OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
2- the Facebook post of CRjr with the TOM PETTY song lyrics -- does anyone else believe the timing of that post may be very significant? Anyone have any speculation about why a 16 yr old would post that? Was it a macho play or a broadcast warning to someone? If the second, would it be necessary for the recepiant to also be on FACEBOOK? bbm

First of all those are not Tom Petty lyrics, it's from the Rhett Walker Band. 2nd, teen aged boys are known for bravado plus it was posted over a month ago.

WOW I am rusty at this. Not sure why you would say the lyrics are not Tom Petty's? Here is one link. http://www.metrolyrics.com/i-wont-back-down-lyrics-tom-petty.html I am sure you can also see him perform the song on Youtube. What song of Rhett Walker has these same lyrics?

let me guess, I missed the presser :(

So in trying to get up to speed on what was missed - pot farming was discovered at two of the properties. Did they mention how large the operations were? Small or large scale?

Starting on CNN.

They are keeping the crime scenes secure.

They will be going to the wooded areas of the scenes to make sure nothing has been missed in the woods. Team of 38 people. (Didn't catch where the team was from.)

Attorney general is going to give a summary of what has been done so far. They have gotten over 100 tips. Between 50-60 interviews. Continuing with interviews. 5 search warrants. 4 crime scenes have been worked.

Factoid: I grew up near Dayton. When I was i high school Mike Dewine was our local State Representative and would come in and talk to our government classes.

Good grief, I've been saying since the beginning they should've been checking those woods. They're just now doing it? SMH

the movement reported on twitter and the announcement that there will be a 4:30 presser makes me hopeful that we are getting closer to hearing more facts on this one. And maybe an arrest or two? I am still trying to process how a family deals with the loss of 8 members in such a way. I can't imagine how overwhelming. Then add that LE was worried the family was specifically targeted and add that worry for the survivors safety. Man oh man I hope this indicates LE has a good idea of what happened, why and who.
AND they're trying to care for two infants and a 3 year old while mourning these losses. :( I can't imagine.

They will be going to the wooded areas of the scenes to make sure nothing has been missed in the woods. Team of 38 people. (Didn't catch where the team was from.)

Everything seems is being handled by Ohio LE. No mention of any FBI involvement, though not surprised.

Surprised they're just now sending people out into the woods. One would think they should have done that yesterday.

ETA: DeWine saying this will be a lengthy investigation. Won't provide any results. I get the feeling they don't know who did it. Hope they reconsider and get some outside help.

18 pieces of evidence are at state crime lab. Being looked at by DNA people.

I dont feel like someone was killed because they seen something.four crime scenes,most sleeping in bed.although LE not releasing much,from what we know nobody tried to get help or run,etc.jmo
I feel like you misread my post. I never thought or said the family members saw anything that night. I was just throwing out another scenario. Since they all lived so close to one another, I would assume they were a very close knit family. If someone in the family had been having some kind of conflict with another person, maybe the prep thought it had been discussed with other family members. Maybe it had been, but we'll probably never know.
The perp could have wanted to eliminate everyone who MIGHT have been able to point the finger at him. That's all I meant, and it is just another theory.
It's obviously someone who knew this family members very well.

That doesn't actually sound like a lot given the number of scenes and victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member