DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that they could pull into the garage. After the crime, there was an Audi and a Range Rover parked tandem in front of the garage. I thought they might have been looking for SS' DNA, fingerprints, etc. I hadn't thought of DW!

But JW would have access to the car keys to move the cars....

I think JW texted Amy and did NOT call because if he called DW might pick up and he didn't want that to look suspicious but did want to pretend he didn't know Amy was home. This may be why he didn't call SS back. Perhaps he knew he was dead.

The fence is a very reasonable place to sit! I am just anxious because IMO, according to approved outlets, as well as aligning to public record provided by posters on this site, the man who lied about how he delivered ransom money to the murderer of his boss in a quadruple homicide has ended up to be a longtime next door neighbor of the murderer. I think if you asked a stats person to determine the chances of this, it would be less than the chances of being picked up by an alien spacecraft.

To speculate that JW was involved on some level in this crime (whether that means being bullied into it by a gang, was a half-hearted informant who profited, or worse) is not a stretch. To say that he is not, now that is a stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't both "long time" and "next door neighbor" exaggerations?

I think confirming the identities of the victims to the public is different from knowing who they are. They needed to figure out the adult next of kin who could officially identify the victims. I have a hard time believing LE knew who lived in the house but believed someone other than the residents were the victims, especially when they didn't come forward within a few hours. I can see why it would take longer to identify VF, but her husband identified her pretty quickly.

We have gone back and forth on this. Everyone assumes because (1) it did turn out to be SS and (2) it was SS' home and his other family members were there, that everyone knew at the time that the body was SS. But I'm telling you they did not, or at least there was some uncertainty. It was the middle of the day -- would they assume SS was home? -- he was most likely in worker type clothes having been working at the dojo, and I don't know that he was that recognizable.

We are talking about a conversation with JW within a few hours of the fire. Family had most likely not have identified the bodies and, in any event, I remember at the press conference the next day a discussion of means other than family ID. I could be wrong about that. Even if they suspected it was SS, they would not have told JW.

I think JW texted Amy and did NOT call because if he called DW might pick up and he didn't want that to look suspicious but did want to pretend he didn't know Amy was home. This may be why he didn't call SS back. Perhaps he knew he was dead.
He may have tried to call both SS and AS and when the calls were not answered he decided to text Amy because he assumed she was not at the house. This would be consistent with his message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77