Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #8

This is the oddest way to commit suicide. Bless her family.

I just don't understand but I guess no one is meant to. I am still having a hard time believing it was suicide. I think I will always doubt it no matter what is said by authorities. Stryker and family, my prayers and thoughts are with you today and always. I hope that someday answers will come.

Wow...after all that...

What is the specific sugary substance, I wonder...
That is what I have been wondering too. Tried a Google search with no luck. I have a friend who is a chemestry teacher. Maybe I will ask her.

I'm so sorry Stryker, and for all Cheryl's family and friends. I hope that you can all find a small measure of peace in knowing that Cheryl didn't end her life in fear at the hands of another :rose:

Maybe fruit juice or pulp?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    52.7 KB · Views: 505
I guess this is one way, to close a case that they are stumped on....I am sorry for the family.

The "authorities" failed to answer the biggest question. Why ?

The next biggest question: How did she get from her car to that culvert, in broad daylight, without a single person or video camera seeing her do it ?

She wasn't sick, she didn't have financial problems. she didn't have employment problems, her marriage seemed healthy and intact, she had no known medical problems past or present. So why would she have done something like this ?

Back in the beginning Pickard stood up in front of all the microphones and told everybody that they had to be close-mouthed and keep things under wraps and that further down the road their findings would explain the need for all the secrecy. He promised that it would become apparent and we would all understand why it needed to be done that way in the end. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah......

We're still waiting ................Pickard.

still thinking about cheryle and i just can not get into the suicide camp. something stinks in MLT and it starts with the PD.

MLT news also reports another detail that I don't believe has been mentioned before:
On Feb. 14, DeBoer’s body was discovered by search crews in a culvert located at the intersection of 244th Street Southwest and Cedar Way, also in Mountlake Terrace. DeBoer had a plastic bag loosely taped over her head. The autopsy, performed by the Snohomish County Medical Examiner, determined asphyxiation and fresh water drowning as the cause of death.
http://mltnews.com/medical-examiner-cheryl-deboer-death-ruled-a-suicide/

If the bag was in fact taped, maybe the police were able to find Cheryl's finger prints on the tape? And also on the razor?
For me, the medical examiner's report has raised more questions than it has answered...but I do accept their findings.
I have known people that have hidden their unhappiness and problems from the world.
My questions about this case are not to why she may have chosen to suicide...her reasons may have been many and varied... For many, it is not heartbreak, financial ruin or bad health that push a person to suicide. For many it is the continuing, unchanging routine of life, the feeling of insignificance, the question of why tomorrow?

With the ME's findings we now have to accept that the car was not "staged", the 'blood' scattered about was not an act of subterfuge, just a sloppy meal.
I think, if we accept suicide, we must also accept that Cheryl wanted to conceal that from her family. And without the prolonged and persistent searches organized by friends, family and colleagues a month after her disappearance it is possible that she may have gone undetected for many months. If she had lain in that culvert into the summer months perhaps the evidence of suicide - the bag, blade, tape etc would have all but been eradicated.
I think Cheryl either took her missing possessions into the culvert with her (and water current has carried them off) or she ditched them en route, perhaps in a dumpster or trash can. And I also think it's possible for a person in dark, hooded clothes to walk a mile and a half in light rain and not one person register or remember, especially at 7:00am on a Monday morning.

Suicide is a bitter pill all concerned, but I can accept it.

There was no evidence to lead authorities or family to a definitive why. The why will probably never be answered.

Forensics of the tape turned up no fingerprints, I believe being in the water for days destroyed what could have been there.

I believe the biggest reasoning for the ME to rule suicide is lack of any defensive type injuries. All clothes were on in a normal fashion. No cuts, scrapes, bruising other than the believed to be (small) self inflicted cuts to a finger on each hand.

Nobody, friends, relatives etc... really expected suicide, and didn't see her as a person with any suicidal intentions, or her being deeply depressed. However, based on the investigation it does strongly appear to be suicide. As this was obviously not an accident, and there is not evidence of a homicide. It's hard to 100% believe which I don't, but I do accept it as the most likely conclusion.

I personally feel if this was suicide. She must have been depressed, but thought she had it under control. Something the morning of Feb. 8th just pushed her over the edge. Forgetting her badge maybe. She turned off her phone decided to take a walk. Things continued to spiral out of control in her head, and as she walked by the culvert decided right then and there that was a place to disappear without being found. We don't know where are at what time her belongings were trashed or ditched etc. I really don't think her cell phone would have washed down the creek, especially if her glasses were found upstream.

Nobody would think that many people would go and search for you. She was a very quite reserved person. I would of never guessed we would get the response we did from coworkers, and the local community. Who would think that coworkers would organize a grid search of the area you disappeared?

There was some family member health issues that could of contributed to possibly being depressed. Issues she wanted to be able to help those families members with but realistically couldn't because there are no known cures/ treatments. She always wanted to be the person to solve and fix things like that. Maybe since she couldn't fix those family members health issues she felt like she was failing and lost hope.

I really don't know but can only speculate.

I'm so very sorry, Stryker. Suicide is such a hard ending to understand, I know. Your Mom had reasons that made sense to her at the time and her pain must have been intense enough to override everything else. I wish you and your family peace and fond memories. Thank you so much for your generous contributions to the threads. Huge hugs!

I am so, so very sorry Stryker. I have followed from the first. Sometimes Mom's internalize and yes we are fixers. I could tell from the pics your Mom was full of fun, loved and respected by Family and Co-workers. As hard as it is push forward. Your Mom would want that.

Stryker, thank you so much for coming back to share this information. I imagine it wan't easy. I also followed your mom's case from the first - I live in Brier - and your family continues to be in my thoughts. Please accept my condolences, and may the happy and loving memories of your beautiful mother bring you some degree of peace.

Stryker
I am so sorry to hear about LE's conclusion. Not what I personally expected to hear....and I am sure it was a tough thing for you to accept.
Its devastating to be left with so many unanswered questions and my heart goes out to you and your dad. Sudden suicide sadly always causes more questions than answers.
It is really nice of you to keep us all informed with what additional info you have discovered.
Cheryl will always remain in my thoughts....she really captured my heart.

I personally feel if this was suicide. She must have been depressed, but thought she had it under control. Something the morning of Feb. 8th just pushed her over the edge. Forgetting her badge maybe. She turned off her phone decided to take a walk. Things continued to spiral out of control in her head, and as she walked by the culvert decided right then and there that was a place to disappear without being found. We don't know where are at what time her belongings were trashed or ditched etc. I really don't think her cell phone would have washed down the creek, especially if her glasses were found upstream.

I tend to agree on the cell phone. It is most likely in the park/strip next to the culvert/street, or in the park near the park'n'ride. I am sure she turned it off and discarded it.

Did the police tell you what items they had found? (many times items recovered are unrelated to the case, but I'm curious if they told you what they were)

We've continued to work unusual and bizarre outdoor suicide scenes. In each of them though we've had the context from family members of the person's despondency etc. I guess in your mom's case she must have been keeping everything to herself.

To Cheryl's Family,

I am sorry for your loss. Suicide is one of those situations that often catch family members off guard. I wish you had peace of mind about the circumstances or choices made. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anon_
Back