OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they were supposed to dispose of a vehicle (or a number of vehicles), decided to sell them and make some money instead?

Yeah, I dunno. Doesn't sound big enough to me. Disposing of, to my mind, would likely include selling, after switching VINS, a paint job, whatever.

But the same folks who buy wholesale for distribution tend to have their own disciplinary problems at the street level. Folks try to move in on established territory, or don't manage the cash to make good when merchandise is fronted to them. In the city, it's not at all uncommon for a killing to appear in the news and then disappear--frequently because nobody but family cares too much. And then months or years later there will be some major take-down that leads to resolution of some murder from two years back.

I think (JMO) that the cars are pretty much incidental to a larger, and illegal, business. Because they are tinkering with cars anyway, and because they have this other connection anyway, they are poised to offer a convenient service to some folks who are jammed up up in the city.

I continue to believe that whatever spurred this execution was either a move that cut out a major distributor (by switching to someone else or by attempting to go it alone) or else the suspicion (whether true or not) that the Rhodens were working with LE. Either one of those would put an organization in major jeopardy.

There is a bigger picture for me.

To begin with, I'm not debating this again with those that don't agree.

Almost everything the AG has said has ended up being contradicted by.his own words.

He said his word is gold the other day, it is official.

He said later they were turning the property back over to the family, this was long after the commercial grow op was known.

So now.. He said it is going back to the family, we should be able to take that to the bank.

So now, let's see..

Im prepared this time. Bought a new bottle of ibuprofen for the awaiting headache !

I think it was really sad. Bobby Hilton was clearly loved tremendously by Dana Rhoden. She posted to his FB page nearly every day after his death for like two years. Based on everything that has been reported about her, she sounds like she was a very loving person.
I find that odd. JMO.

Im prepared this time. Bought a new bottle of ibuprofen for the awaiting headache !
Pro-active gotta love it! 😉

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

"There were no new developments announced in the case Thursday. A dive team from Franklin County reportedly was checking out a location on Union Hill Road, the long road on which the Rhoden properties is located. Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Ohio Attorney General, said the divers were not working the homicide investigation."

This is why I don't trust some of the things they say. The Dive Team from Columbus just happens to be checking out a location on the same isolated country road where the murders just occurred, but their investigation is unrelated to the murders? Do they take us for fools?

They weren't actually investigating anything. They were at the crime scene, "securing it". I don't believe they ever put on their gear.

Anyone have or come across any info on how cars are tied into any cartel, or illegal trade/traffcking?
Not yet, but I wouldn't be surprised by personal vehicles being removed and processed. Seems they have something specific in mind removing a bunch of these vehicles.

I am a newbie jumping in here so forgive me if this has been discussed. There is too much to read. Also just getting familiar with the rules.

But here is what I am stuck on as I research the case. The Rhodens and their car businsess. The latest one in particular that Dana Rhoden was posting about (can we name names here?). I've seen some discussion on this salvage company. Their PO box being in Peebles. When I did a search on who it was registered to it comes up JonaLee White. I googled her and one of the first things it mentions is her baby registry with the man that owns the place the rhodens all claimed to work in Lucasville.

Further search shows the owner of this place to work has several businesses so why put the salvage company in your country singer girlfriends name? One company of interest associated with his name is a medical company. Chris SR. also has this adams medical company.

Who would have a lot to hide? Who is smart enough to pull this off? A business person big in town or out of town? For one of the most sophisticated operations Dewine has ever seen, this was not just the rhodens setting this operation up. Who did all 8 of these people know? Who around them do we know had money and interested in various business ventures like the rhodens seem to be as well. This person gave a quote to the news saying Chris Jr. asked him what he cuold do for money just the week before the murder.

Now this Salvage company that is on FB that Dana posted about, I think that's what/who they were dealing with in recent weeks. That is connected to the owner of their company they all "work" for. The same peebles address the company has listed in filings has another company with this guys name on it.

A search for him shows little. He seems VERY private. I found a picture by digging but that took me awhile. I think they need to follow this.

I'm sure this has been mentioned, I am a new member and will read the next few days but there is a ton and it will take me forever.

