Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #8

Thought I would share this slideshow being the 1 year Anniversary she went missing. For those that didn't follow this case she was found deceased 2/14/2016, from an apparent suicide.

[video=youtube;D1enLk9y15k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1enLk9y15k[/video]

stryker57, how beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful tribute of your mom!
I loved seeing the photos of her life... catching all those fish, the wedding, the family, Etc. Your mom won't be forgotten by us. She seemed like a lovely lady. Thanks again for thinking about us!! Your mom meant a lot to many people, even though many people didn't know her personally, but because of this thread for her, we got to know her. Many hugs!!!!

Stryker, I have been thinking of your family this week. It is lovely to see so many happy moments your mom's life. I love her smile! Thank you for sharing these moments with us. Sending love.

Stryker,

Thank you so much for sharing. That was so beautiful, I had tears streaming down my face. Your mom and dad made one good-looking couple (and one good-looking kid :D)!

I was thinking of your mom just the other day, as I do often. She seems to have been a truly exceptional human being, whose company I most certainly would have enjoyed. I also feel as though your mom continues to live through you.

Speaking as a mom who has contemplated suicide more than once, I hope you do not blame yourself for what happened. Suicidal ideation is a serious medical condition, and it really needs to be addressed as a public health concern.

Please take good care of yourself and your family, and the very best of wishes to you and yours.

I've been off the boards for a while just dealing with life so I missed checking in on the anniversary. The slide show is amazing, as I'm certain Cheryl was. A life ended too soon no doubt.

In September, my mother-in-law knelt down on railroad tracks and let a train hit her. That she committed suicide wasn't overly shocking to us as she'd battled bipolar her entire life, had made attempts before and was in another downward spiral but refusing help. For my husband, and I think everyone close to her, the manner in which she chose to end her life was oddly the harder part to accept. Suicide leaves such a wake of deep sadness behind it. So many unanswerable questions, so much anger, and so much hurt. Sometimes, when I think about my mother-in-law, my thoughts wander to Cheryl and I hope her family is doing okay as I now realize all the more just what they had to come to terms with.

I just don't understand but I guess no one is meant to. I am still having a hard time believing it was suicide. I think I will always doubt it no matter what is said by authorities. Stryker and family, my prayers and thoughts are with you today and always. I hope that someday answers will come.

I am with you on this. Maybe I'm just too suspicious of a person but it's just so puzzling.

It seems Cheryl had a blessed life full of family, friends, adventure and lots of love. I am so sorry for everyone left behind. I am so sorry she left so soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back