IL - Six Martinez family members murdered, Chicago, 4 Feb 2016 *Arrests* *guilty*

I will honestly be shocked if this turns out to be a 'mistaken identity' type of case. I was immediately skeptical when I saw the headline and thought like you jjenny (LE doesn't have a clue yet) or like you Bessie (LE is just putting something out there to avoid answering questions re: their investigation).

Obviously I am not privy to any aspects of the investigation, but from what I have read, the "wrongly targeted" angle just doesn't ring true. It has happened before though, so I guess at this point, it's a possibility (just as all of the other possible motives that LE have brought forward to this point are).

Any updates on this?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

A couple, boyfriend related to family ......trying to rob his family

Uribe is the male charged who is related.

Dna and cell phone records led to arrest. Uribe and his gf admitted to the crime.....

Senseless and horrific. Glad there has been arrests made!!! Ty for posting the updates!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

"Neighbor Martika Williams sat on her front stoop, relieved to know that police had caught the killers, but shocked at the identity of the suspects.

Uribe was a frequent visitor to the house, and a favorite of his young cousins, recalled Williams.
[Uribe] played with those kids all the time. That family loved him,” she said. “This is not no random thing. This is someone that loved them kids, and those little kids loved him.”
From: http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/crime/143037019-story

This makes me ill. The injuries to this family were absolutely horrific and show extreme overkill. How does someone do this to their family? To anyone???

I'm grateful suspects have been arrested, but deeply angered by the idea of anyone committing such horrific crimes against family. I'm reminded of the article which described how the couple often helped others who were struggling to get on their feet. It's maddening!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12336806

I agree this was total overkill. Additionally local msm has reported the couple charged are young parents to a two yr old. I find myself wondering if they were on drugs while committing these murders. I can't imagine this kind of overkill not being under the influence of something.

I agree this was total overkill. Additionally local msm has reported the couple charged are young parents to a two yr old. I find myself wondering if they were on drugs while committing these murders. I can't imagine this kind of overkill not being under the influence of something.

I've been wondering that myself. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that someone could have caused this much carnage without being under the influence. I get that there could have been rage, but this even seems beyond rage to me. To have the strength and energy to inflict all those injuries on six people, I don't know how they would do it without being on something. JMO.

Per local ABC7 news, the peeps stole 500 and some odd dollars along with an Xbox. So 6 people were "slaughtered" for that....... I wonder if LWOP and their child growing up without his or her parents is worth it.
Life for people who can easily be expected to live another 50 years is a loooong time.

Cases like this make me almost wish Illinois still had the DP.

Just flabbergasted by this. I also think maybe while under the influence, they went into rage( possibly for refusing to give them money to buy drugs). Otherwise how can they stab Mr. Martinez 40 times? Or kill the little ones he used to play.
I also think they might have felt overconfident that they won't be caught. Otherwise they would made a beeline to Mexico.

Per local ABC7 news, the peeps stole 500 and some odd dollars along with an Xbox. So 6 people were "slaughtered" for that....... I wonder if LWOP and their child growing up without his or her parents is worth it.
Life for people who can easily be expected to live another 50 years is a loooong time.

Cases like this make me almost wish Illinois still had the DP.

This reminds me of the case of the six people massacred in Florida in 2004, over an Xbox game. They were stabbed and beaten to death with baseball bats. Two killers were sentenced to death, and two others to LWOP.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...es-found-in-Deltona-mass-murder-6-August-2004

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betts79
Back