DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is little evidence publicly to this case. but what we do know eliminates murder/suicide.

I normally don't reply to the more "outlandish" theories. I come from the camp of "the simplest solution is most often the right one" Isn't that Occam's Razor or something???

But you know what???????????? As soon as I read that, bells started ringing in my head
!

This is such a strange, convoluted, far-fetched...but very real...crime. Like I said in another post...a movie script type crime!

That is truly eerie...and could very well be true! I mean, as crazy as this whole thing is, it would make perfect sense!

The police haven't said if they were deceased before the fire starting have they? Only that three had stab and blunt force trauma wounds? And that the fire started in the boys room? No mention of them still being tied up when firefighter discovered them either? I wonder when/ if they will release the autopsy reports? I still don't like that the fourth person was killed in a different way. Why ?

Poor people take the car most of the time. So the home invasion was sponsored by someone who knew this guy needed the money and would do it. Jmo.

But he was being coached along the way (via phone or texts) once it was realized that this wouldn't be a in and out job. Jmo

The police haven't said if they were deceased before the fire starting have they? Only that three had stab and blunt force trauma wounds? And that the fire started in the boys room? No mention of them still being tied up when firefighter discovered them either? I wonder when/ if they will release the autopsy reports? I still don't like that the fourth person was killed in a different way. Why ?

I haven't read that.

The only thing I have heard is that the fire started in the boy's room. Which is why MyBelle's theory set off alarm bells for me.

But like you said, there are still more details that need to be known for this story to make sense.

ETA - Oh yeah...reports said that the neighbor saw First Responders doing CPR on one of the women, most likely Amy (though I am not sure what lead to that conclusion).

The 3 adults had stab wounds... and the boy was badly burned.
(Makes sense, the fire started in his room and he was said to be in a different room from the adults, he was probably in his room.)
I get the impression he was too badly burned to visually determine his injuries.
While the 3 adults were not burned or not burned too badly so blood was visible. :twocents:

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/...e-murdered-in-d-c-mansion-stabbed-son-burned/

It was reported that at least one body had the odor of gasoline. I am afraid it was little Philip and he was the one that didn't have blunt/sharp force trauma. I just hope he had already passed before the fire was set.

It was reported that at least one body had the odor of gasoline. I am afraid it was little Philip and he was the one that didn't have blunt/sharp force trauma. I just hope he had already passed before the fire was set.
Oh, you're right. Philip was likely the one with the odor of gasoline. Would this mean the perp doused his body with gasoline before setting the fire? I had hoped Philip quickly succumbed to smoke inhalation before the flames reached his body. This gets more and more horrific by the hour. :(

<<snipped>>

Figueroa's step daughter told FOX 5's Paul Wagner that Figueroa's husband came to the Savopoulos' home on the morning of the fire looking for his wife because she had never made it home. No one answered the door. He left and then received a phone call from Savvas Savopoulos saying his wife, Amy, and Veralicia Figueroa had gone to the hospital.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29108580/investigation-continues-nw-dc-murders

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Vera's husband did no more to try to contact his wife after he heard from Savvas because he had already been unsuccessful at reaching her on her cell phone and he believed her to be at a hospital with Amy. Savvas may not have mentioned the name of a hospital and there are several hospitals in the area. As a matter of fact, I'm sure Savvas wouldn't have sent him on a wild goose chase.

After he was assured his wife was okay, the husband probably decided it best to go home and wait to hear from Vera. Poor man. He must be devastated, as must be all of Figueroa's family and the Savopoulos family.

Pictures of Veralicia Figueroa

http://translate.google.com/transla...a-planes-de-regresar-junto-a-sus-hijos&anno=2

&#8220;La policía le pidió a su esposo que fuera a reconocer el cuerpo. Pero solo le enseñaron unas fotos con la cara de mi mamá y ahí fue que la reconoció.

Translation

The police asked her husband to identify her body. But they only showed him photos of my mother's face and that's how he identified her.

<<snipped>>

Figueroa's step daughter told FOX 5's Paul Wagner that Figueroa's husband came to the Savopoulos' home on the morning of the fire looking for his wife because she had never made it home. No one answered the door. He left and then received a phone call from Savvas Savopoulos saying his wife, Amy, and Veralicia Figueroa had gone to the hospital.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Vera's husband did no more to try to contact his wife after he heard from Savvas because he had already been unsuccessful at reaching her on her cell phone and he believed her to be at a hospital with Amy. Savvas may not have mentioned the name of a hospital and there are several hospitals in the area. As a matter of fact, I'm sure Savvas wouldn't have sent him on a wild goose chase.

After he was assured his wife was okay, the husband probably decided it best to go home and wait to hear from Vera. Poor man. He must be devastated, as must be all of Figueroa's family and the Savopoulos family.

Poor little Phillip was separated from the adults (from this article). I have a feeling that the reason SS said they were, I forget SS's exact wording in the VM, having some issues with Phillip is because he was tied up upstairs and he was screaming so dad had to come up with a reason to cover why Phillip was upset. I am so angry typing this right now because this is one of the most horrible cases I have heard. These monsters better be caught soon!!

The 3 adults had stab wounds... and the boy was badly burned.
(Makes sense, the fire started in his room and he was said to be in a different room from the adults, he was probably in his room.)
I get the impression he was too badly burned to visually determine his injuries.
While the 3 adults were not burned or not burned too badly so blood was visible. :twocents:

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/...e-murdered-in-d-c-mansion-stabbed-son-burned/

Man...I should have just gone to bed. I was feeling - not hopeful cause that is just stupid, but something - thinking that little Phillip might have started the fire to get help to the house. Thinking he might have tried something so brave to help his family.

But you are right. That makes much more sense. This - like almost all crime - just makes no damn sense! This one is so convoluted, so diabolical...though we still have so few details. I just hope for the families answers are found, and they find peace.

New thread coming up shortly folks. This one will close in about 15 minutes.

Was the other maid crying during her interview? If not then somethings fishy.

You was just with the family and someone supposedly saved your life by telling you not to come to work. Plus you knew them very well.

But since I didn't see the interview; I don't know if she was balling her eyes out or what.

Please keep posting here folks. I'm having some techy issues, and another Mod will get the new thread up and running as soon as possible.

Thanks.

BBM.

I just saw CNN's report from this afternoon. The reporter states that the husband pounded on the door on Thursday looking for his wife, and that after he left SS's home he got a call from SS saying that he forgot to call him to tell him that his wife (the housekeeper) was staying over the previous night and that she was not currently in the house. So it was a phone call from SS, not a shout out from the home. Here is the link: http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/05/19/lead-dnt-brown-new-clues-mansion-murder.cnn

Thank you for the news video link. So this version of events also came from the second housekeepers family. The murdered house keepers husband doesn't seem to be speaking direct to journalists himself so the info is coming second hand. Who knows which version is correct, if any.

http://stcroixsource.com/content/ne...hy-st-croix-landowner-murdered-family-dc-home

Savopoulos has owned land on St. Croix since at least 2003. He is primarily known as an owner and chief executive officer of American Iron Works. On St. Croix, he operated a V.I. subsidiary of American Iron Works called American Management Services that received V.I. EDC tax breaks. As of 2010, AMS was receiving tax breaks, but it is no longer an EDC beneficiary.

Some interesting speculation from a forensics investigator:

Seemed to suggest the boy was a bargaining chip.

That poor young boy. His home, with his parents, the one place he is meant to feel the safest and he has to endure all this. To be separated from the others in another room, cruelty beyond words.

Also from that clip it was stated VF stepdaughter said the below, not NGs family as quoted earlier in another news article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean