VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was helpful to me, and is taken from the murder of Jennifer Ramsaran thread a couple years ago Someone brought up the story today. Sorry I don't recall who. It was on Dateline I think & YouTube as our other Websleuther mentioned. Worth watching. I'll try to find the link.

QUOTE::

At this point, perhaps the best path to solving this particular murder rests with the ability of law enforcement’s geographic profilers to identify the killer’s awareness space, which is defined as that geographic area that individuals have become familiar with over their lifetime. It is composed of those places that have been incorporated into a person’s memory by repeated exposure.

A person’s, including a criminal’s, awareness space is centered around those locations that are most important to them, starting with their home and including other locations such as work, a friend’s house, the primary stores where they shop, favorite walking paths, etc. It is also composed of the transportation corridors used to connect those locations to one another.
in the vast majority of child abduction murders, as well as other crimes, researchers have found that theperpetrator lives within his awareness space, commits his crimes close to home and within that awareness space, and disposes of his victims and other evidence at the outer edges of the awareness space, generally along the space’s transportation corridors.

This is because when it comes to operating in our comfort zones, criminals, even sociopaths who murder children, have been found to be just like the rest of us. We tend to operate within the areas that we know best.

UNQUOTE

Slightly off-topic...but it seems to me that if one is serious about starting a reputable organization to assist in locating missing persons, one ought to care enough about the organization to take a few seconds to proof read what is posted on that organization's behalf.

Because I, for one, have never heard of an "age striction" ?

UM,,,,,WOW! OH where that takes me mind,,,,,,,:gaah:

Perhaps this has already been mentioned. If so, sorry - I'm not all the way caught up. Didn't they call the service on Saturday a Memorial? I had wondered at at that time why they were calling it that because I have always heard of Memorials when there was not a body present, rather than a funeral/burial.

I also want to make this comment, because I believe there is some confusion in some people's minds. Cause of Death, Mechanism of Death and Manner of Death are all very different things.

Cause of Death: This is basically the physiological condition which caused the death. Example: massive coronary, drug overdose, gunshot wound to the head, etc.

Mechanism of Death: This is the physiological condition which results from the cause of death. Example: massive hemorrhage, respiratory failure, liver failure, etc.

Manner of Death: This is basically a professional explanation for how the death came about. Natural death, accidental death, suicide, homicide, etc. Example: Let's say the cause of death in a particular case was a gun shot wound to the head. The mechanism of death might be massive hemorrhage, and the manner of death might be accidental death, suicide, or homicide, depending on what the evidence of the investigation points to.

This is, of course, a very basic explanation of the differences, but I just wanted to take a moment to clarify these terms, so that everyone understands what they actually mean when they hear them in this case.

Thank you Mountain Kat. I want to say that there is no reason at all for this reporter to be speculating about something like this. I spoke directly to him and he didn't say, "I think they cremated her." He said, "her body was cremated and they are waiting on the toxicology report." There is no reason to keep her body as long as they have what they needed. I think that if there were any question, the body would still be with the ME.

Thank you Mountain Kat. I want to say that there is no reason at all for this reporter to be speculating about something like this. I spoke directly to him and he didn't say, "I think they cremated her." He said, "her body was cremated and they are waiting on the toxicology report." There is no reason to keep her body as long as they have what they needed. I think that if there were any question, the body would still be with the ME.

Exactly. My personal feeling is that LE already knows the COD (not releasing that info to the public) and are currently working on determining her manner of death.

JMO, MOO, etc. etc. etc.

I'm wondering if LE will even release COD/TOD if they have multiple suspects on their radar. They (LE) may need to keep some facts close to the cuff in case they need to determine witness credibility at some point.

I attended the Memorial and Candlelight Vigil for AJ tonight at Longwood U . It was a packed house and a really nice tribute to her. President Reveley spoke, as well as AJ's dorm RA, two girls in the softball club with AJ, and someone from the counseling center. Many of the speakers spoke of AJ's potential and the President spoke of how she was beginning to “transform her life” at College (I wondered how deeply true this really was). Jen and Anjelica's sisters were there.WSET 13 TV was also filming. As we lit our candles, “When I Get Where I'm Going” by Brad Paisley played in the background. There were many tears and hugs among her fellow Lancers.

I feel blessed that I was able to attend and share in another part of Anjelica's life. My heart still breaks for those who love her and miss her desperately. As I meditated during the song, I couldn't help but think of where AJ is now. As I left to walk to my car, I began to think about her last few minutes/hours of her life and my heart broke all over again. It was so wrong and hateful for someone to do this to her and I will pray even more fervently that justice will come swift and soon.

This was helpful to me, and is taken from the murder of Jennifer Ramsaran thread a couple years ago Someone brought up the story today. Sorry I don't recall who. It was on Dateline I think & YouTube as our other Websleuther mentioned. Worth watching. I'll try to find the link.

RSBM
Here it is:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rfolk-3-March-2015-19&p=11708834#post11708834

Here is another link about awareness space that was posted a few threads ago:
http://www.boulderweekly.com/articl...ss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

I attended the Memorial and Candlelight Vigil for AJ tonight at Longwood U . It was a packed house and a really nice tribute to her. President Reveley spoke, as well as AJ's dorm RA, two girls in the softball club with AJ, and someone from the counseling center. Many of the speakers spoke of AJ's potential and the President spoke of how she was beginning to “transform her life” at College (I wondered how deeply true this really was). Jen and Anjelica's sisters were there.WSET 13 TV was also filming. As we lit our candles, “When I Get Where I'm Going” by Brad Paisley played in the background. There were many tears and hugs among her fellow Lancers.

I feel blessed that I was able to attend and share in another part of Anjelica's life. My heart still breaks for those who love her and miss her desperately. As I meditated during the song, I couldn't help but think of where AJ is now. As I left to walk to my car, I began to think about her last few minutes/hours of her life and my heart broke all over again. It was so wrong and hateful for someone to do this to her and I will pray even more fervently that justice will come swift and soon.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and feelings with us!

Strictions on rumors are tight as they should be ;) but it's often helpful to couch ideas in "hypotheticals". In all seriousness, it is actually helpful.

Re; page after page of whatever discussion...

This is what we do here. Throw out ideas, theories, gut-feelings, images, maps, whatever, and then we discuss them at LENGTH. Sometimes are there days (months, years!) without official updates from either LE or family or anyone. It's just the way it goes here.

Strictions on rumors are tight as they should be ;) but it's often helpful to couch ideas in "hypotheticals". In all seriousness, it is actually helpful.

I think the main reason that particular rumor was allowed in terms of discussion, was because the person who said it was awaiting insider verification, a process they never completed, by the way. Otherwise, that never would have been permitted here, imo. But once something is "out there", it has a way of staying "out there", regardless of whether it's true or not.

All due respect, I don't start rumors and I don't spread rumors. This reporter that I spoke to face-to-face today was not the only reporter who said that she was cremated. Someone else posted a link to another reporter who said the same thing.

Link ? I think I missed that newscast

Link ? I think I missed that newscast

The link was posted in this thread either today or yesterday. I apologize that I can't remember who posted it, but it is the same link that discussed the forensic anthropologist being on board.

For what it's worth, I have also seen people saying again that she was in the elements for a month +. We don't know that either. We know nothing almost, but we have to remember that she may not have been outside that whole time, so, it may have been easier to identify her if she was only placed there after the fact. So, I was just reminding everyone, (including myself), that we still do not know how long she was actually outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv