Identified! NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, Off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #2 - Vincent Marion Trapp

Good morning, guys. Look around. You are in the Sand Canyon John Doe sub-forum of the Unidentified forum.

I've opened threads for all 48 names, but I've filled in information on the first 16, B-E. They're on page 2. If anyone has time to start filling in the basics on the others, that would be great. I'll come back later and work on some more, too.

You'll notice that all of the threads have the same starting date of April 1, 2015. I set it up that way so this if we want to copy over posts from the first two threads, they will fall in chronological order behind the opening posts.

You can follow this link to get to the index page, or click the link near the top of the page that reads Sand Canyon John Doe.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?585-Sand-Canyon-John-Doe/page2

just want to save my place for later. Thank you Bessie and Wenwe4, you have done an incredible job with this thread.

just want to save my place for later. Thank you Bessie and Wenwe4, you have done an incredible job with this thread.
Hey, Skully. :seeya: It's a work in progress, but we'll get it done. :)

Rickshaw, I was looking around the interwebs today (mostly to see if this case had been mentioned in other MSM news sites recently). I found a peculiar entry on a list that popped up. This is a list of UID Females in rural Nevada but one of them (discovered in Feb, 1990) had evidence of post mortem "sawing" and partial removal of hands, feet, and other bones, the torso has never been found.

I don't know if this has anything to do with this case, but Lander County appears to be about 4 hours away from Lyon County where our UID was found. Also interesting to note that the remains were determined to have been there a couple of years, and were found "1 mile east of Hilltop Rd and 1/10 mile to an old mine". This caught my eye because our UID remains were found "1 mile east of Hwy 338".

Just thought I would put this in the "Hmmmmm Column" but thought I would post it for others to see. What do you think? Any correlation or am I just reaching here?

http://id.dps.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/...RCFemaleUnidentifiedDeadUnsolvedHomicides.pdf

I bumped this in case it's at all related to our perp's backstory. It seems as though this UID has a torso missing and not just the hands and feet, so I doubt there's relevance, but ya never know....

I know some of us are at work, or running around, etc... But I wanted to ask if anyone had done any research already on any of the listed 48 ... I would love to choose a few to research but don't want to double up on already done work .. Should we just list here who we would like to "claim" to work on and then post in their thread that wonderful Bessie set up? :)

Last seen in June 1989, Mark KROSTEWITZ may have been planning a trip to Europe, however, relatives in Europe have not seen him or heard from him. His whereabouts remain unknown.

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2014004157&id=5

The UID has a similar face, strong jaw and long face, eyes set fairly close. Sorry if this has already been posted. I've forgotten where we left off and need to do some refresher work.

You'll notice that all of the threads have the same starting date of April 1, 2015. I set it up that way so this if we want to copy over posts from the first two threads, they will fall in chronological order behind the opening posts.

I'm pleased you explained that, I was thinking I had been a bit dense and not noticed a sub-forum that had been here since April!

I'm not familiar with this so I'll have to get caught up. I'll drop back in at some point to see if there is something I can help out with.

Last seen in June 1989, Mark KROSTEWITZ may have been planning a trip to Europe, however, relatives in Europe have not seen him or heard from him. His whereabouts remain unknown.

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2014004157&id=5

The UID has a similar face, strong jaw and long face, eyes set fairly close. Sorry if this has already been posted. I've forgotten where we left off and need to do some refresher work.
Hi, musicaljoke. Right now, we're working on the 48 names remaining on "the list".

Here's a snip from mmarty's post a couple of days ago.

Ok, I sent the new list off and it should be posted here soon. We are down to 48 names (approximately) on the list that we started that had around 3,000 I believe matching our John Doe. As far as tasks go, I can only think of checking these names against the circumstances and facts I have told you and see if there is a fit.
Here's the current plan:

1. Members pick a name, or names, from the 48 that they wish to research

2. Members post their choices in Carbuff's sticky thread, Who's working on what

3. Individual threads have been set up for each of the 48 missing persons. Members will use the case threads to add information from their research, and to work on comparisons. We'll keep this thread open for questions, comments on progress, and general information.

4. Wenwe will maintain The List.

5. Carbuff will keep track of which members are working which cases, so that there's no duplication of efforts, and coverage is spread out among all of the 48.

6. Carbuff will start working on mapping out the Iso Regions. Research and information on this topic will be appreciated, and can be posted in a special sticky, Isotope Regions.

7. The :cop::cop:, mmarty and lcsodetectives, will review the information posted in the threads. From time to time they will check in to post updates, which members can find in this thread, Reserved for LCSODETECTIVES and MMARTY,

8. The mods will be around to make sure no one is slacking. :thewhip: :floorlaugh:

This is 100% a team effort. All members are invited and encouraged to roll up their sleeves and pitch in. Newbies shouldn't feel intimidated because the UID forum is like a big classroom, where members share knowledge and learn from one another. The work is tedious, monotonous, but also interesting, and at times exhilarating. <<----- This is what we're shooting for, restoring a man's name.

Glad to see that my old neighbor Bobby Beich is on the list. Sure would like to know what happened to him. At the least, it says DNA is pending, his DNA will be in CODUS now to get a possible match with an unidentified male out there who deserves his name back.

This is a great plan. I'm on board.

Late to the party, but let me know how I can help.

Hi, musicaljoke. Right now, we're working on the 48 names remaining on "the list".

Here's a snip from mmarty's post a couple of days ago.

Here's the current plan:

1. Members picks a name, or names, from the 48 that they wish to research

2. Members post their choices in Carbuff's sticky thread, Who's working on what

3. Individual threads have been set up for each of the 48 missing persons. Members will use the case threads to add information from their research, and to work on comparisons. We'll keep this thread open for questions, comments on progress, and general information.

4. Wenwe will maintain The List.

5. Carbuff will keep track of which members are working which cases, so that there's no duplication of efforts, and coverage is spread out among all of the 48.

6. Carbuff will start working on mapping out the Iso Regions. Research and information on this topic will be appreciated, and can be posted in a special sticky, Isotope Regions.

7. The :cop::cop:, mmarty and lcosdetectives, will review the information posted in the threads. From time to time they will check in to post updates, which members can find in this thread, Reserved for LCSODETECTIVES and MMARTY,

8. The mods will be around to make sure no one is slacking. :thewhip: :floorlaugh:

This is 100% a team effort. All members are invited and encouraged to roll up their sleeves and pitch in. Newbies shouldn't feel intimidated because the UID forum is like a big classroom, where members share knowledge and learn from one another. The work is tedious, monotonous, but also interesting, and at times exhilarating. <<----- This is what we're shooting for, restoring a man's name.

Could you maybe put these instructions in a sticky? So it's easy for new posters to come along and pitch in? Something like "Read here first for instructions"....

Another question for Bessie! Is there any way to fix the MP's in alphabetical order? They keep juggling around according to how recently they were worked on, and then it's hard to locate them quickly. Or is this something I'm able to do on my interface? Thanks!

Big shout out to bessie for opening the new threads (but also keeping this one open)!

The 2 most recent submissions have been added to the pending list and LEO are jumping right on looking into those as well. I have asked bessie to open new threads for Harmon & Krostewitz on the new forum.

New people can also feel free to PM me for information, help, or an assignment.

For that matter, old-timers too :D

Another question for Bessie! Is there any way to fix the MP's in alphabetical order? They keep juggling around according to how recently they were worked on, and then it's hard to locate them quickly. Or is this something I'm able to do on my interface? Thanks!
Yes!
Go to the bottom of the index page, and look for "Thread Display Options". Select "Sort Threads by Thread Title". That will return an alphabetical listing by name. You also have the option to display in ascending and descending order.

I've added state prefixes to the titles. So, for instance, if you want to view only the Nevada case threads, in the selection box for prefixes, you would choose NV.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back