I just can't get this out of my head. This connects the rhodens with someone local involved in what seems to be a shady car venture, they all list that they work at the place he owns, and this man has various business ventures too as well as FUNDS to make the things they were donig happen. I don't even know if drugs connects all 8 people but the cars do. I think this has less to do with pot and more to do with whatever they were doing with this car business. That would make sense why Gary was in town "working on cars"

My opionion only. Just find these connections extremely interesting

http://www.bizapedia.com/oh/SCIOTO-RIVER-TRADING-COMPANY-LLC.html

On the issue of property, In My Very Humble Opinion, if property and/or other assets that might have been subject to seizure upon a possible conviction for an alleged grow operation are now preserved for living descendants because the possibility of conviction has been removed, this may be a very positive outcome for the victim's family. IMO, preserving inheritance and maintaining multi-generational ties to land may, or may not, have been an influential factor in the events. For me, this "windmill" has been viewed from several different directions over past few days.
The factual information available to support or negate the relevance of Estate and asset distribution issues with regard to the potential seizure or loss through other means is extremely limited at this time, so I hope my opinions are within the rules. If not, I apologize. I am not an expert in Ohio and Kentucky estate law. I do not know the order of deaths, order of descendants, or Will and/or Intestate status.

Conviction has nothing to do with it. Asset seizure - any assets, including cash and dope and cars - literally anything, can be taken merely because LE decided it MAY have been used in or acquired through the commission of a crime. They can just take it without due process. Big problem right now.

https://www.aclu.org/issues/criminal-law-reform/reforming-police-practices/asset-forfeiture-abuse

ETA: They can take your real estate, too.

They weren't actually investigating anything. They were at the crime scene, "securing it". I don't believe they ever put on their gear.

But that begs the question we've been asking. Go back a few pages.

"There were no new developments announced in the case Thursday. A dive team from Franklin County reportedly was checking out a location on Union Hill Road, the long road on which the Rhoden properties is located. Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Ohio Attorney General, said the divers were not working the homicide investigation."

This is why I don't trust some of the things they say. The Dive Team from Columbus just happens to be checking out a location on the same isolated country road where the murders just occurred, but their investigation is unrelated to the murders? Do they take us for fools?
They made a statement, I can't find it now.. They said clearly. They were there "holding the scene" and that's the words they used.

http://www.insightcrime.org/news-briefs/colombia-illegal-car-trade-worth-3-billion

"Half of all car parts sold in Colombia come from stolen vehicles, and that's just one segment of a transnational black market trade worth billions of dollars.

According to a recent report by El Tiempo, every year close to 25,000 cars are stolen in the United States, Venezuela, and Ecuador, taken apart, and then smuggled into Colombia. Combined with the car parts stolen from vehicles in Colombia, this black market trade is worth an estimated $3.9 billion a year."

Apparently, and maybe and name change is in order for us, to include *hyphen, fools*¡

I am a newbie jumping in here so forgive me if this has been discussed. There is too much to read. Also just getting familiar with the rules.

But here is what I am stuck on as I research the case. The Rhodens and their car businsess. The latest one in particular that Dana Rhoden was posting about (can we name names here?). I've seen some discussion on this salvage company. Their PO box being in Peebles. When I did a search on who it was registered to it comes up JonaLee White. I googled her and one of the first things it mentions is her baby registry with the man that owns the place the rhodens all claimed to work in Lucasville.

Further search shows the owner of this place to work has several businesses so why put the salvage company in your country singer girlfriends name? One company of interest associated with his name is a medical company. Chris SR. also has this adams medical company.

Who would have a lot to hide? Who is smart enough to pull this off? A business person big in town or out of town? For one of the most sophisticated operations Dewine has ever seen, this was not just the rhodens setting this operation up. Who did all 8 of these people know? Who around them do we know had money and interested in various business ventures like the rhodens seem to be as well. This person gave a quote to the news saying Chris Jr. asked him what he cuold do for money just the week before the murder.

Now this Salvage company that is on FB that Dana posted about, I think that's what/who they were dealing with in recent weeks. That is connected to the owner of their company they all "work" for. The same peebles address the company has listed in filings has another company with this guys name on it.

A search for him shows little. He seems VERY private. I found a picture by digging but that took me awhile. I think they need to follow this.

I'm sure this has been mentioned, I am a new member and will read the next few days but there is a ton and it will take me forever.

I just can't get this out of my head. This connects the rhodens with someone local involved in what seems to be a shady car venture, they all list that they work at the place he owns, and this man has various business ventures too as well as FUNDS to make the things they were donig happen. I don't even know if drugs connects all 8 people but the cars do. I think this has less to do with pot and more to do with whatever they were doing with this car business. That would make sense why Gary was in town "working on cars"

http://www.bizapedia.com/oh/SCIOTO-R...MPANY-LLC.html

sorry if this came through twice, im learning!

http://www.bizapedia.com/oh/SCIOTO-RIVER-TRADING-COMPANY-LLC.html

I think you are on the right track. And yes, we've been looking at these connections.

Interestingly the website for the Scioto River Company was registered and built by a little computer tech company in Kentucky. Not sure why the Scioto biz would use a business out of state to register and build their website, maybe it's nothing...

ETA - Registered and business is in Ashland, Kentucky
I'm several pages behind and confused about the famous person who started the SRC. If someone can please say on here who it is or send me a PM, I would appreciate it. I looked but can't find the name. Thanks! And just curious is all.

Exactly, they left it wide open. This is just more politicial spin.

Everything said is worded so very carefully.

http://www.bizapedia.com/oh/SCIOTO-R...MPANY-LLC.html

sorry if this came through twice, im learning!

And, given how corrupt law enforcement seems to be in those areas, I would not be surprised if this was a professional hit job involving a cop, ex-cop, or someone with law enforcement training and background.

Anyone have or come across any info on how cars are tied into any cartel, or illegal trade/traffcking?

I will have to dig for anything specifically relating to Ohio/Kentucky, but car theft in other locales is often connected to drug trafficking organizations, including cartels.

A couple of samples:

To smuggle drugs, weapons or humans across the border, criminals need not only disregard for the law, but also spacious vehicles.

That's why in the Valley pick-ups are the most commonly stolen vehicles.

http://valleycentral.com/news/local/police-drug-cartels-paying-up-to-2000-for-stolen-cars?id=1071209

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - More than 20 people were arrested Thursday morning around New Mexico in connection to an international auto theft and drug trafficking ring.

The Department of Homeland Security said the ring has ties to the Sinaloa Drug Cartel.

Authorities said criminals would ship stolen luxury vehicles from the southwestern U.S. to Mexico in exchange for meth and heroin.

With the help of two people who worked at the MVD, the thieves were able to switch VIN numbers on the stolen cars.

More than 300 law enforcement members served 12 simultaneous search warrants Thursday morning. During the operation, agents and officers recovered seven guns, cocaine, heroin and meth.

http://m.koat.com/news/22-arrested-in-car-theft-ring-tied-to-drug-cartel/26677598

The investigation began when the Arizona Department of Public Safety learned of a scheme involving luxury vehicles being stolen off car lots in Albuquerque. The car theft ring was allegedly working for the Sinaloa drug cartel, and may have stolen hundreds of vehicles in Arizona, Utah, Oklahoma and New Mexico. The vehicles were then allegedly shipped to Mexico in exchange for the drugs.

http://krqe.com/2014/06/26/22-arrested-in-drug-car-theft-ring/

Texas DPS has investigation units that focus specifically on vehicle theft. Very often those investigations reveal drug and/or human trafficking and become part of much broader state and federal investigations.

They made a statement, I can find it now.. They said clearly. They were there "holding the scene" and that's the words they used.

Am I crazy thinking that someone from the media seconded this? I could swear there was a blurb that said they were in the driveway or on the road for a couple hours doing nothing. Never put on gear or anything.

And, given how corrupt law enforcement seems to be in those areas, I would not be surprised if this was a professional hit job involving a cop, ex-cop, or someone with law enforcement training and background.

Slightly O/T, there is a thread created today for the 32 federal indictments that did in fact utilize a police officer for "hits".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000