Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #2

(OT)

Caylee

Do you know those weird drawings where if you look at it one way it's a drunken sailor, but if you look at it another way it's a beautiful woman?

That's what happens to me when I see your avatar; I know it's a cute little puppy, but I keep seeing a duck-billed platypus! hahaha

View attachment 89903

BTW, Hope's new avatar throws me off, too... Is it a gnome driving a little car? lol

Lol, no that is a rottie pup. Mine is no longer a puppy though, he weighs 134 pounds. I got him right after he was weaned and he looked like a little bear. That's funny though... a platypus

Lol, no that is a rottie pup. Mine is no longer a puppy though, he weighs 134 pounds. I got him right after he was weaned and he looked like a little bear. That's funny though... a platypus

Look at it as though the "nose" is at the top...

Just saying how the eyes can play games with the mind...

I've headed straight for the rum as of an hour ago. Thinking about the , my son needing help every 10 minutes on his science fair project due tomorrow, my DH giving me dirty looks about taking 2 days off from politics, and 5 cats coming way too close to my replacement laptop has all driven me to drink. Cheers. :D

I feel your pain, so maybe I should break open the bottle of apple-flavored Crown Royal a friend got me to try. I have some Bacardi 151 rum and an array of other liquors, but they might bring the shrimp I just ate back to life.. so I'll pass for now. I can drink beer with anything.. I just pretend it's appetizers and all is well. Tell hubby he looks tired or looks like he doesn't feel well, and sure enough he'll relax. :laughing:

I've headed straight for the rum as of an hour ago. Thinking about the , my son needing help every 10 minutes on his science fair project due tomorrow, my DH giving me dirty looks about taking 2 days off from politics, and 5 cats coming way too close to my replacement laptop has all driven me to drink. Cheers. :D

My iPad needs a good cleaning. Crawfish eating fingers on it so bad I can be barely see the screen

That's a powerful amount of crawfish, TeX. Were any left in the water for another day's feast? :D

We cooked three 30 pound sacks ...I'm fixing to pop the tails off maybe two pounds I saved to make étouffée or maque choux tomorrow

I feel your pain, so maybe I should break open the bottle of apple-flavored Crown Royal a friend got me to try. I have some Bacardi 151 rum and an array of other liquors, but they might bring the shrimp I just ate back to life.. so I'll pass for now. I can drink beer with anything.. I just pretend it's appetizers and all is well. Tell hubby he looks tired or looks like he doesn't feel well, and sure enough he'll relax. :laughing:

Lol, are we all drinking tonight. My friend just passed off her bottle of Sangria. It's not quite the season, but I finished off a nice gin and tonic during our early dinner tonight. I totally uncapped the Sangria... :)

Lol, are we all drinking tonight. My friend just passed off her bottle of Sangria. It's not quite the season, but I finished off a nice gin and tonic during our early dinner tonight. I totally uncapped the Sangria... :)

I think the alcohol was needed to semi erase the visions of the 3-holed wonder. YIKES!! Thankfully I took a personal day from work tomorrow. Drink up ladies and gents, the night is only beginning. For those of you who don't indulge we have enough to get you buzzed. :happydance:

(...... . Really at this point does it even matter whether there was no sex, or sex and whether he was aroused or not? Travis is still dead and at peace now. The butcheress is locked in a cage for life, and hopefully she never feels at peace ......

As we all know, 99% of folks moved on from this trial many many months ago. The few of us who didn't, or who did for months then returned when the texts became available, returned or stayed because one or another unresolved questions mattered to us, for one reason or another.

Having access to the texts and journals has made it possible to expose a number of her lies, which for me has been tremendously satisfying. The texts and journals have also answered some questions and posed new ones, including...what the heck was going on with NA55 on May 13? Sleuthing the new questions has also been rewarding, for me at least, because the answers suggested can help resolve the bigger unknowns...what was she threatening him with on May 26? Did what he said to her on May 26 cause her to begin planning his murder? Did he expect her on June 4?

As for what exactly happened on June 4. That we will never know. As JM said, only she knows, and even if she ever told the truth, who would believe it, given all her lies?

For myself I'm not sure which I find more sad-- that he spent the last hours he had on earth afraid of the , doing whatever he had to do to get her out of his house without provoking her, or that he made the mistake one last time of underestimating her maliciousness, or of second guessing himself about what he had finally understood to be true about her.

Either way, the is where she belongs, and JM has written a NYT best seller. Could have ended much worse for everyone but Travis Alexander.

I do have to go to work tomorrow, so I'll pass up these gracious offers and bid adieu. But please carry on, my friends!

