GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the cars going to Detroit-Manheim Auto Auction arrive from car dealers, etc. I've never been back there to the auction so I really don't know what is available to the general public, but will be in Flat Rock Friday, may check it out. Is there any place near there anyone would like me to look at or check on since I will be in that area?

Most of the cars going to Detroit-Manheim Auto Auction arrive from car dealers, etc. I've never been back there to the auction so I really don't know what is available to the general public, but will be in Flat Rock Friday, may check it out. Is there any place near there anyone would like me to look at or check on since I will be in that area?

I'd be interested in knowing if they have onsite upholstery and detailing for those cars. I'm thinking about the Perp having access to those facilities....
Be interesting to see a log of any vans that went out borrowed the night in question.

I'd be interested in knowing if they have onsite upholstery and detailing for those cars. I'm thinking about the Perp having access to those facilities....
Be interesting to see a log of any vans that went out borrowed the night in question.

I could be wrong but I don't believe it's open to the public in that way. They have set days and times for what types of cars they will be auctioning. I don't believe they offer services for the public, but yet will clean up cars that will be auctioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I do recall this and it was around the time Julia N's Stepfather was arrested and I know a few of us were trying to link the arrest to the search, but found absolutely nothing.

So strange that these 2 girls knew each other and the families plagued with tragedy.

Drill down on your map and go in to street view. Look at Carleton Rockwood road coming from the Flatrock direction towards 275. Just before 275, their is a fork, a little small road that runs parallel to 275 heading up towards the auto auction plant. There are bodies of water along side this "frontage" road, and lots of marshy area. Drill down and check it out. I keep honing in on the area that is directly across from the Golf course - across 275. Sneaky road, concealment, quick exit.

Thanks. Are we talking about a service / utility road about 100 feet to the east of 275? I think your eyes may be better than mine. I've now put it as a PURPLE line on map to show where I think it goes, but I'm not convinced there is more than a path there.

I could be wrong but I don't believe it's open to the public in that way. They have set days and times for what types of cars they will be auctioning. I don't believe they offer services for the public, but yet will clean up cars that will be auctioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I'm thinking of someone who works there, or has a friend that works there that would give them access to these services. All speculation, of course.

275_1.jpg
Thanks. Are we talking about a service / utility road about 100 feet to the east of 275? I think your eyes may be better than mine. I've now put it as a PURPLE line on map to show where I think it goes, but I'm not convinced there is more than a path there.

275_2.jpg

Pic one is a street view of the frontage road that runs parallel to 275. Pic two is a different angle, but you can see a bit of hwy 275 in the upper right hand corner in both

ok - finally found what I wanted. Check out this link. You can move up and down the hwy and "travel" yourself, (by clicking on or moving the arrows around), or turn and look 360 degrees. You will see the frontage road on the right. You can "jump" over to the frontage road by clicking on it. Just play around with it. It's fun to "travel" this way:

http://www.instantstreetview.com/@42.078277,-83.371268,-10.56h,-9.17p,1z

I think your pic. one is the on-ramp to 275 from Carleton-Rockwood road. (I'm not seeing a Pic two in the post). Here's a screenshot that I took from Streetview of the on-ramp, with the same pickup on the shoulder. (I have the original and cropped versions both showing here unintentionally. I couldn't figure out how to delete the uncropped.)

A parellel service road would have to be somewhere off to the left of the photo, but I can only make out what looks like a footpath there from the aerial views.

But your point remains that this is an area with railroad tracks, lots of water and hard to search terrain, and easy access to the case's points of interest. Like the Flat Rock area, the area surrounding the one you are interested in seems to have more than its share of registered sex offenders (per Crime Reports.com).

Thanks, Forager

Attachments

• Carleton-Rock to 275 onramp.jpg
    Carleton-Rock to 275 onramp.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Carleton-Rock to 275 onramp.jpg
    Carleton-Rock to 275 onramp.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 32
ok - finally found what I wanted. Check out this link. You can move up and down the hwy and "travel" yourself, (by clicking on or moving the arrows around), or turn and look 360 degrees. You will see the frontage road on the right. You can "jump" over to the frontage road by clicking on it. Just play around with it. It's fun to "travel" this way:

I hadn't seen yet this one when I sent my last one. I'll check it out. Thanks for sending it. - Forager

I didn't know it was possible to do what you just did with that link. Very nice.

I hadn't seen this when I repeated my skepticism about the frontage road in my last post. I do now see an unpaved road running generally parallel to 275 between Carleton-Rockwood and Will-Carleton to the WEST of 275. It would take familiarity well beyond 'awareness' to get me to drive it at night, though. And I'd be surprised if the unpaved road weren't just a farmer's own dirt road, and private property.

Thanks for that link and for sticking with me on this! I hope I'm not boring everyone else.

I didn't know it was possible to do what you just did with that link. Very nice.

I hadn't seen this when I repeated my skepticism about the frontage road in my last post. I do now see an unpaved road running generally parallel to 275 between Carleton-Rockwood and Will-Carleton to the WEST of 275. It would take familiarity well beyond 'awareness' to get me to drive it at night, though. And I'd be surprised if the unpaved road weren't just a farmer's own dirt road, and private property.

Thanks for that link and for sticking with me on this! I hope I'm not boring everyone else.

Forager, there is much more than an unpaved road. Look at the two pics I posted. That is the paved road I am referring to. I will try to illustrate this better when I have a few mins using your map.

Btw, just want to point out you can use that same "travel" link I provided to go "walk" around the areAs currently being searched where the clothes were found. Just enter in the address closest to the building, and go "walk" around.

Forager, there is much more than an unpaved road. Look at the two pics I posted. That is the paved road I am referring to. I will try to illustrate this better when I have a few mins using your map.

Btw, just want to point out you can use that same "travel" link I provided to go "walk" around the areAs currently being searched where the clothes were found. Just enter in the address closest to the building, and go "walk" around.

If you can share an e-mail address, I can give you editing access of the Chelsea Overview map. It sounds like you already know your way around a map and a keyboard, but I'd be happy to walk you thru creating a line for the frontage road, if that would help.

And yes, I'm going to spend some time on that site of yours.

Thanks and good night.

Thanks for the link caspermi, neat story.

Hunt for Chelsea Bruck: Million flyers, mother's hope
By Robert Allen, Detroit Free Press,
6:21 am edt Apr 23, '15

[...]

"Bruck declined to comment on what she knows about the discovery, but she said the development was a direct result from the flyers."

[...]

"When she drives around in her Dodge Journey, adorned with purple (her daughter's favorite color) and the flyers, Bruck stops to replace fading flyers on power poles."

[...]

Anyone with information is asked to call the Monroe County Sheriff's Department at 734-243-7070 or 734-240-7700.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2013/mar/27/authorities-body-man-found-se-mich-ditch/

Not really related, but I found it interesting that a male body was found near I-275 and Will Carleton Rd., and a woman's body was found not far from there earlier along Newburg Rd.

Roses, can you be more specific about the "Plant" you are looking to name? Is it near I-275? There are a lot of industrial businesses on the map, the large parking lot I think you see is unknown, but I am working on it.
I read about that last night and at first thought to myself 'we had a serial killer on the loose'.

I read about that last night and at first thought to myself 'we had a serial killer on the loose'.

It is also a high drug incidents area and overdose may be a possibility too. Is there more information on COD's?

The thing I keep going back to on this is, if Chelsea fell prey to perp/s at BM's bash, why would her things end up there, if it would lead to association to the people responsible who may be nearby. Not well said, so another way, why would a perp leave evidence near where it could lead to them?

Five months later, why would their tracks not have been cleaned? Does the way the kid arrested for a false report seem like he was scared of being set up to anyone else and he tried to get ahead of it, or is that over thinking it?

The crime and RSO stats trailer park area stand out, IIRC, as mentioned up thread.

Just a thought, but 1) if the perp was drunk, stoned or drugged up, they might have forgotten where they left things, assuming more than one location is involved.

Also, 2) if more than one person was involved and someone was careless, they each might have thought the other took care of cleaning up.

Lastly, 3) something could have been thrown out of a window while driving by.

If winter winds blew the whole leafed-shirt from a trash can and away over the course of time, it would have been spotted earlier due to the size of the shirt. Plus I think there is fencing there it would have gotten caught up in. A single leaf however, would most certainly end up where it did.

Do we know exactly where the items in question were located?

For the record, it's still a possibility that CB is being held somewhere, much like the 3 girls taken by that Arial(?) Castro man.

Sex slavery is not the only form of human trafficking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde