DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the two dogs? Wouldn't they have been barking?
What if, Wint saw Amy taking the dogs for a walk, and used that as an opportunity to break in, not realizing anyone else was home. When he realized the housekeeper was there, he subdued her, possibly subdued Phillip, and got Amy when she returned?

I will let others sort that phone number thing out.

All I can say is, I hope the daughters have changed their numbers before these warrants were released.

In the meantime, I found this interesting from the Washington Post earlier today.

The next day, (May 14th) police said, Wallace texted and called several people, including a woman, to whom he sent a photo of the red bag and money at 9 a.m. “Daaaamn,” the woman responded. “I wonder how much it is?” Wallace responded, “40,” to which the woman texted back, “Jesus.”

At 10:26 a.m., the police records show, Wallace texted Savopoulos: “Package delivered.”

Wallace then drove to Virginia to work on one of his bosses’ projects, a martial arts studio. The fire was discovered about 1:15 p.m., and police say Wallace was in Chantilly at the time. He learned about the fire from someone at American Iron Works, and he texted Amy and Savvas Savopoulos several times as he drove to their home.

“Hey ms Amy are you ok, if so you need to get home I got a call that your house is on fire,” police records say he wrote.

By that time, police said, the family was already dead.""​

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1c5d44e_story.html?postshare=5361433357837407

He learns it from an employee and then takes it upon himself to text Ms. Amy about HER house being on fire? The story just keeps getting more bizarre.....

JMO

What if, Wint saw Amy taking the dogs for a walk, and used that as an opportunity to break in, not realizing anyone else was home. When he realized the housekeeper was there, he subdued her, possibly subdued Phillip, and got Amy when she returned?

Oh I think he came prepared. Where did duct tape came from?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This case breaks my heart.
I'm pretty sure that it breaks all of the law enforcements collective hearts as well.

I pray that anyone, and everyone, who was involved in this, is brought to justice.
I send my prayers to all, affected by this horrible crime.

verb (used with object), mutilated, mutilating.1.to injure, disfigure, or make imperfect by removing or irreparablydamaging parts:Vandals mutilated the painting.

2.to deprive (a person or animal) of a limb or other essential part.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mutilate

What time did he leave the bank in Hyattsville?
Don't know but, the article also says:

"But he later told police, according to court documents, that his boss contacted him the night before, on May 13, and instructed him to collect the money. He never saw the bank transaction and said the accountant handed him the $40,000 in four bundles in a red bag. He said he later put the money into the envelope and that the red car was unlocked when he put it inside.

Police will not say why Wallace had two versions of his account. Text messages found by police and obtained by The Washington Post show that Wallace sent a text to Savopoulos at 8:30 p.m. May 13: “Got your message, I’ll call you once I get the package.”"​

Lost a little faith tonight; hanging by a thread after today

No, not revenge on behalf of "Islanders" but rather revenge for himself. DDW was fired from AIW for reasons we have not been made aware. Wage dispute, who knows? He was arrested in 2010 outside the AIW business with a machete and a BB gun. The fact that the NORTH American Iron Works employees were reimbursed, some in large amounts, in the days around the time of the murder leads me to think there is a relationship between the two. One event, the reimbursement precipitated the other, the home invasion/murders.
DDW is a really emotionally unhealthy man so it is difficult to rationalize his behaviors.
I just think these two events so close to each other are more than coincidence

(BTW, Guyana is on the eastern coast of the South American continent and is not an island)

BBM. Islander is the description the attorney Ficker, used the other day when he was discussing the case.

What is bizarre about it? He thought they were out and wanted to warn them their house was on fire.

I said I find it bizarre. He had been to their home that morning and had absolutely no reason to presume Amy was not at home. He wasn't her driver or her employee.

JMO

But what strikes me about the WAPO article, if accurate, is that JW was concerned about letting SS know he had delivered the package, and he was calling the house while in his car, yet never returned the 11:54 a.m. call from SS's cell to his--or did he? No mention of that here and iirc (according to news) he did not get that call because of lack of connectivity while at Lowe's. Yet by 1:15, as per this report, he had use of his cell to phone house, but did not check his msgs.? Maybe no details on that. subject. Any one here recall mention of the 11:54 call, the last one made from SS cell as I remember? I know we have discussed it before, but with this item in WAPO, I am once again wondering.

I said I find it bizarre. He had been to their home that morning and had absolutely no reason to presume Amy was not at home. He wasn't her driver or her employee.

JMO

He wasn't in their home. He was asked to drop money in the garage without seeing any of them.

The garage.

I am not sold on that. I think he had to have been a least a little more prepared than that. I just have to think that way...because if he was able to keep all of them subdued while he went to the garage to get duct tape...then that means in my mind, he could not have been by himself. Unless he had them all knocked out. Which again, I really don't want to have to wrap my head around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea