Bosma Murder Trial 02.11.16 - Day 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
McLellan walks us through fingerprint testing and gunshot residue testing which they did in various spots in the truck. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Forensics also searched for hairs and fibres in truck. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
The GSR testing was done first, and then the investigators searched for fibres. #HamOnt #timBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Did GSR testing first because those particles are so fine. Also GSR samples from seat cushions.

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 1m1 minute ago
Mark Smich sitting back, finished note taking for now during forensic testimony at #timbosma trial

Crown has to supply a disclosure that lawyers can decipher. They may have concluded already that they can. No point handing over disclosure that may well have been written in Mandarin IMHO.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 44s45 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
We're back to blood. Looking at the passenger side of the rear wheel well. A number of photos showing areas tested for blood #Bosma

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 3:59 PM
The GSR testing was done first, and then the investigators searched for fibres.

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 4:01 PM
Now seeing the rear wheel well on the passenger side, and red dots are shown that investigators believed were blood.

Seem to be a lot of red dots.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Now seeing the rear wheel well on the passenger side, and red dots are shown that investigators believed were blood. #HamOnt #TimBosma#Bosma

Possible blood stains on wheel well of passenger side rear wheel.

***Ohhh, they probably mean interior wheel well. Here I am wondering how it got there on the outside :facepalm:

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 4:04 PM
Now being shown photos of the step under the truck's door. There was a little soil found on the step that also tested positive for blood.

Maybe MS was driving the Yukon and had nothing to do with the shots being fired?

From the Crown's opening address:

The Crown intends to prove that on this date in the late evening hours, Tim Bosma was killed in his truck, shot by the two accused at close range, while on a test drive with his truck; his body then incinerated hours later by the two accused.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
Blood was also found in the truck's psgr side rear wheel well. #TimBosma

Possible blood sample on chrome step, passenger side...officers worked 12 hour days on this.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 55s56 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Court being show a photo titled "Bloodstain Chrome Step Pass. Side" #Bosma

I know that we have been down this road for close to 3 years but I still can't help but feel that if they wanted to steal a truck that badly and had access to trailers and winches, they could have just stolen it from the driveway in the middle of the night or even covered their faces and done a home invasion. DM had $$ to buy a truck, the tools that would have made it easy to steal the truck and yet this was the outcome. This is really stinking of a thrill kill to me.

Yeah. I keep wondering why they were dumb enough to shoot out the window of the truck that they obviously also wanted. I assume it was just some murder/gangster fantasy being lived out, and it was worth it to DM to blow out the window in the process.

Maybe MS was driving the Yukon and had nothing to do with the shots being fired?

I know that we have been down this road for close to 3 years but I still can't help but feel that if they wanted to steal a truck that badly and had access to trailers and winches, they could have just stolen it from the driveway in the middle of the night or even covered their faces and done a home invasion. DM had $$ to buy a truck, the tools that would have made it easy to steal the truck and yet this was the outcome. This is really stinking of a thrill kill to me.

Sort of like the killing of two birds with one stone. Kill someone for kicks, plus get a truck out of it. :sick:

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Now seeing the rear wheel well on the passenger side, and red dots are shown that investigators believed were blood. #HamOnt #TimBosma#Bosma

Possible blood stains on wheel well of passenger side rear wheel.

***Ohhh, they probably mean interior wheel well. Here I am wondering how it got there on the outside :facepalm:

If it is the outside...They had to take him out of the truck at some point.... I'm thinking that could be how the blood got there. MOO

Areas of interest for blood on driver's side running board. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 44s45 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Dried blood picked up from seat bolts #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 35s36 seconds ago
Swabs from areas where seats would bolt into floor. Swab down into the hole for blood.

***This is very impressive work IMO

Feb 11 2016 4:05 PM
Little dots of blood were found on the chrome step of the passenger side as well.

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 4:09 PM
Swabs were also taken from the area where the front seats bolt in to the floor of the truck. Blood was found in the hole down in the floor pan, she says.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
Photo titled "Swab from Area where Seat Bolts In - Bloodstain" Expert spotted it with her naked eye and flashlight #Bosma

Who needs tracking devices when we have "smart phones". They should have read a few mobster books- that's why they prefer land lines. lol MOO

Sure can tell that the people involved in this case were NOT Websleuth members!!!!

Little dots of blood were found on the chrome step of the passenger side as well.

Adam Carter
Swabs were also taken from the area where the front seats bolt in to the floor of the truck. Blood was found in the hole down in the floor pan, she says.

Sigh...he was shot in the truck and bled there for some time.... MOO

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 3:59 PM
The GSR testing was done first, and then the investigators searched for fibres.

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 4:01 PM
Now seeing the rear wheel well on the passenger side, and red dots are shown that investigators believed were blood.

I think that some of this flying blood may also be attributed to the tearing out of the blood soaked interior of the vehicle? Can we assume that any carpeting was also removed and burned? Don't think we've heard about that. I guess a good power wash before taking it to the auto body shop would have been the next step?

MOO

Adam Carter

So "undercarriage" might mean the floor of the truck not the underside of the truck maybe?

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 4:10 PM
The passenger doors were swabbed too - not because blood was seen, but because it's an area people usually touch in a car.

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 4:11 PM
Now being shown photos of the front passenger door."When we opened it up, along the very bottom edge of the weather stripping ... there were a lot of various blood stains along the bottom," Mclellen says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjane99