ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know... that bike looks pretty shady to me. ;)

My thoughts exactly. Plus, it hasn't even been mentioned in any interview or press conference, yet we can see it hanging around in the background. Makes me wonder about a cover up.

No seat, no handle bars, and can't stand up with it's own kick stand. I wouldn't be surprised if it's missing the chain and the brakes are bad. I'm not trying to judge the two-wheeler, just commenting on what I see in MSM.

Shady bike indeed!

:) Just joshing around.

I live in the area and have worked up that drainage many times. You're absolutely correct about the time it takes to drive on that road. It is very rough but if you have a truck that you don't mind abusing a little (and good tires) you can make it up there in 20 minutes or possibly even quicker if you really pushed it.

Thank you for your local perspective. What is your experience with mountain lions in the area? Do you think the baby might have been taken by a big cat?

Oh, and :welcome: to WS.

They've been friends for five years and GGF lives with JM? I thought I read he lives with her and/or she's his caregiver. She would have to know, imo, if someone was stealing and using or selling her grandfather's medications.

Maybe they met at church - I thought I saw a comment here saying IR is LDS?

I may be wrong, but I thought the little Deorr, his mom and dad live with little Deorr's paternal grandfather, not the maternal great grandfather. Am I wrong?

Why was DeOrr filthy? Pretty strong word.. lady in store must see camping kids all the time.. Filthy..hmmm

It's a bad road, but for anyone who has experience driving rocky dirt roads, it's not that bad. If you're good at avoiding the rock clusters you can maintain a pretty good pace driving up there and not even abuse your truck that much. The website estimates for travel time are way off.

so probably not a great place to take your two year old? unless they didn't know beforehand that the terrain would be so rough.
i certainly wouldn't take a little kid on that kind of ride..it's no wonder that if DeOrr was upset at the store.. if he was dirty...he may have had a chocoloate bar on the way there, become fussy (because of the ride + the sugar), and wanted more chocolate so the parents got him another one instead of some food that would stabilize his mood/blood sugar? I'm still a little confused on the store part.

The clothing choice (pajama pants) may have been because he got filthy eating the chocolate.

True. I wonder why she would imply it, though... does she really think that or is she trying to push the investigation in a different direction??? So many questions...

We can only hope that one day we know the answers and that if anyone did hurt him that they are brought to justice.

I'll admit when mom asked [paraphrasing] who would harm "us", especially know how much he means to "us" -- it sounded personal to me. My hinky meter went off right away. A stranger abduction isn't about harming the parents, IMO, but rather acquiring the target (the abductee). A stranger wouldn't know (or likely care) "how much he means to us." Perhaps I'm reading too much into it...

Personally I don't think you are reading too much into that comment - I also had the same gut reaction to it.

It's almost as though the parents had someone in mind who might take little DeOrr as retribution for something (who knows what, I'm sure many of us have theories though...) :thinking:

The statement puzzled me if she meant the boy was filthy or the man was filthy.
I always interpreted the filthy part to be about the boy. I guess it could go either way

From interview:
Jessica: I just, somebody at the store, um at Leadore, said, it was one of the ladies that had worked at the store, said that they saw, um, a gentleman and a younger blonde boy matching our description of our son, really filthy, buying candy for him, and he was just bawling, in a black truck. That is the only other...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I may be wrong, but I thought the little Deorr, his mom and dad live with little Deorr's paternal grandfather, not the paternal* great grandfather. Am I wrong?

*Maternal

You're right. I think all the comments about her being his caretaker got me confused.

For those who still are unclear about TOS, here is yet another reminder to review Rules: Etiquette & Information

Pay particular attention to these sections:

Victim Friendly
Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE.

Additionally, sleuthing family members or others that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members or others cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Baiting/Trolling/Inciting Conflict:

“Trolling” or making posts with the intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines.

Attacking WS Moderators & Administrators:

Posting in a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not allowed. Please utilize the board’s Private Message function or email to contact staff if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.

Deleting Posts and Closing Threads:

WS Administration has the right to close any thread, and to delete any post, which we deem inappropriate. The decision to close a thread, or to delete or edit a post is solely ours. We adhere to a strict policy of striving to maintain interesting and productive discussions for the benefit of the WS community...

In addition, moderators will exercise their discretion to delete individual posts which are inappropriate, offensive, or otherwise violate TOS (including the rules and etiquette outlined above).

Be aware that if you quote a post which warrants removal, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
Bear in mind, that the circumstances of each case differ. Hence, there are gray areas within the rules, and administrators and moderators have the duty, and the right, to set the guidelines for each case as they deem suitable.

Raising reasonable questions based on the known facts is a natural part of an open discussion. It's not only allowed, it's encouraged. Posing unsubstantiated allegations, however, and skewing the facts to fit a preconceived notion of guilt is not allowed, and won't be tolerated. So if you don't like having your posts removed, then keep an open mind, post responsibly, and think twice before you hit "submit".

Finally, as one member wisely observed, "person of interest" is not a legal term, and can have varying connotations. In this case, LE has described the parents and IR as "persons of interest", but added that they are not "suspects". So once again, unless and until they are elevated to the level of "suspect", the "victim friendly" rule applies.

(See Posts #2 and #3 of this thread.)

OT - Two questions, please and TIA.

1. How do you use the Multi Quote button?

2. How do you use the Search button?

ETA: Thanks to all that have answered. I am pretty good at following directions.

From the video interview. Am I reading too much into this?

'Who would harm us this way?' Mitchell said. 'Especially knowing how much he means to us. He's everything to us.'

Especially knowing how much he means to us?

Yeah, that struck me as weird, but I have been over-analyzing things, too! Sounds almost like she was talking about someone who knows them...the only other possibility would be a stranger who stalked them enough to know how much they cared about him. Otherwise, a random stranger who abducts a baby due to the opportunity being there is unlikely to care about their feelings or have any info on how much the kid is loved.

Yeah, that struck me as weird, but I have been over-analyzing things, too! Sounds almost like she was talking about someone who knows them...the only other possibility would be a stranger who stalked them enough to know how much they cared about him. Otherwise, a random stranger who abducts a baby due to the opportunity being there is unlikely to care about their feelings or have any info on how much the kid is loved.

Perhaps the parents do have an abduction suspect that we aren't privy to. This could also be why they are so adamant as to him being abducted.

Hi ILOKAL :) I see that your posts are mostly about this case scenario only. Do you have any other theories that it does not include a wild animal?

Given the circumstances of Deorr's "vanishing" (literally), the mountain lion is the one that fits. I have said I also realize drowning is very possible, but after the three week mark (the time the sheriff said a body would surface, which is Friday) that possibility becomes less probable.

I don't believe at all that the parents et al are involved. Although an abduction is possible, it just doesn't seem to fit the scenario, IMO.

BBM I have read most of the media reports and I have not seen and interview or a direct quote saying they first arrived the campground that morning. The only place I remember seeing any mention of it is in this article: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/deorr-kunz-disappearance-a-timeline-of-events/

As for someone with dementia being aware of what happened on a certain day. It depends on the individual.

Bolded by me. That would also apply to whether someone with dementia would enjoy a camping trip, or would have difficulty or cause difficulty for others. Someone who has enjoyed an activity all their life is often pretty normal within that sphere. It's only when they encounter the unexpected that they'd run into trouble. I'm speaking in general terms here, since we don't know anything about what limitations anybody involved might have.

The reporter needed to ask if little Deorr was filthy and bawling when they took him to the store. He needed to ask what time they visited the store. He needed to ask if they all went into the store or if anyone stayed in the vehicle. And he needed to ask if they thought this could be a valid sighting of their missing and possibly abducted child. And finally, how the clerk could mistake the time by 5+ hours.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I thought the reporter did a very poor job. He didn't ask important questions and let Deorr basically run the interview.

OT - Two questions, please and TIA.

1. How do you use the Multi Quote button?

2. How do you use the Search button?

To multi-quote, look for the icon farthest on the right at the bottom of each post. It looks like a quotation mark with a plus sign. Check that icon on the posts you wish to quote, then click "reply with quote". After you post your reply, you will have to go back and uncheck the icons on the posts you quoted to release them. Otherwise, they will continue to appear in your future posts.

To do a thread search, click Search Thread and type in a key word or a name. The search will return the posts within the thread that contain the word or name you entered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname