GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The multiple stab wounds and their placement are exactly the details that point to Steven doing it himself and no one else. Sadly, that kind of intensity and rage against the mother and baby would only come from someone very invested emotionally. A hitman just executes.

The only others who would do that sort of attack on a stranger are having psychotic breaks where voices tell them what to do or serial killers who are acting out on substitutes for maternal figures in their life. There is no evidence that Charli encountered a serial killer or a crazy person that night. She went to see the father of her unborn child and he murdered her.

I saw this on a different thread. Awareness Space. Evidence so far is in SC's awareness space.
Excellent read. The Haiku to Nahiku corridor seems to be well in Steven's awareness space, including Peahi Road. Honomanu Bay is the first real access to the ocean for fishing, surfing, and hunting on the Hana Highway after The Haiku area, no? No doubt he has been there many times over his whole life.

I've been saying the layman's version of "awareness space" over and over. I just didn't have a fancy name for it. lol
Remember, SC took a $1500 (I think that was the amount) cash advance. That's a lot of money for a young druggie friend. The past few days I keep circling back now, since I said it the other day, did he have someone get rid of the of evidence and maybe Nala and that person did a bad job?

I've been saying the layman's version of "awareness space" over and over. I just didn't have a fancy name for it. lol
Remember, SC took a $1500 (I think that was the amount) cash advance. That's a lot of money for a young druggie friend. The past few days I keep circling back now, since I said it the other day, did he have someone get rid of the of evidence and maybe Nala and that person did a bad job?
Indeed you have been focused on that all along. :)
Where do we have the cash advance info again?
$1500 doesn't go too far in Hawai'i, but the timing is very suspicious. Can't rule out other needs, like he seemed to be depending on borrowed truck, needed money to change that?
I don't know about the paid help. I would think if he had help, he either had someone so close and invested that he could trust in the discretion. That's just not something you pay someone to do for you unless they do murder for hire for a living. It's too evil and it's too serious a penalty for a small amount of money.
You may be right, but am having hard time envisioning it.
In some circles of friends there will be one who is just scary sociopath and they will do anything, and you can tell they would like to hurt people or animals. Is there one like that close to Steven? He seems like the worst one of his crowd, but I don't know that much about them.

People frequent their same places on the island. Where your house is, where your work is, where your beach is, where you buy food, where you go out. You can live in Haiku, not go to Lahaina ever and reverse. You can live in Kula 20 years and not been to Hana in 18 or 10.

SC knows Haiku, Pe'ahi, Keanae (where evidence was). Charli lived and worked in Makawao. I know how close that is but think difference it is her awareness space and his is Haiku Pe'ahi instead.

LE, prosecutor, should dig into how he is familiar in Keanae and Honomanu. For body did his awareness space extend to Hana was he there a lot? Is there a place there or people there that make it ""the outer edges along the space's transportation coridor" or is that what Honomanu and Nahiku are to him? Where would he hide bodies and feel in control?
Yeah, I could see Hana being a bit out of range. There is a whole other community there inhabiting that space. The territory to Keanae is not quite no man's land, but it isn't inhabited in the same sense.

Does anyone know why Charli's family went looking for a wreck of her car out Hana Highway on the first day? They had not talked to Steven yet.

Yeah, I could see Hana being a bit out of range. There is a whole other community there inhabiting that space. The territory to Keanae is not quite no man's land, but it isn't inhabited in the same sense.

Does anyone know why Charli's family went looking for a wreck of her car out Hana Highway on the first day? They had not talked to Steven yet.

What day was Nala found? Monday?
If memory serves me, the $1,500 was an advance/loan from Mana Foods(?) supposedly to buy new tires, but according to Nikki Lisette his tires were worn, not replaced. Speculation was SC's gf was due to return to Maui on the 21st Feb.(?) and that he may have paid for her flight with that $$. Other speculation was that the $$ was to go towards the vehicle he was in the process of buying. Didn't the seller take it back after Charli disappeared?

There's a huge party scene out Hana way you just gotta know where to go. It's certainly not out of range for anyone living on the eastside of the island. This includes upcountry Kula and Makawao. Makawao is considered to be closer than Kahului when coming from Haiku.

Hana Hwy starts down in Kahului. It's the main vein without going upcountry so likely they were looking up and down the highway for an area where she might have gone off the road. Like Hookipa or around Mama's Fish House or Maliko Gulch.

There's a huge party scene out Hana way you just gotta know where to go. It's certainly not out of range for anyone living on the eastside of the island. This includes upcountry Kula and Makawao. Makawao is considered to be closer than Kahului when coming from Haiku.

Specifically "party scene" in Keanae at the Y.

Good question. I think they looked for where her SUV could gone off the road just because her SUV was gone too.

Right, because the last thing you're thinking was she was murdered.

PUA,
I think the reason Charli's family went looking for her along Hana Hwy was because Nala was found the morning of the 10th at Nahiku market.

I wonder if they have verified what the cash advance from his job was used for? I would think that would be more than his weekly salary working at a food store, and a decent amount of money for him. Supposedly, it was for new tires but that didn't happen. Did they confirm he bought the GF plane ticket? They didn't seem that serious for him to pay the expensive plane ticket and it seemed she was planning on coming back anyway on her own accord.

Thanks for info on party scene along Hana Highway.
I do know where it starts and have driven the road. I thought they were searching farther east. I need to find the video to check that. Yes, I know they were searching for a wreck. I just wondered why they thought she might be out that way, but maybe it was just the closer in spots as you say.

Although Nala was found on Monday, word did not get out to anyone until Tuesday.
I may be wrong that they searched that direction on Monday. I will check what I have.

$1500 is indeed a large advance from a retail store to an employee, although I guess he had worked there a long time? I read that's where he and Charli met, about five years ago?
The only reason I can think of why an employer would do that for him would be his lack of transportation to work. Which of course does not mean he spent it properly. But he was back working at Mana when he got out in bail after the burglary arrest, after the case was reclassified too. They must be very tolerant of him. If he had screwed them over on that money one would think he would have been let go.

I was wrong I guess about the searching. I can only find video posted Tue afternoon, not on Monday. At that point they had spoken to Steven and were focusing on the 20mm near Keanae.

Of interest to me - at that time the story they had from SC was his truck needed to be pulled out of a ditch, not that it had broken down. And he had not pinned down a location where he stopped seeing her lights - which is why they were looking that far out.

I wonder if he came up with the Twin Falls for his press interview to try and move the search focus farther from Honomanu.

$1500 for four tires is ridiculous. Are tires that much more expensive than on the mainland?

Is he even capable of telling the truth?

$1500 is not too much if they are wide and tough mud tires for a 4WD truck. Less for a street driven only truck. I think my last standard tires not for a truck were at least $200 apiece ($800 set) with the alignment, balancing, etc..

Yes things are a lot more expensive here. $1500 doesn't go far.

But you can buy used tires on Craigslist too ..
its so variable. But apparently his employer bought it.

I don't know the information about the loan and tires has been verified. I was relying on my memory (questionable ) and there was sooo much going on in the early stages of this case...so many local people chiming in with "information" derived from FB, Instagram, other friends, workmates, gossip, etc. Plus soooo much was posted on WS and then deleted by the mods. Take it with a grain of salt, because I sure can't link it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173