Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't most suicides the result of a mental disorder, such as depression?

Often, yes, of course. But I think suicides can also be due to circumstances/events/episodal. Take for instance someone who finds out they have a terminal illness (not that I think that's what happened here) or recently the case of the young woman who was facing embezzlement charges.

There are warnings signs for suicide and Stryker said there was no evidence of those. I'm sure not all suicides have warning signs though.

Research has found that about 90% of individuals who die by suicide experience mental illness.

Warning signs include:
Threats or comments about killing themselves
Increased alcohol and drug use
Aggressive behavior
Social withdrawal from friends, family and the community
Dramatic mood swings
Talking, writing or thinking about death
Impulsive or reckless behavior

https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-Conditions/Related-Conditions/Suicide

Scenario:
What if Cheryl was forced into a car/home and was pleading and in a panic says, 'I have friends/carpool waiting for me, they will know if I don't show!!!!' They then take her cell phone and say, 'give me your phone, I'll text them that they should go on without you.'

Then reply that it would take 10 minutes (correct info) Then kill CD, Dump her body in the culvert, and then park her car at the transit center during the morning rush, near where people know her (carpool people) by the cop shop?? Nah..

Perhaps a struggle could have been the reason her fingers were cut? Could it be she was holding on to her phone and it broke causing harm to her fingers?

My thoughts only
Perhaps she had a small pair of scissors (manicure or otherwise) and accidentally cut herself while looking through her purse for:
1) Her badge
2) Money to give perp.
3) Scissors to use in self-defense

IMHO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Perhaps she had a small pair of scissors (manicure or otherwise) and accidentally cut herself while looking through her purse for:
1) Her badge
2) Money to give perp.
3) Scissors to use in self-defense

IMHO

Presumably the purse is missing, so I have a hard time understanding how the ME could determine self-inflicted. I would think that either they would have to have someone verify that saw the actual occurrence of the injury or the body was found in a position that made it apparent that was how the injury occurred...or as I suspect either a poor choice of words OR how about this...they wanted the perp to have that information?? Something for them to chew on?? just brainstorming..

I think most people assume that the majority of people who suicide have a mental illness. (I don't think so. I've contemplated it seriously during a very difficult time and I do not suffer from anything other than anxiety).

I am sorry, I made this quote in response to a sleuther who labeled it a 'mental illness'.

I agree with you as stated in your quote above. Thank you for sharing.

Presumably the purse is missing, so I have a hard time understanding how the ME could determine self-inflicted. I would think that either they would have to have someone verify that saw the actual occurrence of the injury or the body was found in a position that made it apparent that was how the injury occurred...or as I suspect either a poor choice of words OR how about this...they wanted the perp to have that information?? Something for them to chew on?? just brainstorming..

Question: A family member cuts themselves while working on the car engine, is this 'self-inflicted' or 'accidental'?

It fits "Inflicted by oneself upon oneself" as an adj.

Question: A family member cuts themselves while working on the car engine, is this 'self-inflicted' or 'accidental'?

It fits "Inflicted by oneself upon oneself" as an adj.

I would think that was self inflicted..BUT.. how would the ME know unless they asked the family? I bet Stryker57 knows. And since it was put out there already by LE, I am assuming there is something to it or he may have commented. He's cleared up several other items.

I would think that was self inflicted..BUT.. how would the ME know unless they asked the family? I bet Stryker57 knows. And since it was put out there already by LE, I am assuming there is something to it or he may have commented. He's cleared up several other items.

Stryker57 stated that the family did not know of the cuts beforehand.

There is a definite reason LE released statement re: self inflicted cuts and blood on passenger seat and inside door. I'd like to think when Cheryl realized what was about to go down, she reached inside her purse for the only weapon she had (scissors), and stabbed the hell out of the perpetrator, causing perp to bleed. This would account for the importance of publicizing blood inside the car.

Brainstorming the h, e, double hockey sticks out of this!

MLT states the following in today's update: The Snohomish County medical examiner says the cause and manner of her death is still “pending further investigation.”

I am sorry, I made this quote in response to a sleuther who labeled it a 'mental illness'.

I agree with you as stated in your quote above. Thank you for sharing.

"Results: In all three groups, a high proportion of suicides suffered from mental illness before committing suicide (97% to 100%). The two most prevalent psychiatric disorders were depression and alcoholism, and the most common comorbid pattern was depression with substance use disorders. The risk for suicide was significantly associated with all of these psychiatric conditions, previous suicide attempts, and a family history of suicide and depression. Fifty-one percent of all suicides had consulted medical professionals in the previous month.

Conclusion: Despite the widely different rates of depressive illness and alcoholism in different cultures previously reported, the psychiatric antecedents of suicide are the same in the West and the East."

Mental Illness and Suicide
Andrew T. A. Cheng, MD, PhD, MRCPsych
http://archpsyc.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=497155

WhisperWorm - what if the phone was destroyed? such as being run over by a car? Would that be similar to the battery being removed?

The recent idea that she was possibly hit by a car stood out to me. However, I would think there would be more obvious signs of trauma that the ME would have released. And LE would likely ask the public to keep any eye of for a damaged vehicle. But I think the scenario is possible. Cheryl parks, starts walking toward P&R, realizes she forgot her badge, quickly texts carpooler, is running back to her car as to not keep her friend waiting, is stuck by a passing motorist. Driver panics, throws her body in the back of their truck/car, and quickly finds a place to dump her, and continues on to work.

I don't think suicide.

JMO

WhisperWorm - what if the phone was destroyed? such as being run over by a car? Would that be similar to the battery being removed?

The recent idea that she was possibly hit by a car stood out to me. However, I would think there would be more obvious signs of trauma that the ME would have released. And LE would likely ask the public to keep any eye of for a damaged vehicle. But I think the scenario is possible. Cheryl parks, starts walking toward P&R, realizes she forgot her badge, quickly texts carpooler, is running back to her car as to not keep her friend waiting, is stuck by a passing motorist. Driver panics, throws her body in the back of their truck/car, and quickly finds a place to dump her, and continues on to work.

I don't think suicide.

JMO

"Detectives learned that the phone was “powered down” shortly after DeBoer’s last text."

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160216/NEWS01/160219330

Could "powered down" be interpreted different ways? Or does this statement confirm that someone did in fact hold down the power button and turn off the phone?

I'm inclined to take things at face value. The carpool friend continued to contact Cheryl, but there was no response. Police have said that the phone was "powered down", so I'm assuming they know that to be true.

Do you feel like me that to be able to read the equation - Living House - Badge forgotten - Text to carpool friend - Found in the culvert - we must like have to go against a strong tide?

I mean nothing of this makes sense! Can't, can't be! We all here feel it!

Things couldn't have happened as we think/have been told!! No way!

Cheryl didn't send those texts! Cheryl didn't forget any badge!

I am so sorry, but this is in my mind and she needs justice! She has no voice anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130