MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Princeton police have a facebook(https://www.facebook.com/PrincetonPoliceDepartment/), send them the link and let them look into it

Wow, you really did some sleuthing! Please send this information to the police. My suggestion would be to send it as a PM, private message, just in case the ole' boy is checking their Facebook.

Welcome to our wonderful group and thanks for jumping right in trying to find the killer of beautiful VM.

No. I don't have the greatest reception in Bar Harbor. :*(

Actually, Princeton police have a facebook(https://www.facebook.com/PrincetonPoliceDepartment/), send them the link and let them look into it

On the Princeton Police Dept. facebook page, they have shared the Mass. State Police post, the one with Vanessa's photo. At the bottom of the post it states -

"Vanessa Marcotte Investigation Tip Line: 508-453-7589. Tip line is anonymous."

So you can leave a tip without them knowing who you are.

Doubt it. There were a few men who RANDOMLY inserted themselves into the narrative once the police started the (LISK) investigation (see: extremely weird GQ article). One of them fits the perpetrator profile (that law enforcement came up with) perfectly, checking off many points that are extremely specific and somewhat rare. IMO this is the perp, but there just doesn't seem to be enough physical evidence (or maybe they are still collecting it; it's hard when bodies are in the water for a long period of time; also hard to get search warrant without probable cause to see if suspect has victims' personal items). This suspect (?) has supposedly moved out the the country for a job, though.

But you never know! Profile developed as of now is too vague / doesn't match up, but also based on the profile they did compile for LISK, (EDIT: I am referring to Karina now) this crime doesn't counter it. So IDK.

Interesting...what makes you think the individual you mention is the killer? Do you know how old he would have been when the legs washed up in Davis Park (near his hometown?) in 1996?

On the Princeton Police Dept. facebook page, they have shared the Mass. State Police post, the one with Vanessa's photo. At the bottom of the post it states -

"Vanessa Marcotte Investigation Tip Line: 508-453-7589. Tip line is anonymous."

So you can leave a tip without them knowing who you are.

I was just talking about an anonymous tip line yesterday with someone (not related to a real crime - just in general). Are these lines (or websites) REALLY anonymous - meaning there is no caller ID or ISP/location tracking used?

The only report was from the reporters twitter and then picked up elsewhere. Posting her tweet again.

[video=twitter;762753161157349378]https://twitter.com/CherylFiandaca/status/762753161157349378[/video]

Hi, this is my first time posting.

I did a little internet sleuthing the other day, and found an individual on VM's instagram page who she tagged in a comment a few years ago. I looked the individual up on FB, and the individual does indeed live in Australia (according to their profile). I know her dad said she was not currently dating anyone, so my guess is this individual is an ex or someone she was not regularly seeing. I would agree with authorities that the individual is not a POI for this case.

No! But this thought popped into my head the other day and hasn't left....which is creepy because I know a lot of the emergency responders in the area. .... Also those cart paths......are often called "fire roads" .

Btw do you have a link to downstairs? I've been before but I forget how to get there.

what makes you say this?

What park? Do you mean Karina's killer?

I'm lost!
Police are testing the DNA of a “person of interest” in the case of murdered jogger Vanessa Marcotte.

“That person is only described as someone with knowledge of the park where Vanessa Marcotte was found dead,” says WABC.

WCVB says the person “is familiar with the area where Marcotte’s body was found” on Aug. 7. However, the station notes that police have received hundreds of tips in the case. The person has not yet been identified.
http://heavy.com/news/2016/08/vanes...o-leads-murdered-jogger-evidence-latest-news/

Police are testing the DNA of a “person of interest” in the case of murdered jogger Vanessa Marcotte.

“That person is only described as someone with knowledge of the park where Vanessa Marcotte was found dead,” says WABC.

WCVB says the person “is familiar with the area where Marcotte’s body was found” on Aug. 7. However, the station notes that police have received hundreds of tips in the case. The person has not yet been identified.
http://heavy.com/news/2016/08/vanes...o-leads-murdered-jogger-evidence-latest-news/

Interesting. I didn't realize that area was considered a park.

First time posting. I was born and raised in Princeton and still go back there regularly as my parents are still there and it's the place I'll always call home. Never in my wildest dreams have I ever thought something like this would happen there, and I don't think the town will ever be the same. Just a few things to add after reading through all the posts these last few days. The "cart path" is what used to be the rest of Connor Lane. It used to connect back to Brooks Station. The nearest houses are those of long time Princeton Residents and really great families. Princeton is not much of a dirt bike or ATV town and I can say for a fact they are never used in that area. As far as Princeton goes, Brooks Station road is one of the busiest roads in town along with East Princeton Rd (Rt 140), Hubbardston Rd/Sterling Rd (Rt 62) and Rt 31 going to Holden. I would fathom to guess that at that time of day, a car goes by at every 2 minutes at the most.

Is there any word on the suspect with intimate knowledge of the park?

It was strange that they called it a "park" in an article. I saw that too. It was woods that she was killed in. But I haven't heard anything about that POI and I really wish they would update. It's pretty disheartening :(

And this area is definitely not a park by any means.

Thats interesting. Who would intimate knowledge of the land she was found on? If it's not a park, is it owned by someone. Is there a park nearby, state land or anything?

The area is definitely not considered a park. That "cart path" is the old road before Brooks Station was built. It is where Connor Lane used to come out. It is not currently maintained or used as it goes directly to a residents house. It would not be a regular atv or snowmobile trail.

First time posting. I was born and raised in Princeton and still go back there regularly as my parents are still there and it's the place I'll always call home. Never in my wildest dreams have I ever thought something like this would happen there, and I don't think the town will ever be the same. Just a few things to add after reading through all the posts these last few days. The "cart path" is what used to be the rest of Connor Lane. It used to connect back to Brooks Station. The nearest houses are those of long time Princeton Residents and really great families. Princeton is not much of a dirt bike or ATV town and I can say for a fact they are never used in that area. As far as Princeton goes, Brooks Station road is one of the busiest roads in town along with East Princeton Rd (Rt 140), Hubbardston Rd/Sterling Rd (Rt 62) and Rt 31 going to Holden. I would fathom to guess that at that time of day, a car goes by at every 2 minutes at the most.

Welcome to WS.

I never have seen a thread with so many locals participating. And from such a small town too.

I think there is so much local involvement here because this kind of thing never happens here. I never used to lock my doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77