Bosma Murder Trial 02.11.16 - Day 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 3:52 PM
Now we're moving on to gunshot residue testing.

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 3:53 PM
Jury now being shown the GSR (gunshot residue) testing kits.

There are currently 137 users browsing this thread. (44 members and 93 guests)

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
She took piece of glass from broken passenger window. She used tweezers. Jury heard Crown intends to prove #Bosma was shot in his truck.

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 3m3 minutes ago
Smich still writing, millard just sitting as forensics testimony continues #timbosma trial

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Now we're moving on to gunshot residue testing. #HamOnt #TimBosma #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Court shown a tight shot of the interior of the cab of Bosma's truck, rear seat area, where a shell casing is visible #MillardSmich

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
Police found a bullet shell casing in the cleaned-out cab of #TimBosma truck

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Officer says it fell to that spot while they were examining truck. It was not on floor when they first began search of truck.

No saying how long it had been there then IMHO.

I keep seeing passenger door. Is this front or rear?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Now talking gunshot residue testing. "Dabbers" usually used to collect residue from hands. Consulted with CFS to confirm use on truck.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
We appear to be done with blood for now. Det. Const. Laura Mclellan discussing gunshot residue testing #MillardSmich

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
There were GSR tests done on 12 different places within the truck's cab. #HamOnt #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Dabber is sticky. Dab until it is no longer sticky. Dabbed 12 sites in truck.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont now
Dabbed inside all doors for gunshot residue. Also ceiling above front and rear passenger seats. Plus dashboard and roof about driver seat.

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 3:54 PM
There were GSR tests done on 12 different places within the truck's cab.

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 3:56 PM
The driver's side door, the driver's side rear door, the passenger door panel, the rear passenger door panel, the roof liner above the seats and the dashboard were all tested for gunshot residue.

Which truly begs the question... if THEY could see all this from the outside looking in, when that same truck was sitting in DM's hangar, with the driver's door wide open, how is it possible AJ didn't see the same thing?

And the blood stains on tarp were unseen too???

I doubt that. Even though they are separate crimes the sentences will be served concurrent not consecutively. The only way to look them up for longer if they are found guilty is to apply for a dangerous offender status

That is incorrect Avvocato ... you might want to familiarize yourself with Canada's laws on multiple murders:

http://crcvc.ca/docs/consecutive-sentencing-2012.pdf

Came into effect December 2011 so prior to all 3 murders in which DM is alleged to be the perp.

No it is life max, and a minimum 25 years to parole...though if DM is found guilty in the WM and LC cases, he could be looking at minimum 50 or 75 years to parole.

If he is convicted off all 3 murders, I suspect the Crown will push for a dangerous offender and if that is granted, he will never be able to apply for parole.

They have to provide everything. They use CD's and a portable hardware. Accused can see it all or should, being in jail may make that a little more difficult and they may be relying more on lawyer interpretation IMHO.

I don't think LE is obligated to provide their interpretation, i.e., the 60-hour presentation. I think all they probably legally owe the defense are the affidavits that contained dumps of cell calls and cell towers.

It would have been quite a shock to Millard to learn what all that data added up to. He probably had no clue!

(Well, obviously he had no clue since he took his cell phone everywhere during this crime...but anyway...)

And the blood stains on tarp was unseen too???

I'll do a tiny bit of devil's advocacy here and say that I think I saw a tweet earlier mention the existence of a total of three green tarps. They might have spread a clean one in the hangar.

Which doesn't excuse AJ from being able to deduce violence had happened when he saw the broken window.

Forensic officers were not wearing gun belts so no cross contamination. Officers in white suits, gloves.

If he is convicted off all 3 murders, I suspect the Crown will push for a dangerous offender and if that is granted, he will never be able to apply for parole.

In 75 years DM will be 105...isn't that just as good?

She took piece of glass from broken passenger window. She used tweezers. Jury heard Crown intends to prove #Bosma was shot in his truck.

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 3m3 minutes ago
Smich still writing, millard just sitting as forensics testimony continues #timbosma trial

Maybe MS was driving the Yukon and had nothing to do with the shots being fired?

I know that we have been down this road for close to 3 years but I still can't help but feel that if they wanted to steal a truck that badly and had access to trailers and winches, they could have just stolen it from the driveway in the middle of the night or even covered their faces and done a home invasion. DM had $$ to buy a truck, the tools that would have made it easy to steal the truck and yet this was the outcome. This is really stinking of a thrill kill to me.

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 3:59 PM
The GSR testing was done first, and then the investigators searched for fibres.

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 4:01 PM
Now seeing the rear wheel well on the passenger side, and red dots are shown that investigators believed were blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlop