TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome4: BATBRAT!

I'm very happy you have joined us. Your first post was amazing! Thank you for sharing!

I 'm not going to try to go back and catch up. I saw yesterday something about the killer ' possibly recording the murder' . Was that from LE ? Is that speculation from NG ?
If it is true, then it leads me to think A ) it was for someone else or to show to a third party that it actually happened or B ) this perp loathed Missy so much they wanted to enjoy and later relive the experience.

I bet Missy's children are terrified. Can you imagine after losing their mom , to know her killer could be anywhere ? I hope this can be wrapped up quickly and I hope the kids are surrounded by family and safety and don't feel afraid on top of feeling lost and alone and full of grief . :please: LE, may today be the day!

ETA I did go back and find a post re: recording and see that wording was in the SW but not necessarily they feel it was done. Let's just hope it was NOT done for the sake of Missy's family.

Does anyone have a link to the image of the close up of the killers eyes? I thought I did but can't find it anywhere. TIA.

Originally Posted by verbonica View Post
I agree with your first paragraph. I wondered that too, but the police description has her entering through the Front Main Entry too. IDK, maybe that carport area door lock was not working and she had to go to the front?

The second part of your post about Aj. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that he was running his own separate session of CG somewhere else that day, and was not a part of Missy's class.

I have to find the link but IIRC it says the front main entrance by the covered awning. Thats where her vehicle was parked. And I pretty sure he running his own sessions too. But he and MB both used same type stuff memes and such. And the Chief said she had moved it inside due to the weather. So just saying that appear to be their protocol. JMHO

IIRC the LEO said that she went the

Per Exhibit A of the Application and Affidavit in Support of Evidentiary Search Warrant to get MB iPhone and iPad from the MPD,http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-11&p=12530959#post12530959

Pg 6/8 At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building
through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on
video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west corner of the interior of the
building. Missy Bevers pg 6 of 8 affidavit to search iphone ipad.JPG

This is the Front of the Church but it def would not be giving any cover from rain, nor lighting at 5:00 a.m. terri missy bevers creekside church rooms front building.jpg

MB did write Front Awning in April 17 but again I see no cover <modsnip>

March 9th MB addressed it like this <modsnip>
JMHO, since her truck was parked under the Covered Drive /Awning and they worked out on that side parking lot, its my belief thats where she entered in. JMHO

I'm bothered/confused that Missy would have walked into a building that may have had obvious signs of being burglarized (assuming the killer had also caused damage around the area where Missy entered the Church). I know some people think she may have seen the murderer and thought he was a police officer, but I don't buy that argument. Police officers don't wear swat gear and almost completely cover their faces when they respond to a burglary. And with no visible police cars outside, why would she think this person was actually a cop? The answer is that I don't think she did, but that doesn't explain why she didn't immediately leave and call 911 after seeing the church had been broken into and vandalized.

I saw the Nancy Grace map that shows where she entered vs where she parked and perhaps that distance played a roll in how she handled the situation. Could the killer have chased her out and dragged her back in before she could make a call or get back to her vehicle? Did she have her phone on her? or was it in her vehicle? Or, perhaps she mistakenly felt the burglary happened much earlier and wasn't fearful that the person or persons responsible were still in the building and decided to see the scope of the damage before calling police??? Nevertheless, it bothers me as to what the circumstances were that she did not immediately call 911 and I feel like there is something missing that could explain why.

If this was some kind of botched burglary, that person would have likely fled the building at the first sight or sound of someone approaching. Though, if this was a calculated killing, how did this person know they could lie in wait without Missy calling the police when she first arrived. How did they know she would not return to her vehicle and call police? It doesn't make much sense to me, unless the killer had a plan to put her guard down, like seeing or hearing someone familiar to her. Perhaps the killer spoke to her in a familiar voice, or removed their disquise to lure her in.

Welcome to Websleuths!

bbm

first bbm, IIRC nothing has been said about her phone, it was not something that has been listed as found in or out of her truck.
second bbm, IIRC She was in the process of unloading equipment from the truck, as in she had been in the building and still had stuff in the truck that was had not got in yet.
third bbm, I had not given that a thought, according to LE there is not video of the attack, and IIRC there was a period of time that nothing is seen. Is it possible that swat person took off the outfit and either did or didn't put it back on being they left, to me that is a possibility. jmo idk

I wonder - PURE SPECULATION - if the perp left something that was supposed to blow up? A bomb at a church might bring in some big agencies.

