IL - Six Martinez family members murdered, Chicago, 4 Feb 2016 *Arrests* *guilty*

Why not shoot them all, it's easier than stabbing them?

oh….hadn't thought of that. this one does look like a brutal cartel type hit. They do kill entire families sometimes. :cry:
Cartels have a large presence in Chicagoland. Sinaloa, of course (El Chapo was named Public Enemy No. 1 last year); and Guerreros Unidos also has an active cell operating there. I don't know the motive for killing this poor family, but the two most plausible, based on the circumstances we know, are jilted lover -- IF the woman was seeing someone -- and a cartel hit.

Why would a husband go to Mexico and leave a family behind here? Usually, it's the other way around. When it does happen, often the husband is hiding from LE, or his enemies on the street. Or both. Sometimes LE is looking for the guy, and his cohorts are trying to get to him first to make sure he doesn't talk. If they can't find him, they'll kill family members instead in a gruesome, merciless manner.

I sincerely hope this isn't the case, because it will be more difficult to solve if a cartel is involved.

This is from July 2015.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-kass-cartel-met-0716-20150715-column.html

I hate to think that the father could have stabbed his young sons to death. I know, I know, it happens. But it does not seem to make sense in this case. It feels more like an angry estranged relative or an ex boyfriend that was really angry and high on something. :sigh:

eta: unless of course the father was in Mexico because he was kicked out of the home...

Someone misread this earlier. The father OF THE BOYS WHO LIVED IN THE HOUSE is in Mexico. The father did NOT live in the home.

Someone misread this earlier. The father OF THE BOYS WHO LIVED IN THE HOUSE is in Mexico. The father did NOT live in the home.

The ones who took most of the evilness was the elderly mother, and her son. They were both beaten and stabbed (he more so, according to reports)

Papi and grandsons were stabbed, the mother of the boys shot.

The ones who took most of the evilness was the elderly mother, and her son. They were both beaten and stabbed (he more so, according to reports)

Papi and grandsons were stabbed, the mother of the boys shot.

Maybe he fought back longer and harder?

Investigators are still trying to determine a possible motive. Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said late Friday that it's possible someone in the family "was involved in something that could have targeted them," or that the killings occurred during a robbery or a domestic incident.

Investigators are still trying to determine a possible motive. Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said late Friday that it's possible someone in the family "was involved in something that could have targeted them," or that the killings occurred during a robbery or a domestic incident.

"This appears certainly centered and targeted on that family, and what we're trying to do is figure out why," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-found-dead-chicago-home-targeted-36754611

Why not shoot them all, it's easier than stabbing them?

Shooting is loud. Stabbing not so much. Maybe whoever did it was concerned about neighbors hearing shots (although one of the victims was shot). But since there were multiple victims, the killer could have been concerned if he shot one victim, other victims were going to hear and run away? Or possibly more than one killer? One using a knife, another a gun?

Still no arrests.

Vigil held for murdered family in Gage Park
By Evelyn Holmes and Michelle Gallardo
Sunday, February 07, 2016 10:26PM

[...]

Meanwhile, police have made no arrests. Investigators returned to the home again on Sunday, taking one of the family's vehicles.

Grief, Sadness Surrounds Killing of Illinois Mexican Family
by Daniela Franco
Feb 8 2016, 1:56 pm ET

[...]

A neighbor, HL, told NBC Chicago he was still in shock, saying: "I don't know who had the heart to do this." Neighbor Mayra Diego added: "We couldn't even think that something could happen to them because they were very nice, quiet people."

The family had been in the U.S. for 20 years. Martínez worked until he got U.S. residency for himself and his children. Noe Jr. worked as a steward at the airport and María Herminia worked cleaning houses.

Miguel Márquez Márquez, the governor of Guanajuato, posted on Twitter that the Mexican Consulate in Chicago confirmed that the family originated from La Noria de Gallegos, located in the municipality of Tarimoro in the Mexican state of Guanajuato. He asked authorities in Chicago to shed light on the circumstances of the murders and that those guilty be brought to justice.

Relatives of murdered Gage Park family seek answers
Monday, February 08, 2016 09:00AM
WLS By Jessica D'Onofrio

Huge crowds gathered in front of the home in the 5700-block of South California Avenue over the weekend to pay their respects. Six white crosses were set up, one to represent each family member killed: Noe Martinez Sr., 62; Rosaura Martinez, 58; Noe Martinez Jr., 38; Maria Herminia Martinez, 32; Leonardo Cruz, 13; and Alexis Cruz, 10.

[...]

The grief is overwhelming for Victoria Martinez, who just arrived from Mexico. She's the surviving sister and was surrounded by supporters at a Sunday vigil. She plans to take the bodies back to Mexico for burial. Family members have set up a page, hoping to raise money to help cover the cost. As of Sunday, more than $26,000 had been raised.

Hmmm... It sounds like they haven't mentioned the boys' father. Is that correct? I would think he's been notified and would want to come up from Mexico.

I find it real strange when they say they could have been targeted or it could have been domestic violence inside the home. Those two crimes seem very far apart to me.