Didn't Niner offer to send us rescue St. Bernards with flasks of hooch attached?

My booze larder is woefully understocked, sadly. :(

I'll hopefully be back on later, I have company and don't want to be rude.. they are, but not me. One wants to type something but hell to the no. Later!!!

I'll hopefully be back on later, I have company and don't want to be rude.. they are, but not me. One wants to type something but hell to the no. Later!!!

Lol, enjoy! I best be off to bed, must work tomorrow and it's tax season. *cries*

On the plus side, I finally had finished Juan's book. I am now slightly jealous of his obvious highly functional introverted intelligence. Lol

.........I've been posting and discussing here about May 26 and afterwards for going on 2 years now, including bringing over paraphrased texts from BK for May and June...well, all of them. .................
Snipped by me.

I was reading this post and broke into a belly laugh when I equated this paragraph with your DH giving you dirty look today. Sorry. And thank you and your husband for putting up with you.

Juan Martinez details that Travis was aroused in one of the pics. He states so in his book. The pic of her seconds before indicate sexual interaction - all the pics do. They are time stamped (exceptions sequentially sensible) and date stamped. Neither prosecution or defense dispute sexual contact took place. Yet some here are disputing the very evidence that got her convicted. Everyone is entitled to theories but in face of very strong evidence, the no sex one doesn't stack up.

I think JA showed up without advance warning and caught TA in the act of ummm "pleasuring himself". She had already retrieved his camera and was playing with it to test the settings.

Jodi was in the habit of constructing lies with some measure of reality. I believe she got the concept of walking in on TA when "he was masturbating to a photo of a boy" from surprising him in his private bedroom on June 4. Of course, there was no boy, but there were, I believe, some jollies going on before Jodi came in on him.

So ummmm this is sex, so to speak, on June 4 without sex with Jodi.....

Yes, that is true, from what I understand, anyway, that the memory sticks are not interchangeable.

The tech stuff about cameras has always flown right over my head. What is demonstrably true, as far as I can wrap my brain around it, is that she knew well ahead of time exactly what kind of camera he'd bought, that it is possible to transfer pics from one memory stick to another, that she brought her laptop with her, that there was a USB cord in TA's office, and that MM knew a great deal about computer graphics.

Es toto.

Add to that, she spent time with MM on night of June 2. He had a chance to know manipulation of sex pictures was a strategy somehow to get back at Travis.
This might be why defense didn't call him?

I just finished reading his book and was quite surprised at how little he had to say about Samuels and Alice la Violette. He dismisses their testimony in a total of 2 pages, right at the end of the book. I watched every bit of it and it felt like they were on the stand for a MONTH.....! It obviously didn't stress him as much as it did me to listen to those charlatans.

Juan probably deals with witnesses of that ilk all the time. No doubt us trial watchers were far more frustrated by their antics on the stand than he was. I like that he has not wasted many words on them, like he wouldn't even give them the time of day; it stresses their lack of credibility in spite of the defense placing them center stage.

U
I think JA showed up without advance warning and caught TA in the act of ummm "pleasuring himself". She had already retrieved his camera and was playing with it to test the settings.

Jodi was in the habit of constructing lies with some measure of reality. I believe she got the concept of walking in on TA when "he was masturbating to a photo of a boy" from surprising him in his private bedroom on June 4. Of course, there was no boy, but there were, I believe, some jollies going on before Jodi came in on him.

So ummmm this is sex, so to speak, on June 4 without sex with Jodi.....

This is a quote from Conviction by Juan Martinez:

"Flores then showed me the other five photographs that had been taken during the same afternoon session. One, snapped at 1: 44: 00 P.M., was a close-up shot of Arias’ anal and vaginal areas. Another, taken by Arias fifty seconds later, showed Travis naked and on his back, exhibiting his erect penis. In the foreground of that photograph was a bottle of KY personal lubricant. This photo confirmed that the other participant in the sexual activity that day was indeed Travis. There was now no disputing that Arias had been there on June 4, on the day of the murder, contrary to her protestations to Detective Flores during their June 10 phone call. A fourth photo, taken at 1: 47: 14, was also of Travis. He was on his back and looking at the camera, with his right arm extended, as if motioning Arias to come over to him. The personal lubricant had been moved so that it was now closer to the head of the bed. The next photo, which did not have a time stamp, showed Arias, propped up on her elbows, turning her body to the camera as if to show off her breasts and vaginal area, her left pigtail cascading over her shoulder onto the bed, the right one lying between her breasts. The last of these six pictures showed Arias’ legs spread to display her pubic area.".

Does that theory reasonably fit with the evidence the jury convicted on above?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes
Back