Or, the trouble with the stolen guns that was posted here...perhaps the manpower is limited locally right now because of that case, and perhaps the big agencies are already in town because of that internal case.

??

Total wild guesses to put on the table. It does seem strange that one woman's murder in a small town would attract so many LE agencies. JMO

This is a good point. You may be on to something .

That is just crazy that you can buy an entire cellphone for $20, and yet Apple charges that much for a charger cable.

DH goes through cell phones like underwear so I get the cheapest I can find. I have bought them at Dollar General for less than $10 .

Just watched the news. Police are saying don't expect any arrest soon.

Bummer.

What a curious thing to say ? I'm trying to remember if I've heard that before in a case. Seems it would make more sense to say nothing at all and keep working the case than to ' give the impression you have no real leads and no real idea who you're looking for ' . :thinking:

At first I was sure this would be solved quickly. How could there be so many possible suspects? Now I don't know what I think. All the agencies involved make this seem like something else must be going on. Women are killed all the time and don't get this level of investigation. It's a head scratcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batbrat -

Hey, these pics are really cool but they've already stated they believe the suspect to be 5'8-9 <modsnip> Also, both Bevers men you are referring to were out of state during the attack. Although it is possible that since BB's flight arrived at around 7 pm he would have had enough time to drive back and commit the murder. You may be right with the fake shoes comment, could be that a female is trying to frame some male, or pose as a male by wearing men's large shoes, knowing they'd take footprints. Also, FYI, the man MB was flirting with online is a pro MMA fighter and his bio puts him at 5'8. He's handsome, 27, married. <modsnip> He's also Vice President of a company. One other note, the perp in video comes across as either old or a female because of the listlessness with which they move. I don't think this was a fit young athletic aggressive male at all. How a female would be able to get her close enough to attack I do not know. Either an ambush, with or without gunshot, or familiarity.

MOO speculative post: If it's a hired hitman, and he is the one risking Ol' Sparky, then he is going to want no contact with the person hiring him. I think there might be an intermediary. And a hitman would want control and not trust the ordinary people who hired him. So being a professional, he would have various burner phones from various places that he purchases along the way over years. When he takes a job, he selects two - one for him, and one for the intermediary to mail to the person who hired him. These phones will have whatever area codes, like one in New York and one in Atlanta. The hitman is the only one who knows both numbers. He only uses the phone this one time, send his photos or msg, that phone is disappeared. XX (pick a suspect) only receives one msg on his phone showing/telling him job complete, and has been instructed to eliminate that phone forever, complete destruction (smash to bits, burn in BBQ). Filming the murder is proof, but it is also a long term threat against payment (I did this, pay me or else). The AT&T warrant is a tower dump for all traffic from 3-5AM on the 18th. This may be why they are pointing at New York today, but it is to pressure the person who wanted MB dead who may think the hitman came from there. Also in the "Your Affiant's Probable Cause" section, LE only states that there may be useful data based on over 90% of adults in the US having a cell phone. I thought NG made it sound like LE was certain there was cell phone activity with the murderer - but it is not that way. I am not convinced a hitman takes a cell phone at all.

"Additionally, your Affiant has relied upon his common experience, as well as informational
research obtained (demonstrating that over ninety percent of American adults own a cell
phone and a substantial percentage of such cell phones possess smart phone

capabilities) in establishing that the vast majority of the populous own, possess, utilize,
and carry on or about their person (or withintheir vehicle) a cell phone on a regular and
constant basis, and consequently, Affiant has further probable cause to believe that at
the specific location of the Creekside Church, and on the relevant date and time described
above, that the unknown suspect did in fact possess a cell phone,and said cell phone
transmitted and/orreceived and/or captured electronic/digitalsignals (electronic/digital
signatures) to/from the cell tower system within the relevant geographic area."

AT&T .pdf on page 1 of this thread

If this was a hit, which I am leaning towards, you bring up a good point. The perp needs to be paid, and this is not easy to do. Tracing an exchange of money is a little easier to do, than tracing a burner phone. Like you, I think there were probably one or more intermediaries in this process. Maybe LE is sorting this all out, in order to present an airtight case.

IMHO

I wish there was more walking in the section where the glass is being hammered out, but in addition to some subtleties in the posture and movement patterns in that particular section of video the feet also look very proportionally correct to the body, and the shoes don't appear oversized at all. I wouldn't say that's the case for the rest of the video.

That is also the part of the video where I thought the perp looked thinner. But I thought maybe it's just a different camera angle? I don't know! Two different people seemed far-fetched to me, but it's weird how the build looked different.

Working on my personal detailed Timeline, I came across this Document in Scribd that does NOT have the names redacted. Only the numbers. Also it occurred to me that these individuals are AT&T customers. So I would think there will be some other Search Warrants for other carriers coming soon. Affidavits/Warrants already written, signed, executed and probably already rec'd back from AT&T and other Carriers. Think about the volume of info they are getting back to go over. Potential evidence set in stone.

MB iPhone and iPad Search warrant:
April 19 Affidavit for MB iPhone and iPad was written
WHEREFORE, Your Affiant, respectfully requests that this court grant authorization for
Midlothian Police Department personnel to conduct a thorough forensic examination and
extraction of the electronic devices owned by Terri Leann Bevers. These specific electronic
devices are One (1) Apple iPhone 6, Model: A1549 IMEI Number:35699006428811027 and
One (1) iPad, Model: A1396, S/N: DN6GWJNJDKNV.
April 19 Judge signed Search Warrant
April 20 Warrant was Executed
April 28 Warrant was notarized
May 3 filed for Record as is required by Texas law

From the Search Warrant to AT&T for Targeted #s

Snip:
NOW THEREFORE, this court hereby orders AT&T to provide historical record information,
facilities, and technical assistance to provide the Midlothian Police Department (herein-after
includes all other persons identified above) with the services and information related to these
identified Mobile Directory Numbers here and after to be referred to as "Target Numbers":

Also ;) Suspect thinking about chunking their phone but using the same Carrier? . They got that covered too, they also got all these Warrants prior to and after the murder date and hopefully this brings info the Suspect never realized could be found

1. The following is ordered to be provided, if available, for the time period of 03/01/2016 to
present day 04/24/2016;
6. Should the cellular/wireless number/equipment which is the current target of this Order have
changed, during the requested period, including the MINs/MSIDs, MDNs, ESNs, MEIDs, IMEls,
IMSls, ICCIDs, PUKs, IP addresses, PINs and/or MAC addresses, or combinations thereof,
have been changed by the subscribers during the period of time(s) covered by this Order, then
this Order will apply to any other MINs/MSIDs, MDNs, ESNs, MEIDs, IMEls, IMSls, ICCIDs,
PUKs, IP addresses, and/or MAC addresses.

7. That all call detail, direct connect, subscriber, numeric messages, alpha-numeric/text
messages, and any related records and/or access be provided, upon the specific request of
officers/agents/designees of specific data from specific time period within the confines of
this , Order, in an electronic format specified by agents/officers/designees.

Notice too all the agencies listed. (one of the Investigators in this case is a deputized US Marshal ;) ) He can go anywhere
Missy Bevers Warrant Target numbers 1.JPGMissy Bevers Warrant Target numbers 2.JPG

I am not caught up, and doubt i will get caught up but i read a quote up thread.
Don't expect an arrest anytime soon??? Geebers!! What is going on

Does anyone know if AT's classes have been suffering? <modsnip>

Are Missy's parents living? Have any of her own immediate family members said anything else in msm that can be shared?

Her mom and brothers are alive. She lost her dad in the last (2?) years but they have not spoken to anyone at this time.

The prosecutor might want to borrow these for the trial........................

The defense may want these images as well, if neither BB nor RB is the killer. Imagine the ways in which a defense attorney could use these images to help defend his client by creating reasonable doubt, by trying to show that the Bevers men seem to have the right body type/shape, but the person on trial maybe doesn't. I could see a use for both sides, depending on who is arrested/on trial.

New to Websleuths. My first post.

My area of interest and study is mainly anatomy and kinesiology. I have made my own evaluation of the surveillance footage, compiling physical trait similarities of Bevers family members to the suspect.

This is amazing, Batbrat, and confirms what I saw but don't know the science behind. Thank you for sharing. [emoji1303] You've shared this with LE, I assume? [emoji51]

(I sent along a similarly presented observation—photos comparisons and notations—and received an email back from one of the lead investigators, so they do take tips and insight seriously.)

I am not caught up, and doubt i will get caught up but i read a quote up thread.
Don't expect an arrest anytime soon??? Geebers!! What is going on

Someone said they heard that on the local news, but is there a link saying that? I might have missed it.

The beating so hard you puncture the head face neck and chest could indicate either a jealous female or male, or someone who wants to "shut her up" for good. If there was also a gunshot involved, this person didn't just want her dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dorsa50