I find it real strange when they say they could have been targeted or it could have been domestic violence inside the home. Those two crimes seem very far apart to me.
I believe that's based in part on the fact there was no forced entry. If it wasn't a random robbery/home invasion, only a couple of possibilities remain: DV that started within the home; or a personal attack by someone who was able to gain entrance without breaking in. Of course, robbers sometimes gain entrance without busting through locks. The nature of the violence, however, combined with no forced entry, lends to the conclusion that the attack was personal. JMO

Monica Arias told CNN affiliate WLS she never heard any signs of trouble coming from the single-family Gage Park home: "No screaming, no fighting, we heard nothing." Fellow neighbors described victims as family oriented, with Fani Maldonado calling one of them her "best co-worker" washing windows at O'Hare airport.

Markita Williams knocked on the family's front door last Wednesday after noticing a van outside, one she worried might belong to someone inside and be towed.

No one answered.

"Everything was closed up tight," said Williams, who has lived directly next door for three years. "They always had their curtains open -- you could see directly into the house from the front and on the side."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/10/us/chicago-family-killed/

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 04:55PM
CHICAGO (WLS) -- A bio-cleaning team has undertaken the difficult job of scrubbing down a home in the city's Gage Park neighborhood where a family of six was found murdered nearly a week ago. The father of the two youngest victims is expected to arrive in Chicago Wednesday.

"They're not in a rush, but they want to get in there. Anything that's of sentimental value, they would like to have," said Dawn Valenti, Chicago Survivors.

The team brought steamers and chemicals inside through the back door, to avoid disturbing the memorial out front. A steady stream of mourners continued to stop by Wednesday with a candle and a prayer for the victims.

"We don't want them to see what happened, we want them to remember the family as it was," said Bill Muir, Bio-One Chicago.

The gruesome job should be done by the time the boys' father arrives in Chicago from Mexico, where he's been waiting for a humanitarian visa to allow him to come claim the bodies.

Video at link

http://abc7chicago.com/news/father-...ed-in-gage-park-to-arrive-in-chicago/1194529/

Autopsies sure seem to show it wasn't a murder-suicide IMO. I hope we hear more soon about this poor family. How tragic. It takes a real monster to do this.

It's not murder suicide for sure. All victims had multiple wounds. Weapons not recovered. Multiple weapons used. Multiple weapons-suggesting multiple perps?

"Three "bladed weapons" appear to have been used to kill most of the six family members found dead last week in their Gage Park neighborhood home, a Chicago police spokesman said Wednesday."

http://wgntv.com/2016/02/11/3-bladed-weapons-used-to-kill-most-of-gage-park-family/

"New evidence in the murders of the six members of the Martinez family suggests they were killed as some of them were returning home with tamales for dinner. At Manolo's Tamales restaurant, the owner told FOX 32 News that police have recovered video that shows one and possibly four members of the Martinez family coming in on Tuesday, February 2nd to buy food and drinks." (from 2/12/16)

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/89918465-story

Dad of Two Boys Murdered Visits Gage Park Home For First Time (from 2/11/16)

"The crime lab is rushing forensic tests to hopefully provide detectives with evidence to point to a killer. A source familiar with the investigation told FOX 32 News that two of the victims had self-defense wounds on their upper extremities. The others apparently were caught off guard by the killer or killers, or had no chance to fight back."

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/89106959-story

"New evidence in the murders of the six members of the Martinez family suggests they were killed as some of them were returning home with tamales for dinner. At Manolo's Tamales restaurant, the owner told FOX 32 News that police have recovered video that shows one and possibly four members of the Martinez family coming in on Tuesday, February 2nd to buy food and drinks." (from 2/12/16)

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/89918465-story

Dad of Two Boys Murdered Visits Gage Park Home For First Time (from 2/11/16)

"The crime lab is rushing forensic tests to hopefully provide detectives with evidence to point to a killer. A source familiar with the investigation told FOX 32 News that two of the victims had self-defense wounds on their upper extremities. The others apparently were caught off guard by the killer or killers, or had no chance to fight back."

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/89106959-story
I suspected this happened either while they were arriving home, or overnight. :(

I really want justice for this family!

"This appears certainly centered and targeted on that family, and what we're trying to do is figure out why," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-found-dead-chicago-home-targeted-36754611

I really hate to see LE put out three 'or's as a possible motive

What it really means they are really no closer to finding out the real motive behind these horrible murders or who did it. imo

I think LE should find the motive before they speak to the press or better yet, refuse to comment on the motive... because if the family wasn't involved in anything and it wasn't a domestic incident then LE has put that in the minds of those who will read and view what they have said. Its almost like blaming the family for their own murders before they have evidence to substantiate it one way or the other. It just strikes me wrong for some reason. Sorry, that's just how it strikes me.

It looks like to me LE would be further along in the investigation and would know by now what the possible motive could have been.

Now I do understand why they think it may be someone they were involved with or a family member but nowadays home invaders have done some of the worst overkills to multiple victims they didn't even know. At least LE is not ruling that out as a possibility. I am glad that LE is now admitting that overkills may not mean the victim/s knew their killer/s.

But I just wish they would find out the motive first. If the family wasn't involved in anything illegal and if a family member didn't have anything to do with this... when the police implies they may be involved, I know it has to hurt them even more so than they are now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back