DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panic room upper left part of the PLAY ARROW on the screenshot? Looks like a normal door opening into hallway, then thick like a wall shaped door inside.

Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 9.37.40 AM.png

Guys won't bother with designer bags. Heavy metal maybe. I think he would take only cash and credit cards.

Well a Birkin can cost $40K so you'd think they would have grabbed some bags ---better than a bucket imo.

Copper is a hot commodity/easy cash... Tweakers will strip a mobile home or trailer house in a heartbeat of any copper wiring, pipe, etc.

I'd be po'd if somebody stole my copper downspout!!

I would be too, forget the cost, so annoying to have to get it replaced. How did someone walk off with a huge downspout? Why didn't anyone on the street notice some guy yanking it off the house? So bizarre. I guess I should just be happy that it was sans murder and mayhem.

Guys won't bother with designer bags. Heavy metal maybe. I think he would take only cash and credit cards.

They didn't even take all the credit cards, according to the SW return for the house. If Wint's motive was financial, he did a really poor job of extracting the value he could have from the situation.

Poster 1 said:
About the double doors...
I have ..
a secreted steel reinforced closet with a system connected directly to the local police station. A light comes on automatically in the closet when the door is opened. It can be used a tornado shelter. We store bottled water and cracker nabs. It also has a safe in the secreted closet for valuables. Best insurance I could get. It's a wonderful comfort to know it's there if ever needed.
Poster 2 said:
I'd be po'd if somebody stole my copper downspout!!

Just a thought - This is a public forum which any internet user can access. Yup, even prospective thieves. IMO it's probably not a good place to discuss your private possessions.

Here is the question . What do you suppose the TRUCK they were found with was intended for?? stashed stuff. right? LE coulda/woulda/shoulda followed it to its destination.....may have found a warehouse full of designer Birkin Bags, - but more like martial arts stuff, Japanese swords (worth $$), Bling Bling, some Man Cave stuff, but that truck looks more like it was ready to chop shop something somewhere. (we need to find that warehouse - ) that would be key..

Any ideas on the purpose of that large Truck?? haven't kept up w the blog, but SS own any motorcycles or smaller vehicles that PS drove when Kart racing?? You know he would have been the kind of dad who would have purchased something for PS to drive that was his very own... how about boats... an obit it read SS was skilled powerboat enthusiast...

The Bentley is the lone ranger here.... was found somewhere else..we have NO info on it. A particularly valuable one I read here on WS, could have been the one planned for chop. But my curiosity is there would have had to be more vehicles for such a prolific auto enthusiast.. smaller ones off the radar...

Then why did DW wait around for the money from the bank? He'd have been better off with what was in the house - way more than $40K.

Well a Birkin can cost $40K so you'd think they would have grabbed some bags ---better than a bucket imo.
We don't know yet what DW & Co stole from the SS home, but I've always thought and believe it was much more then $40,000. They had 2 safes in the home and I bet a lot of jewelry, expensive watches, etc. I've never been involved with a case before,
but this horrific crime grabbed me, and I want justice for this lovely Family, I know
you all do too.

They didn't even take all the credit cards, according to the SW return for the house. If Wint's motive was financial, he did a really poor job of extracting the value he could have from the situation.

Credit cards would be very dangerous to use once the bodies are discovered and they were going to be discovered very soon because he set a fire..

Then why did DW wait around for the money from the bank? He'd have been better off with what was in the house - way more than $40K.

Maybe not too bright? IDK, everything about this case confuses me.

More interesting info, IMO. There is an Amerit location in Beltsville, MD which is app. 12 miles from Jessup(Autobahn). There is also an Amerit location in Annapolis Junction. It is 2.5 miles from Jessup. The truck was registered in NC but that may be misleading, IMO. Wouldn't necessarily tie a commercial vehicle to operating solely in that state. For those familiar with road layout there, how does that tie in with where convoy was stopped? I also noticed on Indeed. com that many of Amerit's jobs have round-the-clock staffing. And some of the money was found in the truck, wasn't it? I wonder if these local Amerit trucks serviced go-karts at the Autobahn?

Just a thought - This is a public forum which any internet user can access. Yup, even prospective thieves. IMO it's probably not a good place to discuss your private possessions.

DW& company needs Poster 1 address... can you forward to the jail??

I'd like to see SW return of the NYC apartment
You can try searching New York court cases on line. It is not as user-friendly and public access oriented as other states.
You have to register and pay fees for access.

Here is the question . What do you suppose the TRUCK they were found with was intended for?? stashed stuff. right? LE coulda/woulda/shoulda followed it to its destination.....may have found a warehouse full of designer Birkin Bags, - but more like martial arts stuff, Japanese swords (worth $$), Bling Bling, some Man Cave stuff, but that truck looks more like it was ready to chop shop something somewhere. (we need to find that warehouse - ) that would be key..

Any ideas on the purpose of that large Truck?? haven't kept up w the blog, but SS own any motorcycles or smaller vehicles that PS drove when Kart racing?? You know he would have been the kind of dad who would have purchased something for PS to drive that was his very own... how about boats... an obit it read SS was skilled powerboat enthusiast...
The truck, its purpose and destination will remain a mystery because no one is talking, not even Amerit Fleet Solutions.

We don't know yet what DW & Co stole from the SS home, but I've always thought and believe it was much more then $40,000. They had 2 safes in the home and I bet a lot of jewelry, expensive watches, etc. I've never been involved with a case before,
but this horrific crime grabbed me, and I want justice for this lovely Family, I know
you all do too.

One possibility is that whomever came up with the idea was too stupid to realize that there weren't cartoon-style money bags with little dollar signs on them piled up around the house, and then, when those didn't immediately materialize, was too stupid to realize that it wouldn't be possible to withdraw ONE BILLION DOLLARS from a local bank branch the next morning.

The truck, its purpose and destination will remain a mystery because no one is talking, not even Amerit Fleet Solutions.

I hope at least Amerit will be able to shed some light on this at trial. Would be nice if it were before then, though :(

More interesting info, IMO. There is an Amerit location in Beltsville, MD which is app. 12 miles from Jessup(Autobahn). There is also an Amerit location in Annapolis Junction. It is 2.5 miles from Jessup. The truck was registered in NC but that may be misleading, IMO. Wouldn't necessarily tie a commercial vehicle to operating solely in that state. For those familiar with road layout there, how does that tie in with where convoy was stopped? I also noticed on Indeed. com that many of Amerit's jobs have round-the-clock staffing. And some of the money was found in the truck, wasn't it? I wonder if these local Amerit trucks serviced go-karts at the Autobahn?

I also would take the registration state with a grain of salt for a company that has a fleet of vehicles that are deployed all over the place.

I haven't been able to find any evidence that Amerit serviced karts for Autobahn. No announcements about contracts (Amerit announces lots of its contracts), no "partnership" announcement, no ads online for Amerit that suggested they might have hired go-kart techs because of a contract. I found indeed.com listings for 'go kart mechanics' for Autobahn, which leads me to believe that go-karts are specialized and they have to have people in-house to work on them. But of course absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Gut tells me that the connection is that someone in the 'ring' worked or Amerit, had worked for Amerit, or knew someone who worked there, which seems possible, given Amerit's location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolibery