DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had to have arrived before 3PM. That was the time the housekeeper was set to leave (according to numerous articles.)

If they got there at 5PM...that hard working lady would still be alive.

I think that's plausible too. It could have been before 3 pm and it took that long for Amy to reach her husband or if she tried to flee at first... it could have taken a while to catch and subdue her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree. I had done that. Just curious...with all conversations on this thread pointing to someone or multiple peeps...can anyone paint a picture or rethink the scenario where husband committed the crime? This scenario has not even been considered...i think because ....as hoped...we are all playing into the someone else had to do this. Think Josh Powell. Am I crazy to think this. Thanks all.
No not crazy. I'm on the fence with this one. At the beginning I was convinced it was SS. I'm still in that camp quite frankly with one foot dangling out. The video of the perp has always bothered me because it is not time stamped. The 17:51 that we see is not from the camera. Some say it is because it was never changed from daylight savings and is actually 16:51 I'm still unconvinced. It could be from noon for all that we know and he could have planted some incendiary device inside to ignite later... Crazy I know but maybe not? Sometimes I think that maybe he paid someone to do him a little favour and that $40 000 was meant to be transferred the other way - to someone else to drive his car away and torch it and something got messed up in the delivery. The car being driven away could suggest someone was trying really hard to make it look like an outsider.
On the other hand it could very well be a horrible home invasion/ robbery/revenge scenario..sooooooo :fence:

i just think the husband did it and many of the things that happened, including car...were all staged to make it look like it wasnt him. Maybe it was murder suicide and he still didnt want peeps to know what he did. We all know sociopaths wear many faces. I also think the husband made the texts from all the cellphones. He worked hard to cover it up...and am guessing he was also the one who wasnt tied up or beaten and he was the one they mention smelled like gasoline. Why couldnt he be the one in sweatshirt with hood? And he turned off or covered cameras on security system. my gut instinct only.

Wasn't that surveillance video taken after the fire started, and their bodies were found inside? Pretty sure that is the case.

There is just no way your scenario works.

ETA - sorry. I should have refreshed first. LOL!!

No not crazy. I'm on the fence with this one. At the beginning I was convinced it was SS. I'm still in that camp quite frankly with one foot dangling out. The video of the perp has always bothered me because it is not time stamped. The 17:51 that we see is not from the camera. Some say it is because it was never changed from daylight savings and is actually 16:51 I'm still unconvinced. It could be from noon for all that we know and he could have planted some incendiary device inside to ignite later... Crazy I know but maybe not? Sometimes I think that maybe he paid someone to do him a little favour and that $40 000 was meant to be transferred the other way - to someone else to drive his car away and torch it and something got messed up in the delivery. The car being driven away could suggest someone was trying really hard to make it look like an outsider.
On the other hand it could very well be a horrible home invasion/ robbery/revenge scenario..sooooooo :fence:

I believe I read the police classified all 4 deaths as homicides.....so I will rule out murder/suicide In my own opinion anyways.

I guess we cant eliminate that dad (or maybe even mom) hired someone to rob the place for insurance money or something, and things went south.....or got doublecrossed.

The living maid says her and the father went to the studio and was suppose to stay until 7. But since the wife was ill; He had to cut things short.

Plus she was told later not to come by because mom was sick. Plus it was unusual for the other maid to spend the night.

So either someone really didn't want her involved. Or she knows the someone.

Her whole routine was out of place the whole step of the way. And she makes it sound like dad was not himself in the time leading up to this.

Idk. Maybe it wasn't suppose to happen the way it did and tracks are being covered. Jmo

for which victims?

The families life insurance policy could reason if someones boyfriend decided to make his girlfriend rich.

Scorned lover for either spouse who couldn't leave witnesses.

Or a set up robbery which went wrong and whoever was there became victims.

But why tell the maid not to come by if you are being assaulted. So someone knew of the 2nd maid.

So this is someone familiar with things. Jmo

Inside job if you ask me.

Not to be too graphic, but a knife to his son's throat would compel the father to follow direct orders and not try anything "funny".

Exactly. And they were probably 'promised' that they would not be harmed as long as there was no 'funny business/'

I just want to say...because I have seen them mentioned so little here...

There are 2 young women who are going through sheer Hell right now! And they could use a prayer or positive thought sent their way.

They have just experienced something that is so unbearably tragic...they are going to need every kind word and action they can get!!!

The maid tries to make it seem like dad was acting strange. But dad is dead and can't answer questions.

I think someone wanted us to believe certain things. But a suicidal dad wouldn't have killed one maid and not the other. Jmo. He would have sent her home. And then did what he wanted to do.

Jmo

Thank you .. so it was cash $40k supposedly for a piece or art and the money from his firm :( Another freaking 'what if' .. I wonder if the perp already knew he was an art collector or if he simply asked SS to get a hold of a large amount of cash fast and SS used that method.

So sensless and heartbreaking if true.
I pray the suspect(s) are quickly brought to justice. God speed and prayers to their beautiful daughters and extending family and friends as they grieve.

I just do not believe that this man burned his 10 yr old son in a house fire. I see nothing in reports about him to make me accept that about him. He reportedly was very close to his children and extended family/ I see no reason for him to have done such a brutal vicious thing. JMO

Did VF have a car? I didn't see any cars on the street. Did she take public transportation or was someone to pick her up at 3 pm?

I just do not believe that this man burned his 10 yr old son in a house fire. I see nothing in reports about him to make me accept that about him. He reportedly was very close to his children and extended family/ I see no reason for him to have done such a brutal vicious thing. JMO

Agree. They usually want their living family to have the house. So they rarely burn down the house. The fire is a cover up. Pure and simple. And since dad is no longer here; then we know it wasn't him. Jmo

On the other hand, perhaps the son set the fire in the hope it would bring help to the house....

Murder/ Suicides are brutally vicious and often unexpected. Having said that I'm not convinced either way and it's just one if the things I'm rolling around in my head.

Here's a thought didn't NG say that she was already at another job in Reston when she received the Thursday morning text? And didn't the "assistant" drop off something on the doorstop and continue on to Chantilly where they spent the rest of the day? Google the distance between Reston and Chantilly. They are super super close

On the other hand, perhaps the son set the fire in the hope it would bring help to the house....

I normally don't reply to the more "outlandish" theories. I come from the camp of "the simplest solution is most often the right one" Isn't that Occam's Razor or something???

But you know what???????????? As soon as I read that, bells started ringing in my head!

This is such a strange, convoluted, far-fetched...but very real...crime. Like I said in another post...a movie script type crime!

That is truly eerie...and could very well be true! I mean, as crazy as this whole thing is, it would make perfect sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark