ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
he might say that because he wanted to discount the sighting of a man and a filthy crying little boy in the store at 6pm. It implies they went there together all 3 of them and in the store together too. On another note.. does anyone remember the abduction of John Walsh's son Adam? remember the suspect Ottis Toole.;. I have seen clips of him on TV.. i saw IR and thought about Ottis immediately.. same disaffected, below the radar.. not quite right, demeanor.. Low IQ? meds? i dunno.. but that "type". JMO.. Sadly, a lot of people might fit that "type". Even in Adam's case his body was found... If Deorr was kidnapped and sold, or worse, where is he? Could IR have been the man in the store with the filthy crying boy at 6pm? JMO and random ideas for debate..

ETA: Why do you think DK would want to discount the sighting of a man and a filthy crying little boy in the store at 6 pm? I can't figure that out.

If they went to the store as a family and the clerk saw both DeOrrs, did she see JM? She has not been mentioned in the accounts I've read. It's interesting to me that DK makes such a point of "as a family". Why emphasize that? Is there any possibility that DK and DeOrr went to the store at some point without JM?

There have been a few posts wondering how IR and the GGP could be friends. This is just a possible scenario on their (possible) connection. I have a family member that is addicted to prescription drugs. She is 36 years old (close to IR's age). She makes friends with terminally ill patients (Cancer/pain meds) and mentally ill people. That way she can easily get (steal?) their meds. The supposed "friends" are "out of it" either from pain or mental illness, so they don't even realize it. I'm sure she uses them for money too. They continue to be friends until this woman is suspected of stealing or using them. Then the friendship ends. Those friendships have gone on for a few years with some of them. I'm not saying this is what is going on, but it would be a possibility.

Could someone (unknown to us) have known they were going to go to that area to camp and have been waiting for the right opportunity to have Deorr handed off to them for money? GGP wouldn't have even known what was going on if he is in that bad of shape.

I'm new here. If this is a no-no, let me know and I will delete it. Thanks!

They've been friends for five years and GGF lives with JM? I thought I read he lives with her and/or she's his caregiver. She would have to know, imo, if someone was stealing and using or selling her grandfather's medications.

Maybe they met at church - I thought I saw a comment here saying IR is LDS?

I've kinda been thinking that the LE has had his sights on someone from the very start, but he still needed to conduct a proper wilderness search for a missing child, beings there was no signs of a crime at the camp site, just in case his hunch was wrong

Yes, better to cover all of your bases just in case. Also it is easier for them to make an arrest and charge when there is a body or evidence of foul play. They have neither that we know of and usually LE moves quick if they have evidence like that.

To me, that would imply they think someone they know abducted their child. Otherwise, it would be unknown how much he means to them. It could be assumed but not known.

I also wanted to say about the store trip and people thinking it was the night before. I've discounted that simply because it was reported that they traveled to this campground on Friday 7/10. That's what was reported, but I don't believe we have heard this from JM and DK. Have we? Have they stated in an interview or been quoted in msm that they left their home and traveled to the campground on Friday?

And would someone with dimentia (that has been suggested) be clear if something happened that day or the day before?

BBM I have read most of the media reports and I have not seen and interview or a direct quote saying they first arrived the campground that morning. The only place I remember seeing any mention of it is in this article: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/deorr-kunz-disappearance-a-timeline-of-events/

As for someone with dementia being aware of what happened on a certain day. It depends on the individual.

As far as we know, the parents have been cooperative and I never heard that people referred to POI when LE desires to speak with them but they are unable to do for whatever reason.

It has been my understanding and experience abroad (not sure how it is in the US) that when LE label someone as a POI usually means they are not completely cleared out and they do not have enough information/evidence at this time to detain them/charge them with any crime. Usually, later on they either drop the label and clear them out completely or the label is changed to "suspect".
I found one definition of the term "person of interest". http://definitions.uslegal.com/p/person-of-interest/

Thanks for letting me know that the professional search lasted 10 days. I trust that LE in that area would know how to search the wilderness, so he is unlikely to be there. Do you know if the campsite has reopened to the public?

Yes, better to cover all of your bases just in case. Also it is easier for them to make an arrest and charge when there is a body or evidence of foul play. They have neither that we know of and usually LE moves quick if they have evidence like that.

I've seen lots of cases that have gone from missing to homicide even though no body had been found (and in a short period of time too), and I've seen cases (one is on here about a woman in Winnipeg) when the homicide unit is brought in even if they haven't specifically said it's now a homicide investigation.

I'm behind in the thread for him but I think the Lonzie Barton case has changed to a murder investigation too.

