Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm inclined to take things at face value. The carpool friend continued to contact Cheryl, but there was no response. Police have said that the phone was "powered down", so I'm assuming they know that to be true.

The phone was powered down not to be able to ping anymore! For no one to know where it would be dumped! Oh my!

Could "powered down" be interpreted different ways? Or does this statement confirm that someone did in fact hold down the power button and turn off the phone?

My understanding is that just by turning off a phone, it still can be traced (cell towers etc.) . In order to make the phone untraceable, either the battery needs to be taken out or I think putting it in "airplane mode" will stop the signal as well. Otherwise the phone will still send a signal even when powered down. So lets hope it was "powered down" and that LE has maybe some indication where it was at some point.

WhisperWorm - what if the phone was destroyed? such as being run over by a car? Would that be similar to the battery being removed?
JMO

If the phone was completely destroyed to where there was no power available to the circuitry of the phone, then that would be interpreted by the cellular network (tower) as a hard shutdown, such as the battery being removed. That wasn't the case here, per Pickard, though.

Well, the fact that so much information isn't being shared...that they didn't find any trauma on her, that they are awaiting toxicology reports, that the community does not have anything to worry about...

I think they may be waiting for confirmed report on toxicology/self-inflicted act.

Surprised it takes so long...different tests have to be run?

Strychnine poisoning? Or some other toxin through cuts? Cuts not described well.

Well, the fact that so much information isn't being shared...that they didn't find any trauma on her, that they are awaiting toxicology reports, that the community does not have anything to worry about...

I think they may be waiting for confirmed report on toxicology/self-inflicted act.

It hasn't been said if there was 'trauma on her' or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still having trouble with 'self-inflicted'. I automatically think 'intentionally'. JMO

I had the same questions about self inflicted vs accidental. Stryker57 addressed it back in post #565.

snipped by me: #565 [I]Family wasn't aware of the cuts before she went missing. Self inflicted could also mean she reached for something and accidentally cut herself on a sharp object. Doesn't necessarily mean her intent was to cut her own finger.[/I]

On February 17, the public had been asked to pay attention, select well lit parking spaces, and to call 911 if they saw anything unusual. In my opinion, that does not translate to: "the community does not have anything to worry about."

"Police said Wednesday that a number of search warrants have been executed and a ”significant” amount of evidence had been collected, some pending lab and forensic analysis.

Police also reiterated that people need to pay attention to their surroundings at all times. “Do you see someone or something strange or out of place? If so, please call 911 and report it. Select parking spaces in well-lighted areas if possible and avoid parking in remote areas if you can,” police wrote in a news release."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-mountlake-terrace-woman-some-arm-themselves/

If police did not view this as a suspicious homicide, they would not be parked at the Park and Ride parking lot.

"Indeed, fliers with photos of DeBoer were posted on nearly every newspaper box at the busy commuter center Wednesday, and a Mountlake Terrace police car was parked in the lot.

DeBoer’s last known destination was the park and ride, before she was reported missing by her husband on Feb. 8. A search for the 53-year-old woman ended Sunday when her body was found in a culvert about one and a half miles from the lot."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-mountlake-terrace-woman-some-arm-themselves/

I think LE has treated this case as a suspicious death, and possible homicide, from the start, as is proper for any unexplained death. We will have to wait and see what the final determination is.

:seeya: Time to move on to a fresh thread. I'll be back shortly with the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab