GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the quote from Kilen that I posted yesterday, Chelsea supposedly drank occasionally but not to excess. I've seen one group photo (maybe with band members) where Chelsea's holding a beer can.

Thnks... that is the photo I thought I remembered, but could not find again.

So, I have been back to studying all the great maps that Forager, FindHG, and others have been working so diligently on. I'm a map gal, I get the most theories and insights from looking at maps. We all have our thing. ; )
And I just had a bit of a wing ding, because I believe it was dmc who is fixated on the railroad tracks, and I've been fixated on the area directly across from the Carlton Glenn golf course, across from 275. I was drilling down on Foragers terrific map, and realized that Carleton Rockwood road splits off in two directions just before 275; and one direction (to the right) becomes that frontage road that I am so interested in. The frontage road goes past swampy bodies of water, swan creek, and *train tracks*. If I'm looking at the map correctly, the train tracks go right under 275. This frontage road is between Carleton Rockwood and Will Carleton. Both lead right to Flatrock. If you look at this from an aerial map, it's highly accessible, provides quick departure, and hiding grounds. If we have a person of interest tied to the golf course or if there are hunting grounds in that area, then I'd really have a wing ding.

Big caveat here is this is all amateur speculation based on aerial views. She could be anywhere, and I'm sure LE is well on that trail.

It's good to move forward, rosesfromangels. I've been learning from how you use maps to think things through and am so please the maps are getting the kind of boost that works for you. Think of ways you want to see things on them as you go.

Thank you for your great eye.

I don't know how I missed this, but just noticed there was a LE search on 3/9 at Point Moille, a "gaming" area. Certainly made me think of the Niswender thread....

So, I have been back to studying all the great maps that Forager, FindHG, and others have been working so diligently on. I'm a map gal, I get the most theories and insights from looking at maps. We all have our thing. ; )
And I just had a bit of a wing ding, because I believe it was dmc who is fixated on the railroad tracks, and I've been fixated on the area directly across from the Carlton Glenn golf course, across from 275. I was drilling down on Foragers terrific map, and realized that Carleton Rockwood road splits off in two directions just before 275; and one direction (to the right) becomes that frontage road that I am so interested in. The frontage road goes past swampy bodies of water, swan creek, and *train tracks*. If I'm looking at the map correctly, the train tracks go right under 275. This frontage road is between Carleton Rockwood and Will Carleton. Both lead right to Flatrock. If you look at this from an aerial map, it's highly accessible, provides quick departure, and hiding grounds. If we have a person of interest tied to the golf course or if there are hunting grounds in that area, then I'd really have a wing ding.

Big caveat here is this is all amateur speculation based on aerial views. She could be anywhere, and I'm sure LE is well on that trail.

Roses,

You're using the map! My pupils are dilating!

I've put a temporary marker in for the Carleton Golf Club course, and traced the tracks I think you are talking about, both in a "Landmarks" layer with disclaimers that they haven't been linked to the case. The area is certainly quickly accessible from the key locations in the case and looks like it's full of rarely frequented, unsupervised spots.

"Hero Boy" H B's mother, C O (seen in WXYZ video here:
http://www.wxyz.com/news/two-charged-with-lying-to-police-in-case-of-missing-chelsea-bruck) had a Carleton address (not clear when), so it's probably safe to conclude that it is within his area of familiarity, as is Flat rock. Of course a bunch of other people would also be familiar with two places as close as Carleton and Flat Rock. It's interesting to think about though. Thanks for suggesting it.

It's that sneaky little frontage road that whips off of the main road from Flat rock that draws me in. Has so many elements for sneakiness, concealment, and quick departure. Those three marshy bodies of water along the frontage road are interesting.

Anyone know what that big plant just before will Carleton road is? I see tons of cars parked there. When I look at this aerial map and think like the Perp, there are so many squirrelly areas to get backed in to. This direction I suggest seems like an easy and quick out. Again, just thinking aloud.

I don't know how I missed this, but just noticed there was a LE search on 3/9 at Point Moille, a "gaming" area. Certainly made me think of the Niswender thread....

A search for the Bruck case? Do you have a link? I don't recall that, either. :thinking:

It's that sneaky little frontage road that whips off of the main road from Flat rock that draws me in. Has so many elements for sneakiness, concealment, and quick departure. Those three marshy bodies of water along the frontage road are interesting.

Anyone know what that big plant just before will Carleton road is? I see tons of cars parked there. When I look at this aerial map and think like the Perp, there are so many squirrelly areas to get backed in to. This direction I suggest seems like an easy and quick out. Again, just thinking aloud.

What's a "frontage" road? I'm not familiar with the term. You're earlier description zoomed me in on the general area pretty clearly, but I still couldn't id the frontage road. (And I am insufficiently poetic to recognize a whipping, sneaky little road when I see one.) Give me a little more, if you would, and I'll try tracing it on the map to see if I'm following you.

