Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does a "find my phone" app work? Pings, GPS?

How close would it signal the phone's location?

I've been thinking some more about the partially wrapped present.

During his search of the house, Keith says he found a partially wrapped present addressed to him from his wife and two kids. “She must have been wrapping her presents,” he says. “It is like an American flag pillow that she more than likely she made it. It wasn’t here when I left, so I know that she must have been working on that.”

http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/

bbm. So there was a partially wrapped present that was left out where Keith could find it, since he says it wasn't there when he left.

I highly suspect these were Christmas presents. Halloween was over (it was Nov 2) and she may have immediately begun working on her Christmas presents. If they were, it's entirely possible she began thinking about Christmas and became overwhelmed.

It's just really easy for me to imagine she became disillusioned while wrapping and decided to go for a walk. Things then went downhill from there.

Ok, forgive me but going to play devils advocate here... more than likely just show my ignorance in electronics though.

Is there any way of proving the phone was NOT left at home? If what I remember it was found near the home. Within a short distance would it still ping multiple towers? Or would it appear unmoved? Or was the sighting of her jogging with earphones on timing too tight for she and her phone to make it home for that to be a possibility?

Self-professed electronic ignoramus here. Only experience I have is with neighbor who activated find my ipad and was led to the front door of a house in town about 20 miles away where the police took over...

Meaning could the phone "found" point might not have been where the disappearance happened. Just thinking save-face angle here?

Probably thinking way too far outside the box... :crazy:

Yes. If you have the phone, you can go to Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services>Frequent Locations. You can then click on the last locations and find out where the phone has been.

I'm looking at mine and it shows I have been at my current location (it shows a circle on a map) for 15 minutes. The circle covers about a one to two block area.

You can turn it off, but most people don't. Most don't even know the feature exists. Also, you cannot look at the location history online. You have to have the actual phone.

Posted through Tapatalk

GPS is one thing it uses. One of the other big things it relies on is nearby wifi networks. There are databases companies offer that link a particular wifi access point with a latitude/longitude and most of the mobile location services heavily rely on them. Note, you don't have to be connected to these networks...your phone is constantly looking to see what networks are nearby, and then consults the database to see where this network is known to exist. GPS is most accurate, but it usually uses a combination, especially indoors where GPS isn't available.

Just found an interesting comment Sherri posted on pinterest. She says she would sacrifice everything - her wants, her job, her ministry, her schooling and everything she owns - for her son. And she says that only God and her husband come before her son.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/510525307739557235/

Do you think she wrote those words? It looks like they were already appended to the pin. And if she did write them, what "ministry" was she referring to?

Do you think she wrote those words? It looks like they were already appended to the pin. And if she did write them, what "ministry" was she referring to?

I know absolutely nothing about pinterest. Are you saying that the posts attributed to Sherri on pinterest may not be from her at all?

I know absolutely nothing about pinterest. Are you saying that the posts attributed to Sherri on pinterest may not be from her at all?
No, I'm saying the pins she added to her page may have already had comments attached. I believe this was established by someone in an earlier thread.

On the pinterest, let me explain exactly how this works.

When you pin an existing pin, it copies the comment from the existing pin. You have the option to replace that comment, but most people don't bother.
So the comment might have been written by them, but probably not.

There's a way to sleuth this to a degree....

1. Go to the pin: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/510525307739557235/

2. Note that Sherri's pin currently says '43w.' That means it is 43 weeks old.

3. Underneath it says, "See all 846 boards." Click that, and it will show you everybody else who pinned the same pin.

4. Scroll down until you find somebody with an older pin with the same comment. That would be proof she didn't write it. In this case we can see somebody else pinned it 45 weeks ago with the exact same comment. So she didn't write it.

This might sound like a pretty silly question, but is there any reference at all to Sherri on the Shasta county sherrif website? I was just looking at it and couldn't see anything about her....No press releases nothing...Which seems a little odd.

I am starting to draw the conclusion that Sherri has left voluntarily. LE has an idea of where she is, but because she is an adult they can't force her to come back. I would suggest they haven't been able to complete a welfare check on her or speak to her in person so the status remains as missing. On the flip side, I don't think the family is willing or wanting to believe that she has left of her own accord hence the "ransom" or "reward"

There seems to be no urgency from LE (which is no disrespect to LE, I mean in comparison to other MP cases where it is clear something nefarious has happened or there are witnesses to a kidnapping) It is a very big judgement call for the sherrif to call off searches if he didn't have enough information to confirm that that would be the right decision. I personally feel that the family is so desperate to have her home that they are clinging to the ransom and negotiator as their only hope, especially if they feel that LE has "given up"

I find it a little concerning that the negotiator increased the ransom by combining it with the reward....Doesn't that say to someone if they are holding Sherri..."Hang on a little longer, the money will go up again"

Does anyone know what happened to her first marriage? Did she keep in touch with her first husband?

This might sound like a pretty silly question, but is there any reference at all to Sherri on the Shasta county sherrif website? I was just looking at it and couldn't see anything about her....No press releases nothing...Which seems a little odd.

I am starting to draw the conclusion that Sherri has left voluntarily. LE has an idea of where she is, but because she is an adult they can't force her to come back. I would suggest they haven't been able to complete a welfare check on her or speak to her in person so the status remains as missing. On the flip side, I don't think the family is willing or wanting to believe that she has left of her own accord hence the "ransom" or "reward"

There seems to be no urgency from LE (which is no disrespect to LE, I mean in comparison to other MP cases where it is clear something nefarious has happened or there are witnesses to a kidnapping) It is a very big judgement call for the sherrif to call off searches if he didn't have enough information to confirm that that would be the right decision. I personally feel that the family is so desperate to have her home that they are clinging to the ransom and negotiator as their only hope, especially if they feel that LE has "given up"

I find it a little concerning that the negotiator increased the ransom by combining it with the reward....Doesn't that say to someone if they are holding Sherri..."Hang on a little longer, the money will go up again"

From 6 days ago: http://www.krcrtv.com/news/sheriffs-office-releases-update-on-sherri-papini/168201516

Doesn't sound like LE is giving up to me. I wouldn't be surprised to learn they've expended more resources on her case than most missing persons cases. What more do you think they should be doing, if I may ask?

On the pinterest, let me explain exactly how this works.

When you pin an existing pin, it copies the comment from the existing pin. You have the option to replace that comment, but most people don't bother.
So the comment might have been written by them, but probably not.

There's a way to sleuth this to a degree....

1. Go to the pin: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/510525307739557235/

2. Note that Sherri's pin currently says '43w.' That means it is 43 weeks old.

3. Underneath it says, "See all 846 boards." Click that, and it will show you everybody else who pinned the same pin.

4. Scroll down until you find somebody with an older pin with the same comment. That would be proof she didn't write it. In this case we can see somebody else pinned it 45 weeks ago with the exact same comment. So she didn't write it.

This pinterest stuff is so confusing that I'm inclined to ignore it. I can't tell want's factual or not.

Does anyone know what happened to her first marriage? Did she keep in touch with her first husband?

Nobody knows anything about the first marriage other than that there is a divorce record on the Shasta County court registry, filed in 2007 and completed in 2008.

Nobody knows anything about the first marriage other than that there is a divorce record on the Shasta County court registry, filed in 2007 and completed in 2008.

Thank you so much for responding so kindly to my question.....I have read literally everything on here about Sherri since day one and knew that I had not read anything about her first husband/marriage, was thinking perhaps I had missed something...

Just looking for possible reasons for Sherri's disappearance.....

Again, thank you for taking your time to respond so kindly to my question....

I go back and forth between a hoax and murder by someone she knew. If it were the later what would the motive be? Envy? Control? Who is taking care of the kids?

From 6 days ago: http://www.krcrtv.com/news/sheriffs-office-releases-update-on-sherri-papini/168201516

Doesn't sound like LE is giving up to me. I wouldn't be surprised to learn they've expended more resources on her case than most missing persons cases. What more do you think they should be doing, if I may ask?

I didn't suggest that LE is giving up. What I suggested is that LE knows what's up. That news report was from 6 days ago. That is a very long time in a missing person case. I don't doubt for one minute that LE threw everything they had at this case. It does seem to me however that once more information was provided or recovered that LE took a step sideways. This is JMO.

As far as I am aware if someone is assumed missing, until LE physically speaks with them and confirms their whereabouts then they are still considered missing.

I go back and forth between a hoax and murder by someone she knew. If it were the later what would the motive be? Envy? Control? Who is taking care of the kids?
The latter could be driven by lust or jealousy, I would think.

The kids have their father. I feel so bad for him and can't imagine how he's handling explaining this to those two adorable kids.

I'm the one who brought up the pinterest comment about god coming before your son. I thought Sherri had written it but I was wrong, she just shared pin along with the comment. A lot of people do that without necessarily agreeing with the comment. So we can't tell much about Sherri from the comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko