ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the video interview. Am I reading too much into this?

'Who would harm us this way?' Mitchell said. 'Especially knowing how much he means to us. He's everything to us.'

Especially knowing how much he means to us?

Excellent observation!

I am also very straightforward and I like to ask things if I am not sure. :) As long as it is a rule and in every case in WS, we are not allowed to sleuth POI even in cases where the police said they are not suspects, it is fine by me. Now if there are threads about POI that police stated they are not suspects and the individuals in question were subjected to sleuthing (with approval) then by all means, I would like to know what makes this case different. Hence, my question. :)

Questions about rules are best addressed directly to the mods.

'Who would harm us this way?' Mitchell said. 'Especiallyknowing how much he means to us. He's everything to us.'

Great observation Jamaica Me Crazy.

There have been a few posts wondering how IR and the GGP could be friends. This is just a possible scenario on their (possible) connection. I have a family member that is addicted to prescription drugs. She is 36 years old (close to IR's age). She makes friends with terminally ill patients (Cancer/pain meds) and mentally ill people. That way she can easily get (steal?) their meds. The supposed "friends" are "out of it" either from pain or mental illness, so they don't even realize it. I'm sure she uses them for money too. They continue to be friends until this woman is suspected of stealing or using them. Then the friendship ends. Those friendships have gone on for a few years with some of them. I'm not saying this is what is going on, but it would be a possibility.

Could someone (unknown to us) have known they were going to go to that area to camp and have been waiting for the right opportunity to have Deorr handed off to them for money? GGP wouldn't have even known what was going on if he is in that bad of shape.

I'm new here. If this is a no-no, let me know and I will delete it. Thanks!

I think the sheriff was protecting the family friend because IR's got a few mental issues of his own. You can rest assured that his background was known within a few hours after LE showed up to look for that kid. Knowing the weird history surrounding the guys' past, the sheriff knew IR was going to take a pounding in the press, along with social media and the rest of it.

If G-grandpa and the parents vouched for him though, I can understand why LE was reluctant to "out" him and feed him up to the wolves. I have no doubt that IR was grilled extensively under some very bright lights. His on camera interview was bizarre and ridiculous and leaves one with the impression that he is rather nonchalant about the kid disappearing. He may just be a half-wit that is anti-social and sleeps naked. I'm surprised he didn't open up the door all the way and let the whole world see him standing there in his naked glory.

Who stays in bed and sleeps past 4 A.M. anyway ? That's the best time to write rambling posts on Websleuths while drinking Folgers Dark Roast coffee. It's like having your own private forum with no interruptions......... everyone should try it.

OMG I thought he would flash all of us too! BBM Thanks for saying exactly what I was thinking.

OMG I thought he would flash all of us too! BBM Thanks for saying exactly what I was thinking.

I assumed the place was a mess and/or he had company he didn't want revealed, in addition to being naked or half naked. Pure and utter speculation, with an understanding to not wanting to open the door to unexpected guests.

Someone needs to remind him that you don't need to answer the door when someone knocks. Or, you can say, "Gimme a minute to get dressed."

:)

There have been a few posts wondering how IR and the GGP could be friends. This is just a possible scenario on their (possible) connection. I have a family member that is addicted to prescription drugs. She is 36 years old (close to IR's age). She makes friends with terminally ill patients (Cancer/pain meds) and mentally ill people. That way she can easily get (steal?) their meds. The supposed "friends" are "out of it" either from pain or mental illness, so they don't even realize it. I'm sure she uses them for money too. They continue to be friends until this woman is suspected of stealing or using them. Then the friendship ends. Those friendships have gone on for a few years with some of them. I'm not saying this is what is going on, but it would be a possibility.

Could someone (unknown to us) have known they were going to go to that area to camp and have been waiting for the right opportunity to have Deorr handed off to them for money? GGP wouldn't have even known what was going on if he is in that bad of shape.

I'm new here. If this is a no-no, let me know and I will delete it. Thanks!

:Welcome1:

I don't understand the terminology of the Sheriff saying they were at the scene? Scene of what? Everyone claims they were not near DeOrr.

When I read that, it was my assumption that during the interrogation/interview process, they probably took each person to the scene (campsite) so they could perhaps state where exactly each person was during the whole ordeal.

They suspended the search for Deorr on the 13th, only 3 days after he was reported missing. The 2 Jacksonville teens disappeared on Friday, in the Atlantic ocean and the Coast Guard has not called off the search(still considered a rescue effort), from the southern florida coast all the way to the south carolina coastal area.
This leads me to believe that LE knows that DeOrr Jr. is nowhere at that campsite. Unless he is in the reservoir, which looks murky and not clear (dad stated in the interview it was clear). But divers have looked and didn't find anything. Slideshow of the general area of the campsite and reservoir:

http://www.ktvb.com/picture-gallery/news/local/2015/07/13/missing-toddler/30075461/

I think the sheriff was protecting the family friend because IR's got a few mental issues of his own. You can rest assured that his background was known within a few hours after LE showed up to look for that kid. Knowing the weird history surrounding the guys' past, the sheriff knew IR was going to take a pounding in the press, along with social media and the rest of it.

If G-grandpa and the parents vouched for him though, I can understand why LE was reluctant to "out" him and feed him up to the wolves. I have no doubt that IR was grilled extensively under some very bright lights. His on camera interview was bizarre and ridiculous and leaves one with the impression that he is rather nonchalant about the kid disappearing. He may just be a half-wit that is anti-social and sleeps naked. I'm surprised he didn't open up the door all the way and let the whole world see him standing there in his naked glory.

Who stays in bed and sleeps past 4 A.M. anyway ? That's the best time to write rambling posts on Websleuths while drinking Folgers Dark Roast coffee. It's like having your own private forum with no interruptions......... everyone should try it.

I had to scroll back up to see what time you posted this!

:dance:

"Especially knowing how much he means to us."

Are you implying that whomever may have taken or harmed Deorr knows the parents?

Just a little tip for you, shellbythesea: When you are answering a post from someone else, just click on the "REPLY WITH QUOTE" button underneath their post. That way, people will know exactly what post you're responding to. :) HTH

'Who would harm us this way?' Mitchell said. 'Especially knowing how much he means to us. He's everything to us.'

To me, that would imply they think someone they know abducted their child. Otherwise, it would be unknown how much he means to them. It could be assumed but not known.

I also wanted to say about the store trip and people thinking it was the night before. I've discounted that simply because it was reported that they traveled to this campground on Friday 7/10. That's what was reported, but I don't believe we have heard this from JM and DK. Have we? Have they stated in an interview or been quoted in msm that they left their home and traveled to the campground on Friday?

And would someone with dimentia (that has been suggested) be clear if something happened that day or the day before?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I have a question about being a person of interest. I'm no expert by far, but the only time I've seen people referred to in this way is if LE desires to speak with them but is unable to for whatever reason. Am I incorrect? Are the parents still speaking with LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suza_l