You manage to make this all very engaging. Thank you!

A search for the Bruck case? Do you have a link? I don't recall that, either. :thinking:

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/03...ed-near-area-when-chelsea-bruck-went-missing/

It was said they didn't search off a specific tip, but yet it was one of the first nice days after giving the snow time to melt..

The "plant" at 275 and Will Carleton? It is a car auction site, http://www.manheim.com, so the lot is just full of cars. There is also a gas station/truck stop area which is usually pretty busy. The rest of the road east into Flat Rock has a lot of fields and wooded areas, with houses and subdivisions thrown in.

Yes, I do recall this and it was around the time Julia N's Stepfather was arrested and I know a few of us were trying to link the arrest to the search, but found absolutely nothing.

So strange that these 2 girls knew each other and the families plagued with tragedy.

On a side note, someone in the Help Find Chelsea Bruck facebook group has offered to organize a 5k run. She posted looking for people who would be interested and is now looking for sponsors and working with a local group to get it set up.

I went through this "single and out" convo long ago on the Terrilynn Monette case- my very first post ever! I feel the need to talk about it again. I am and always was a very very responsible girl. I went to college on a full scholarship. I was also part of the single social scene for a long time. Things that are "normal" to us seem shocking to those who aren't in it. We drink and downplay it cause others act like its a big deal but its not. We often end up staying without our friends because you want to stay and they want to go--- and maybe we were talking to a cute boy! I guess I just want to mention it because sometimes, trying to explain away things to deny alcohol was involved makes it feel like something is wrong with going to see a band and having some drinks. Its OK and its a high possibility. We also meet lots of people and sometimes feel comfortable getting a ride home with one we just met. 99.9% of the time, its safe. My guess is she left willingly with that .1%. Thankfully, all of mine were the 99.9%. I'm not saying this is her reality, I just wanted to give the perspective of someone who lived and enjoyed that life for a long time!

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2013/mar/27/authorities-body-man-found-se-mich-ditch/

Not really related, but I found it interesting that a male body was found near I-275 and Will Carleton Rd., and a woman's body was found not far from there earlier along Newburg Rd.

Roses, can you be more specific about the "Plant" you are looking to name? Is it near I-275? There are a lot of industrial businesses on the map, the large parking lot I think you see is unknown, but I am working on it.

What's a "frontage" road? I'm not familiar with the term. You're earlier description zoomed me in on the general area pretty clearly, but I still couldn't id the frontage road. (And I am insufficiently poetic to recognize a whipping, sneaky little road when I see one.) Give me a little more, if you would, and I'll try tracing it on the map to see if I'm following you.

You manage to make this all very engaging. Thank you!

Drill down on your map and go in to street view. Look at Carleton Rockwood road coming from the Flatrock direction towards 275. Just before 275, their is a fork, a little small road that runs parallel to 275 heading up towards the auto auction plant. There are bodies of water along side this "frontage" road, and lots of marshy area. Drill down and check it out. I keep honing in on the area that is directly across from the Golf course - across 275. Sneaky road, concealment, quick exit.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2013/mar/27/authorities-body-man-found-se-mich-ditch/

Not really related, but I found it interesting that a male body was found near I-275 and Will Carleton Rd., and a woman's body was found not far from there earlier along Newburg Rd.

Roses, can you be more specific about the "Plant" you are looking to name? Is it near I-275? There are a lot of industrial businesses on the map, the large parking lot I think you see is unknown, but I am working on it.

It is a car auction center and lot. I posted that above with a link. If it is the area right off 275 and Will Car. they are referring to.

Thanks Monster. Now I know what all the cars are at the auto auction place.

Now let's think about this place a bit more. I'm assuming they have a repair shop and car *detailing*, right?
Would certainly be an easy place to clean up a car, or even change out the upholstery if needed?

Yes, I do recall this and it was around the time Julia N's Stepfather was arrested and I know a few of us were trying to link the arrest to the search, but found absolutely nothing.

So strange that these 2 girls knew each other and the families plagued with tragedy.

Oh lordy be, but I had my cases mixed up and was thinking the Pt. Mouilee search was connected to Julia. Duhhhh.... sorry, and thanks!

In regards to the post about the bodies found, I remember that, as the male body found was known by some friends. What caught my eye was this article I found by searching to see if they ever found out what happened to him:

Meantime, Michigan State Police are becoming more concerned that an area along the Wayne-Monroe county border has become a dumping ground for dead bodies....

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/04/01/body-found-in-ditch-identified-as-wayne-county-man/

Yes, that search was because snow was melted and vegetation at its lowest point before new growth in spring. News reports stated that LE had searched that area before but wanted to double-check it after winter.

Oh lordy be, but I had my cases mixed up and was thinking the Pt. Mouilee search was connected to Julia. Duhhhh.... sorry, and thanks!

Well, you may end up being right on that point Spellbound. Pure speculation only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ctrls