I found one definition of the term "person of interest". http://definitions.uslegal.com/p/person-of-interest/

This is quoted from the above article, and the underlined part is how I've always interpreted it, which is why I asked:

Unlike "suspect" and "material witness," "person of interest" has no legal definition, but generally refers to someone law enforcement authorities would like to speak with or investigate further in connection with a crime."

However, since there's no legal definition I suppose it's used in different ways by different LE agencies.

It looks to me that this family is very experienced at camping. They take GGrampa out several times per year. He looks to be a very beloved family member, and seems that they are trying to make as many memories as possible with him while he is still around.

They have done this so many times before, that it probably did not seem odd at all to step away. Oh how my heart hurts for these people. I sure hope that there is no foul play....

On the other hand.... I feel like there is something hinky with that interview!

I don't think I've seen it anywhere can anyone tell me was this a planned trip for a while or something the decided recently to take?

ClaireNC
"BBM I have read most of the media reports and I have not seen and interview or a direct quote saying they first arrived the campground that morning. The only place I remember seeing any mention of it is in this article:
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07...ine-of-events/

As for someone with dementia being aware of what happened on a certain day. It depends on the individual."

Yes, the nature of the dementia definitely depends on the individual. My father had it and he could be sharp and normal for a couple of days then just like that he would be very confused, to the point of not knowing what city he lived in and so on. And also stressful events could trigger the dementia, like going to the doctor or being away from the house all day. It would be interesting to know what type of dementia the father has (i.e. alzheimers, Parkinsons, etc.). http://www.webmd.com/brain/dementia-directory

I wonder if the LE had heard the 911 calls from both parents before he arrived on the scene, why hasn't the dad's call ever been released, why release the mom's 911 call why not the dad's, they talked to different operators there should be 2 recordings
My guess is it hasn't been released because the media hasn't requested it. They need to.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I've no feelings either way whether this man has anything to do with Deorr's disappearance, but I just watched the interview and you can hear the reporter apologising for waking him up.

It's pretty much the response you'd get from me first thing in the morning too - I'd need to at least have a wee and a cuppa before you'd get much more sense out of me.

Me too. But I would have said ' hold on a bit, i'll be back, and I'd have gotten a shirt on and poured some coffee and tried to be a bit more coherent. JMO

They've been friends for five years and GGF lives with JM? I thought I read he lives with her and/or she's his caregiver. She would have to know, imo, if someone was stealing and using or selling her grandfather's medications.

Maybe they met at church - I thought I saw a comment here saying IR is LDS?
No ggf does not live with JM.

JM, DK, and little Deorr live with DK's dad.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The only thing about the trip to the store that is bugging me is the time. 40 minutes to drive 8-10 miles(varying reports) I have grown up in the woods and camped since I was a toddler. I looked at the google earth maps and I just don't see how in the world it takes that long, in a truck especially. That's having the truck driving slightly faster than 10 miles per hour which is very close to idling along. The road looks bumpy by all means but not to that extent, I would think 40-45 minutes round-trip (20-25 each way) seems much more probable. Any locals in the area that have driven it?:moo:

I live in the area and have worked up that drainage many times. You're absolutely correct about the time it takes to drive on that road. It is very rough but if you have a truck that you don't mind abusing a little (and good tires) you can make it up there in 20 minutes or possibly even quicker if you really pushed it.

I don't think I've seen it anywhere can anyone tell me was this a planned trip for a while or something the decided recently to take?

Welcome! :)

Based on the interview, little DeOrr's father said they were concerned about the campsite because of the creek and little DeOrr, this seems to suggest this was a planned trip but it does not tell us of when.

I live in the area and have worked up that drainage many times. You're absolutely correct about the time it takes to drive on that road. It is very rough but if you have a truck that you don't mind abusing a little (and good tires) you can make it up there in 20 minutes or possibly even quicker if you really pushed it.

Thanks for your local perspective and welcome! :)

I've seen lots of cases that have gone from missing to homicide even though no body had been found (and in a short period of time too), and I've seen cases (one is on here about a woman in Winnipeg) when the homicide unit is brought in even if they haven't specifically said it's now a homicide investigation.

I'm behind in the thread for him but I think the Lonzie Barton case has changed to a murder investigation too.

Whoa. Gotta get my eyes checked. I read the name as "Lizzie Borden" instead of "Lonzie Barton" at first!

unpaved windy bumpy road with pot holes and rocks and this was a pickup truck not an all terrain vehicle.. and maybe old vehicle with lousy shock absorbers ..just an idea..

It's a bad road, but for anyone who has experience driving rocky dirt roads, it's not that bad. If you're good at avoiding the rock clusters you can maintain a pretty good pace driving up there and not even abuse your truck that much. The website estimates for travel time are way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann