DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC SS was not restrained when his body was found. LE speculated he was controlled through torture of his son and threats to his wife if he did not cooperate. IMO SS believed if he got this maniac some money that he'd leave and that would save his family. Therefore he made phone calls etc to arrange for money

Oh he might have broken through his restraints and was killed for that.

So name of W3 would be made public IF the case moves forward with DW as only defendant ...

Wondering if LE is investigating W3 as an accomplice and not a witness. It's possible W3 was an accomplice who provided a false description to throw LE off Wint. Seems strange no one else has come forward claiming to see the Porsche or driver on the day it was seen driven "erratically" on New York Ave (May 14).

I don't think there is a chance of that. If I were going to throw LE off someone, I would give a completely different description (such as fat white man, etc). I think the witness believed hair was short because DW wore it in a pony tail (which he does, he even did so in court). Witness only saw him for a brief period of time and it could have looked like hair was short if pony tail was side ways.

Let him walk in and go upstairs in search of his wife and son, first.
Good! I like this one. Now, upstairs in one of the bedrooms or the hallway? Where do you hide? Do you punch him? Hit him over the head?

If he first broke in before father came home (which is what it looks like) then he would have to tie up 2 women (one of them elderly) and a child with a concussion. One strong man can manage that pretty easily.
Then he could control the father by threatening to harm other hostages once father got home.
Does he bind them with duct tape? Are they all in the same room ?How long would each one take? Can he do it one handed or would it take two hands?

Do you know the difference between live and dead weight? Have you wrestled done Jiu jitsu, etc. have you tried to tie up a resisting opponent?
Lots of possibilities. ... it's not like he was 300 lbs...

1. I could carry/drag/manhandle him up the stairs. Again, I don't care if i hurt him.

2. Since I only tied his arms, I force him onto his feet and make him walk, and if he resists I cut/stab and make him comply.

3. I show him a cell phone pic of his son tied up, and tell him I'll kill them all unless he does what I say, and he complies and walks upstairs.

4. Many homes in that price range have elevators. Drag him to the elevator.

Or initial scenario goes down differently. .. I have women and boy tied up upstairs, and I wait with them upstairs. When he walks upstairs and into the bedroom, I rush him from behind then.

Again, the vast majority of people are not prepared for a violent encounter, particularly not in their own home where they feel safest.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Do you know the difference between live and dead weight? Have you wrestled done Jiu jitsu, etc. have you tried to tie up a resisting opponent?

Yes, yes, and no.

I have a few for you....

Ever see someone sucker punched? Ever been in, or seen a bar fight (martial arts are different, there are rules and people are thrown out of dojos for not following them)? Ever hear of the knockout game?

ETA. There are lots of videos available showing violent attacks. People are overwhelmed very quickly, unusual for there to be any real defense.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

What if the women were upstairs tied to the chairs, DW had gagged and bound the son. When Dad came into the house, AS called to him, from upstairs, telling him to come upstairs.

DW has hidden and the first thing SS sees is the two women tied to the chairs. DW appears with a gagged, bound PS with knife under his throat. DW orders SS to the other chair where DW ties him to the chair with no problems as SS is fearful for PS.

After having all three adults tied in the chairs, DW takes PS to his own room.

Is something like this possible? Where would DW need assistants?

I have to believe LE has much more info. Still not sure how DW gets to the house without being caught on someone's surveillance tape. If accomplices, same thing. Anyone who was in the house for 19 hours must have left DNA everywhere. 19 hours is a long time. Did he drink from a glass or water bottle? Turn on a faucet? Did anyone use the bathroom? Unbound for that? LE would know. The fire was confined to the upper floor...stairway would have shown signs of struggle if there was one. The pizza is an odd request. Easy to imagine DW being high to stay awake for that long, but then why was he hungry? And why 2 pizzas? Hard to imagine he gave a $&@ about whether his victims were hungry. I know the simplest explanation is usually best, but so many things had to go "right" for DW to pull this off.

This might seem like an odd question, but I've always wondered what type of
chairs the adults were restrained in? I'm thinking, dining room chairs, possibly
office chair? How did he keep the victims in control while he maneuvered the
chairs to the one room they were held captive in? (except for PS who was restrained
in a different room IIRC)
I don't think it was mentioned what kind of chairs were used. Your point about hi backed chairs I understand completely.

Yes, yes, and no.

I have a few for you....

Ever see someone sucker punched? Ever been in, or seen a bar fight (martial arts are different, there are rules and people are thrown out of dojos for not following them)? Ever hear of the knockout game?

ETA. There are lots of videos available showing violent attacks. People are overwhelmed very quickly, unusual for there to be any real defense.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk
Yes to all , and I like your questions. Now if mr. D attacked and subdued mr. S and then carried/ coerced up the stairs, why was there no transfer/ touch evidence be it hair, fibers, Dna found n mr. S ?

What if the women were upstairs tied to the chairs, DW had gagged and bound the son. When Dad came into the house, AS called to him, from upstairs, telling him to come upstairs.

DW has hidden and the first thing SS sees is the two women tied to the chairs. DW appears with a gagged, bound PS with knife under his throat. DW orders SS to the other chair where DW ties him to the chair with no problems as SS is fearful for PS.

After having all three adults tied in the chairs, DW takes PS to his own room.

Is something like this possible? Where would DW need assistants?
Good. Now are we to suppose that mr. D needs both hands to tie up mr. S?

Yes to all , and I like your questions. Now if mr. D attacked and subdued mr. S and then carried/ coerced up the stairs, why was there no transfer/ touch evidence be it hair, fibers, Dna found n mr. S ?
Could DW simple have had a gun pointed at SS? Had his wife restrain him?

Who is Mr. D?

I would not assume there wasn't. I have no doubt LE has much more evidence than has been made public. They only stated the minimum necessary to obtain an arrest warrant for Wint.

Could DW simple have had a gun pointed at SS? Had his wife restrain him?
I like this answer the best so far. Now, he would have to unbind mrs. S before mr. S arrived. He would have to know that mr. S was coming home alone. No buddies from the dojo coming over, no grandparents or friends coming to check/ see Philip for instance, etc.
He would have to be in close quarters with two adults.

I would not assume there wasn't. I have no doubt LE has much more evidence than has been made public. They only stated the minimum necessary to obtain an arrest warrant for Wint.

I agree they have much more information. Would you agree that their analysis of the crime scene is superior to ours?

Exactly- I like to enjoy each day but I look forward to December 17th!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree they have much more information. Would you agree that their analysis of the crime scene is superior to ours?
Sure. And at the preliminary hearing it was stated they had no evidence indicating others were involved.

I like this answer the best so far. Now, he would have to unbind mrs. S before mr. S arrived. He would have to know that mr. S was coming home alone. No buddies from the dojo coming over, no grandparents or friends coming to check/ see Philip for instance, etc.
He would have to be in close quarters with two adults.

I think he knew that SS was coming home alone. Amy had talked to him on the phone. He would have told her if he was not alone.

And it did not matter if anyone else stopped by. They didn't need to answer the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member