DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
This discussion would be far more productive and streamlined if we only focused on the facts that we actually know and not go off on insane tangents about things we have zero information about (types of bag, an alarm system whose manufacturer & model we don't know and so much other stuff). There's a ton that can be learned by simply sticking to the on the record facts.

Lol.... We can't help ourselves. It's the scorpion and the frog......we can't help ourselves. Look, we are all here because we share a common interest and that makes for a good discussion. We are all passionate about different theories, etc. it's all interesting and while we are not all going to agree on theories or opinions of others.....its a wonderful forum to put your theories out and engage. it's a beautiful thing! I truly enjoy this forum and I appreciate the perspectives everyone has to offer.

Sorry I've forgotten post # & user name asking for pic of S home's French doors.

Link w pix of front of home: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-CEO-s-assistant-delivered-ransom-money.html June 3.

Scroll down to pix, showing (to left of front door), a pair of French doors apparently without exterior knob. Could this be Fr door w bootprint, shown in B & W, w exterior knob, but no key slot in knob? IDK.
Also, as someone said, in B&W pix, door seems to have big stile(?) at knob level, not like doors shown in ^pix.
Does home have more Fr doors under striped awning on left side of same pix?

When I find pix of back of house, I'll look more closely & post pix.
JM2cts, could be all wrong.

I don't find the crying as suspicious as the waiting until the next day to call crying. Something about the time lag is off IMO. I can see him calling, crying, immediately, when he can't reach SS. But the next day? When according to WaPo he went to the house when hearing about the fire?

Well, if he were innocent, he'd probably be crying on both days. If he was guilty, he'd be crying after he realized the police were on to his lies.

A reader at "Daily Mail Online" posted regarding the release of information from the SW's that now every one would be burning her timberland boots and flushing cell phones down the toilet.
Is there some strategy in leaking this information? Is it now standard that LE does not keep a lid on specific items listed in warrants? Could the warrants have been already executed?
It seems to me, on the one hand, that all the publicity could flush out accomplices and on the other, hinder investigation.
And such contradiction in the stories based on what police supposedly are saying--first, no break in. Now, a break in. First, DW had accomplices; the crime required other persons. Then, he was solo in the house when murders committed.
I am getting worried about this investigation becoming compromised.

JW is being called a witness by LE and as such I don't think we should be name calling him... or anyone for that matter. jmo

Sorry. How about "the guy who lied about how he delivered the ransom money". It's more words but equally as accurate without it coming a cross as a "name".

This is the first case I've followed on this site. I lived in the neighborhood, and along with the Georgetown Starbucks murders, this is one of the most improbable events I could ever imagine happening in upper northwest Washington. I don't think people grasp what the area is like.

This is a neighborhood where it is very easy to tell who belongs and who does not. I lived in a condo on one of the avenues, and can tell you that aside from the people going to and from the National Zoo, there simply are not people who present themselves like Mr. Wint wandering around. Not even with construction happening would he have been able to fit in inconspicuously on any side street.

This article mocks us, and is a bit out of date, but is telling about the denizens of the areas from upper Georgetown to Friendship Heights along Wisconsin Ave., and Woodley up to Chevy Chase Circle on Connecticut. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/30/cleveland-park-listserv_n_3186047.html

I think it's important for people to get a sense of how keyed in people are, even on a week day, mid-day.

Someone else has addressed on street parking, the open garage, and their cars. To add what's been said, in the mindset of those in the neighborhood, the cars in the open garage are totally normal, and there is nothing careless about it, even with the garage so close to the street. It's a neighborhood with lots of nice cars. My husband and I didn't even have off-street parking, and our late-model e-class Mercedes was always parallel parked someplace within a couple of blocks from us on a side street. It's that kind of neighborhood.

So, my point is that if indeed there was on the ground intelligence gathering in preparation for these crimes, it quite likely was not carried out by Daron Wint, at least not unnoticed.

I keep trying to sort out why people seem almost desperate to rule Jordan Wallace out as a co-conspirator to the crimes at any level. All I can come up with is possibly that it's because believing that evil came and kicked in your door is so much easier to rationalize than believing one could be duped into handing evil the keys and inviting it in.

Mr. Wallace's social media posts are quite a stretch, statements that he is a pro "race car" driver being solicited opinions by the owner of a super car, and others posts with hashtags "I'm kind of a big deal" and "you can't afford me" cause me concern. A one-time, part-time employee of a go-kart track, working as a valet (and by this I mean man servant, in the traditional sense, picking up dry cleaning, driving and caring for his boss' cars, along with other duties as assigned), well, to me there appears to be an alarming disconnect in the way he presented himself, with the realities of his situation.

Mr. Wint at least had qualifications in a trade. Mr. Wallace's one ace in the hole is that he seems to be charismatic. Given this situation, that isn't exactly exculpatory.

I do not believe that there has been any suggestion that Mr. Wallace has a criminal history or that he has been prone toward violence. But those things don't disallow that he is involved in some way.

Trying to sort through this soul crushing mess is an ordeal for me. I said to my husband that I was having a hard time processing this, and so I was glad not to have known Amy from the neighborhood. And then I thought about how all accounts of her are splendid, and I do wish I'd known such a lovely woman, even if it meant I'd have lost her tragically.

I hope that the surviving family members will feel whole again. I am so sad for them all.

Sorry I've forgotten post # & user name asking for pic of S home's French doors.

Link w pix of front of home: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-CEO-s-assistant-delivered-ransom-money.html June 3.

Scroll down to pix, showing (to left of front door), a pair of French doors apparently without exterior knob. Could this be Fr door w bootprint, shown in B & W, w exterior knob, but no key slot in knob? IDK.
Also, as someone said, in B&W pix, door seems to have big stile(?) at knob level, not like doors shown in ^pix.
Does home have more Fr doors under striped awning on left side of same pix?

When I find pix of back of house, I'll look more closely & post pix.
JM2cts, could be all wrong.

The house also has French doors on the side of the garage but they also don't have knobs. I don't think any of those are the ones kicked in. I think it was Popsicle that posted a picture of a boarded up area on the other side of the house, where the reported he believed it was the door. But here's Bing's picture of the side and it just looks like windows to me. I think it might be in the back or under the canopy.

Praying it works
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=38...6~p~1.2~cz~0.99~pid~5082&app=5082&FORM=LMLTCC

This is the first case I've followed on this site. I lived in the neighborhood, and along with the Georgetown Starbucks murders and the Elian Gonzalas take down, this is one of the most improbable events I could ever imagine happening in upper northwest Washington. I don't think people grasp what the area is like.

This is a neighborhood where it is very easy to tell who belongs and who does not. I lived in a condo on one of the avenues, and can tell you that aside from the people going to and from the National Zoo, there simply are not people who present themselves like Mr. Wint wandering around. Not even with construction happening would he have been able to fit in inconspicuously on any side street.

This article mocks us, and is a bit out of date, but is telling about the denizens of the areas from upper Georgetown to Friendship Heights along Wisconsin Ave., and Woodley up to Chevy Chase Circle on Connecticut. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/30/cleveland-park-listserv_n_3186047.html

I think it's important for people to get a sense of how keyed in people are, even on a week day, mid-day.

Someone else has addressed on street parking, the open garage, and their cars. To add what's been said, in the mindset of those in the neighborhood, the cars in the open garage are totally normal, and there is nothing careless about it, even with the garage so close to the street. It's a neighborhood with lots of nice cars. My husband and I didn't even have off-street parking, and our late-model e-class Mercedes was always parallel parked someplace within a couple of blocks from us on a side street. It's that kind of neighborhood.

So, my point is that if indeed there was on the ground intelligence gathering in preparation for these crimes, it quite likely was not carried out by Daron Wint, at least not unnoticed.

I keep trying to sort out why people seem almost desperate to rule Jordan Wallace out as a co-conspirator to the crimes at any level. All I can come up with is possibly that it's because believing that evil came and kicked in your door is so much easier to rationalize than believing one could be duped into handing evil the keys and inviting it in.

Mr. Wallace's social media posts are quite a stretch, statements that he is a pro "race car" driver being solicited opinions by the owner of a super car, and others posts with hashtags "I'm kind of a big deal" and "you can't afford me" cause me concern. A one-time, part-time employee of a go-kart track, working as a valet (and by this I mean man servant, in the traditional sense, picking up dry cleaning, driving and caring for his boss' cars, along with other duties as assigned), well, to me there appears to be an alarming disconnect in the way he presented himself, with the realities of his situation.

Mr. Wint at least had qualifications in a trade. Mr. Wallace's one ace in the hole is that he seems to be charismatic. Given this situation, that isn't exactly exculpatory.

I do not believe that there has been any suggestion that Mr. Wallace has a criminal history or that he has been prone toward violence. But those things don't disallow that he is involved in some way.

Trying to sort through this soul crushing mess is an ordeal for me. I said to my husband that I was having a hard time processing this, and so I was glad not to have known Amy from the neighborhood. And then I thought about how all accounts of her are splendid, and I do wish I'd known such a lovely woman, even if it meant I'd have lost her tragically.

I hope that the surviving family members will feel whole again. I am so sad for them all.

Welcome AmazonianAbroad! :welcome:

Great post! :goodpost:

Thank's for posting your observations regarding the kind of neighborhood the S family lived in, and how DW would have not gone unnoticed. I'm one who thinks JW was involved in this, and can't get past his lies about crucial details such as his involvement in how he handled the ransom money, and whether the car was locked or unlocked. I'm of the opinion that LE wants the media to turn the heat up on JW, and if that's true, that in itself is very telling to me. Do you have any theories on what happened?

This case is very disturbing, with what was done to the S family and VF, and especially PS, over such an extended period of time is impossible to fathom. It is very hard to process what details have been released so far, and how DW could inflict such depraved brutality over 19+ hours or more against this family and their housekeeper is something I cannot comprehend.

I hope the families, friends and loved ones can somehow get through this and find peace some day. I too am sad for them all, and have been praying for them.

So why does the photo only have $20K in it? Why would they be so specific as to say it appeared to be $20K? If it was a red bank bag, hard to imagine you would only see $20K - where would the other $20K hide?

I think you are right and that only $20k was in the pic. ((Heck, that's what the court doc said.) I just think he answered $40k to his gf because he was trying to impress her and that is indeed that's how much money was THERE...in the car! She wouldn't have known she was looking only at $20k. She did indeed sound impressed!

Well, wasn't he told to go and meet the AIW accountant at the BofA? I'd assume he knew it was going to be money at that time. And since he often did errands for his boss, wouldn't he have a money bag to keep track of cash and receipts from his daily errands?

If he knew he was going to the bank based on the call on Thurs (I couldn't remember where he finally ended up on that story--I thought it was still that he was saying he didn't know what was in the package until the AIW employee told him) then it would make sense to bring a money bag to pick up a package. Maybe he made financial transactions all the time for his boss and needed to own a money bag and bring it around. I'm sure LE has all that figured out.

Contrived is a good word for it. I don't know - I think if I thought I could be breaking the news to someone that their house was on fire, I probably wouldn't be so nonchalant about it.

It sounds like someone trying to clearly establish that they heard that the house was on fire and wanted it to be known that he didn't know her whereabouts, hence the "are you ok?"

That's what I thought as well. Weirdly casual. I use text as my communication 99.999999999% of the time, but knowing that people often turn on ringers and not text pings, I wouldn't take my chances in an emergency situation. I'd make a call. Could just be bad judgment again.

I said I find it bizarre. He had been to their home that morning and had absolutely no reason to presume Amy was not at home. He wasn't her driver or her employee.

JMO

Maybe SS told JW that AS was at the hospital as he told other people. SS probably told JW everyone was out, otherwise he would have left the money with them.

If he knew he was going to the bank based on the call on Thurs (I couldn't remember where he finally ended up on that story--I thought it was still that he was saying he didn't know what was in the package until the AIW employee told him) then it would make sense to bring a money bag to pick up a package. Maybe he made financial transactions all the time for his boss and needed to own a money bag and bring it around. I'm sure LE has all that figured out.

Sorry, I've lost the plot a little and missed some posts that I plan to go back to read. Do we know it's a "money bag"? Other than when I was a teenager and worked at the local grocery store (we had a deposit bag from the bank that we would walk to the after-hours deposit box, which was next door)., have I ever seen a bag that was specifically a "money bag". Every time people say money bag, I think of this: http://cliparts.co/money-bag-cartoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500