly the place that WH took AJ shooting on multiple occasions? I know that a few neighbors have said that they hadn't seen anyone there in a long time, but that doesn't mean that someone hadn't BEEN there in a long time.

Just a few sketchy thoughts.

Random but related thought (I know, a tad oxymoronic). I have been having a nagging thought that he probably strangled her. I know that is a bit preemptive, but based on some of the things he said it gives me that eerie feeling.

I guess we will have to wait and see, though...

I haven't really been wanting to think about what her COD was, but that just seems the most plausible to me currently.

JMO

That's exactly what I think. He strangled her. :moo:

I am not sure anyone actually bought a GoPro. I think that was just a BS story WH made up for deflection. JMO :cow:

I agree... people keep wanting to bring it up, but I don't see why anyone actually believes it. I mean first it's the 30 minute staring contest, then hours to shop for a specific item. Please... this is just one more reason I can't imagine anyone else hurt her. The more lies he tells, the more we might "feel bad" for him or lose focus on AJ.

I think WH was aware of the money, also. AJ's parental units would have had to submit their tax info for student loans, right? We had to with our daughter anyway.

Yes, students are considered dependents until the age of 23 even if they arent living at home...so their parents tax records would be needed.

Someone as twisted as WH might even think theyre due part of that money for that reason alone IMO.

Thank you to those who answered my question. I don't know how to reply to multiple posts. But your answers give me more clarification as to why WH can be discussed and not other people.

One thing I was pondering tonight is the fact that WH told us LE showed him a picture of he and AJ on his phone. We don't know what that picture was, but WH goes on to comment that he took AJ shooting "all the time", "Well, not all the time. On multiple occasions." We also know that 9 mm luger ammo was one of the items listing on the missing property sections of the MP report. And we know that when LE searched WH's hotel room, they found ammo hidden in the air vent. It seems fairly obvious to me that the ammo missing from the house is the same ammo later found in that air vent. So I'm wondering if the picture LE showed WH might have been of interest to LE because of the location where they went shooting. And then I recalled that LE searched every inch of the Franklin location...right up into the woods. For some reason, I got the impression they were collecting shell casings. So is the Franklin house possibly the place that WH took AJ shooting on multiple occasions? I know that a few neighbors have said that they hadn't seen anyone there in a long time, but that doesn't mean that someone hadn't BEEN there in a long time.

Just a few sketchy thoughts.

I said the same thing in an earlier post regarding the fact that just because no one saw anyone there doesn't mean no one was there. However, I don't think it's legal to just be out shooting on abandoned property. I mean it's rural out there, but there are neighbors. So, even though it was good you mentioned it, I don't think that could be correct. That's not to say that they couldn't have gone shooting in the woods in the area, just probably not at a residence in my opinion. I really want to know what evidence was collected, though.

Thank you.

I'm getting a giggle that some of you are viewing this process as an attempt to clear WH. I don't see it that way at all! I see the investigation as potentially being taken two ways, from two different starting points. In the beginning, all we had was WH and all his bizarre behaviors and criminal history. He has put himself in the vicinity and we can start with him and see if more evidence supports him being the suspect. Now that we have found AJ, we can set him aside and look at the evidence and see if it still points his direction.

In addition, it may or may not also point another direction or to multiple suspects. That's all.

Shortened by me for brevity

I dont think most of us see it that way at all mom2six.

I think the recalcitrance and pushback youre seeing in this thread, especially in regards to alternate suspects, is due to someone elses acerbic and insulting comments towards other WS'ers.

The truly ironic thing about that, is that this poster's comments are actually influencing more people to believe WH's guilt than not.

It becomes downright hilarious when you realize they haven't been astute enough to figure that out yet; numerous claims of intellectual superiority notwithstanding :thinking::thinking::thinking::laughcry:

For those wondering about the other items that were collected around the time of the finding of AJ's bank card. Here is a screen shot I took from the GMA video that showed what the family had collected.

evidence.jpg

Good point. Wes (that morning) took some cash that AJ was going to use for a Gopro to feed his coke habit. She confronted him and called him a drug addict. He snaps in anger while ripping up her credit card and telling her that all of the stuff that they have is because of him. Then she goes to stop him from ripping up the credit card. And we can guess the rest.

I can see it happening that way, but the cards may have been a manifestation of the underlying stresses. AJ's sports career in particular was a focus of their family activities, and at the core of the, what I will call, the 'bully crew', because this is the group of people that Hadsell used to humiliate Zach for years and estrange her from a parent who lovingly raised throughout her childhood, until Hadsell came into her life. Their tasteless ploys throughout the search and now AJ's murder investigation, internet war, bake sale style memorial, and taunting obit is just more of the same. When AJ as a freshmen goes off to college, the glue that she was, is gone. Resentments start, Hadsell isn't so into mom, AJ is the focus of resentment, and no longer in his control. Money may have been an issue but it may not have been what killed her. She probably was pulling in a way he knew he'd lost her. That fear of abandonment, which must have started early for him, making up for it by stealing, maybe in the red brick school house when he was young.

Foxfire had taught me that killers, may take their victims to the places like where the pathology of their freakish natures first started, when they first got that thrill. I guess where they felt most vulnerable and in control at the same time.

Spring break, when kids really fly the coop, I mean really, if that's where they're at in life, a milestone for many freshmen year, that may have been at issue before the break. She may have been pulling away. Vacation was almost over, she was going back to college, away from him, with heart probably bent on getting even more distance from him than the separation from her mom permitted, seeing how tight the bully crew is. I can see all this being possible.

I said the same thing in an earlier post regarding the fact that just because no one saw anyone there doesn't mean no one was there. However, I don't think it's legal to just be out shooting on abandoned property. I mean it's rural out there, but there are neighbors. So, even though it was good you mentioned it, I don't think that could be correct. That's not to say that they couldn't have gone shooting in the woods in the area, just probably not at a residence in my opinion. I really want to know what evidence was collected, though.

I live in the country. People shoot around here all the time. WE shoot around here all the time. One of my neighbors goes up to an old empty miners shack (that's what he calls it, to me it looks like a crappy little house) in the next hollow and shoots there, because there is an embankment there that he can shoot into. No one has ever called LE on him. No one thinks twice about gunshots out here...it's rural, we all hunt, we all do target practice. And it is almost impossible to tell who is shooting or where it is coming from.

If you look at his charges now it says.... Poisoning or maiming fowl. Very strange!

Uh...what?

That. Is. Weird.

I figured it had to do with the dog, and I thought he admitted to it probably because the police had some sort of evidence for it (the dog being hurt after b&e, surveillance video etc).

This is the first I have heard of any fowl!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173