GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks as though the conservatory is on the roof of a shed attached to the house.

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/...tts/pictures-27974917-detail/pictures.html#27

The front view of the house ( pic a few pages back ) shows an outbuilding to the right of the front door - garage, shed ? so the conservatory could be at the back of this, so to the right of the kitchen

just to add - I have now read Retribution's post re this ( note to self, read whole thread before replying ! ) and can see that they have confirmed that SH would not have to go through the conservatory to reach the garden....

also to add, I have seen comment that it was raining heavily on that day ? this is only hearsay, but, if it was, I hope the prosecution raise the question of why go outside to smoke and take your 2 year old with you in the pouring rain

Just want to say thank you :clap: to all here for your insights, thoughts and comments and for putting up all the links.

Really interesting and thought provoking to get other people's views.

Alyce, if you look at the photo I linked you can see exactly where the conservatory is. I couldn't work out how to attach it before.

11147318.jpg

Don't know why it's attached twice now!

Attachments

• 11147318.jpg
    11147318.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 117
Thanks for that Cherwell, unusual location for sure ! and clearly not the same as the outbuilding I was talking about

I personally cannot wait for you to become verified! Thank you for doing so!

Thank you. Although I dont know how much insight I will be able to give, I will still only be able to comment on stuff thats been reported I think? I dont know if Im allowed to post about family dynamics etc as they are victims?

i can and will post whatever Im allowed. Im going in for major surgery soon, in the next 4 days so hopefully will be verified by then :)

With regards to the will - so Becky was never punished,never given a curfew or been penalised yet she was removed from a will because of bad behaviour...That's one helluva jump!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

With regards to the will - so Becky was never punished,never given a curfew or been penalised yet she was removed from a will because of bad behaviour...That's one helluva jump!

And also...SH says that if BW was taken out of the will then the house would be left to her and NM..was Beckys brother not in the will?

Don't you find it interesting that the father, who isn't even that old or terminally ill, and who is alive and kicking, will be talking about how his will be written - to his daughter-in-law of the step-son no less?

Or if the theory is that Becky's step-mom told the biological son who then told the female suspect about what's on the will, but then why will Becky's step-mother do that with the backstabbing chit chat? Is the family undermining or picking on Becky?

I don't buy it.

I think the female suspect may genuinely believe these things, or not. These things about the will may or may not be true. It is irrelevant to me other than shed light on family dynamics between Becky and the rest of her family. Ultimately I think the female suspect is rambling on and trying to justify something. Perhaps trying to perpetuate an image that Becky wasn't well liked by the family. Trying to demonize the victim. Yet, I don't see how painting Becky in a negative light buys the suspect any favors. I think the suspect is showing her true colors, which is her contempt for Becky.

And also...SH says that if BW was taken out of the will then the house would be left to her and NM..was Beckys brother not in the will?

I didn't think I could feel more sorry for Becky after she was murdered..... but it sounds like she had a pretty horrible life, not belonging anywhere, being resented by some members of the family, fearing her step brother and so on. I know we don't know what is true from what we are hearing, but there must be elements of truth in a lot of it.

Even her home doesn't look very nice, the garden is full of junk and her bedroom with its broken furniture and blinds makes me sad. I don't have a daughter, but even with my sons, I always tidy up their rooms so they look nice for when they come home from school and college, and always buy things to make their rooms comfy and personal - like nice rugs, cushions and so on. Her room just look so bleak. I don't meant she didn't have money spent on her (as obviously they may not have had much money) - I just mean it just doesn't look like a room a teenage girl could be comfy in, if you get what I mean. It looks like its been neglected for a long time.

The jury aren't being asked to find the driving force though, they're being asked if they believe beyond reasonable doubt whether these two individuals committed murder..

I've said it before on other cases and I'll say it now it's remarkable the amount of women who are on trial for murder and suchlike who are supposedly controlled and browbeaten by their other halves

Friends and family always want to believe a loved one or a friend is innocent. Especially when it involves a controlling male in the relationship.

What friends and family want to believe about a suspect is irrelevant to the criminologist.

This case keeps reminding me of elements I saw in the Karla Homolka case. Same thing was happening at the time. Everybody thought she was a poor soul being dragged into heinous acts against her will by the evil sadistic husband. It even worked in her favor when she secured a plea deal with the prosecutor to go after Bernardo. Everybody at the time genuinely felt she was innocent. Then, tapes surfaced showing how complicit she was and how she enjoyed toying with the victims. The fact is, couples who engage in crime, are often equally complicit. They feed off each other. Each encouraging the other to go the extra mile.

In this case, maybe the female suspect showed contempt for Becky for reasons mentioned. Maybe the male suspect had a thing for younger girls. Over time, this back to back created a scenario that lead to where we are in this case.

I didn't think I could feel more sorry for Becky after she was murdered..... but it sounds like she had a pretty horrible life, not belonging anywhere, being resented by some members of the family, fearing her step brother and so on. I know we don't know what is true from what we are hearing, but there must be elements of truth in a lot of it.

Even her home doesn't look very nice, and her bedroom with its broken furniture and blinds makes me sad. I don't have a daughter, but even with my sons, always tidy up their rooms and make them look nice for when they come home from school and college, and always buys things to make their rooms comfy and personal - like nice rugs, cushions and so on. Her room just look so bleak. I don't meant she didn't have money spent on her - it just doesn't look like a room a teenage girl could be comfy in, if you get what I mean. It looks like its been neglected for a long time.

I agree. I feel so sorry for her and she seemed really sweet too.

What still confuses me, perhaps people can get me up to speed here, is her name. Why is she called Becky Watts? Why did she take her biological mother's surname and not her dad? Why was she not living with her biological mother and instead living with the father of whom she did not take the surname? There's something there with the family dynamics. But since it is largely irrelevant to the criminal case, it probably doesn't matter in the grand scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member