Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I don't think she would still be driving around town. Says she was evasive, probably because some random person was harrassing her about looking like SP.

Exactly. And wasn't the report of this person being "evasive" from the person who called this in? Who knows what that caller was like and what they considered "evasive" behavior. Could be some random blond woman who doesn't watch the news and has no clue about SP, being randomly interrogated by a stranger. I'd be evasive, too.

I feel bad saying this, but I'm getting pretty annoyed with this case. No comments in forever from LE or the family. They know something so we're really just spinning since they won't release the helpful info.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Maybe by the weekend there will be some actual news.

Quoting my own post to add: One thing I've learned from this case is that if a family member of mine ever goes missing, it's so important for the family/friends to keep themselves present and vocal in the media to keep attention on the case. <modsnip>

Somehow I don't think she would still be driving around town. Says she was evasive, probably because some random person was harrassing her about looking like SP.

Unsure about that - one of the things I have read about faking one's own death is to "lay low" nearby:

http://www.wikihow.com/Fake-Your-Own-Death

However.

No note from Sherri has been found (known to us anyways; has LE taken her computer as well as her laptop to see if one was one there)?

At this point I am open to this rather strange possibility, too.

Quoting my own post to add: One thing I've learned from this case is that if a family member of mine ever goes missing, it's so important for the family/friends to keep themselves present and vocal in the media to keep attention on the case. <modsnip>

<modsnip>

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I hope we hear something from LE by the end of the week about this bizarre MP case.

Maybe LE found clues on her computer or phone but her family refuses to accept what they found. That is about all that makes sense to me.

Le would still try to locate her, to close the case. But not be doing ground searches, etc. which seems to be how it is playing out, imo.

I'm not who people think I am. I'm sure they see some middle aged ditzy dumpy lady who sits around eating bon bons and digs 80's pop music.

To be honest, I occasionally listen to pop,(gasp!) but I'm a rocker who doesn't eat bonbons. I prefer Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin any day. I'm seemingly very open and friendly, yet my closest relatives and friends don't truly know my likes and dislikes, and I'm no ditz.

Maybe SP is like that. Maybe she's not as perceived. We're all trying to solve her disappearance based on her visible outer layer. Maybe she has a private side she doesn't share with many. Maybe no one has tried to look beneath that supermom exterior she presents even.

This could send sleuthing for me off in different directions. Does she have a private self, a real wish that could have put her contact with someone old, new or random in her world? Pay as u go phones are easy to afford for a private whatever. Simply trying out a new place can up the ante for contact with either an abductee or a secret desire, innocent or passionate, insert whatever.

People change as they mature and being out of the working world (and I don't know for how long that's been) maybe she's had a little more time for soul-searching. That could simply lead to a new routine, be it jogging, grocery shopping, a new friend or hobby which could put her either in the wrong or right place at a moment in time, and that's where this whole mystery began. Even unbeknownst to her.

Not judging any theories being tossed about. Not insinuating something dirty or a devious double life, just saying, looks are deceiving. A very different person can be beneath it all. Those closest to her may honestly be baffled and grasping at anything to get her home. But someone, somewhere knows.

Jumpin off my soapbox now.
:thud:
never said I wasn't wordy
:peace:

CG in the video says that they perpetrators don't know who they have and he's right. None of us know who she is.

I'm trying to figure out what LE knows that we don't. I thought of a couple of possibilities but its just an uneducated guess. Suicide note? LE could take at face value and family might think she was forced to write it or that it wasn't written by her. Drugs? LE thinks she ran off and family thinks she was abducted by a drug connection? Whatever it is, the family and LE do not agree on what it means to this case. Obviously it isn't something as simple as they found a text to someone saying that she would run off with them, to meet her by the mailboxes.

CG in the video says that they perpetrators don't know who they have and he's right. None of us know who she is.

I'm trying to figure out what LE knows that we don't. I thought of a couple of possibilities but its just an uneducated guess. Suicide note? LE could take at face value and family might think she was forced to write it or that it wasn't written by her. Drugs? LE thinks she ran off and family thinks she was abducted by a drug connection? Whatever it is, the family and LE do not agree on what it means to this case.

If it was suicide I don't think LE would say they believe she's in another area and just stop the searches. JMO

I don't think the family has a clue who they're dealing with. IMO they're stereotyping the kind of people who would abduct a woman, assuming it's either for sex or drug money. They're probably hoping it's for money. It just seems like desperation to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can't reconcile her dropping her phone if she walked away from her life or committed suicide, just leave it at home, because what difference does it make at that point?

It sure looks like LE and the family are working on different sides of the aisle.

I don't think much of his "negotiation" techniques. If any kidnapper wants to negotiate with him in the future they will now know that if they ignore his oh-so strict deadline to return the person alive, the deal will suddenly change to double the money for any info leading to the kidnapee, dead or alive. Not much incentive for them to keep the person alive and return them on deadline for a set amount.

I agree. But if he's working for the family, they are probably calling the shots. Not making excuses for this guys, just saying that he might not be choosing the strategy.

Just found an interesting comment Sherri posted on pinterest. She says she would sacrifice everything - her wants, her job, her ministry, her schooling and everything she owns - for her son. And she says that only God and her husband come before her son.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/510525307739557235/

I think the better one is right below that one...

Before something great happens everything has to fall apart...

I just can't reconcile her dropping her phone if she walked away from her life or committed suicide, just leave it at home, because what difference does it make at that point?

It sure looks like LE and the family are working on different sides of the aisle.

I agree. And IF you are going to voluntarily leave your family- after all this, why not just tell the police to let the family know you're fine, but you no longer want anything to do with them? Why stage a crime and make them suffer more than they already will?

IMO, this is probably a carryover quote that was repinned, since she would've had both children at the time, not just a son. But it does lead me back to the possibility that she was taking classes, possibly at Shasta College where recent reports have been made, MOO. There was a man arrested earlier this week (with outstanding warrants) for similar incidents in Anderson (about 20 minutes away, straight down Hwy. 5). I'm not saying they're connected, but IMO these incidents are way too common. There were 2 similar reports last year at Shasta College. It's not known if the women in Anderson are students, but it would be helpful to know if SP was. It could be a connection to someone who had been harassing her, someone the family may have known about. Nothing is substantiated, but there are some interesting comments on the 1st link.

Shasta College has issued an alert for a possible stalking incident on campus.
Campus Security issued the alert after someone reported being approached by a Hispanic male, 35 to 40 years old, who asked the person to get into his car.

The suspect was driving a black Honda Civic, with silver, after market rims. He is about 5-foot, 5 or 6 inches and is from 160 to 180 lbs. with dark hair.

http://www.redding.com/news/local/Shasta-College-warns-of-possible-stalking-incident-401014315.html

On Monday afternoon, a 17-year-old girl was offered a ride by two men, according to Seay. She denied the offer, and the two men then told her she was going to get into the car. The girl ran and called campus safety.
According to Redding police, one suspect is described as a white male, in his 20s with a tall muscular build and spiked brown hair. The other suspected is described as a white male.
The suspects were driving an early 90s primer gray Honda Accord. (April 28, 2015)

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/college-students-speak-about-attempted-kidnapping/11093859

Officials with Shasta College announced Monday afternoon that there was an attempted kidnapping on campus.
According to officials, the Redding Police Department is currently investigating the information.
The reporting person was approached around 1:30 p.m. by a white male, described as 20-to-30-years-old, brown hair, wearing a dark colored tank top. The man was driving an older black Honda Accord or Civic. (May 11, 2015)

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/crime/po...tempted-kidnapping-at-shasta-college/11265967

Acosta was found to have outstanding arrest warrants in Tehama and Colusa Counties, and police said they found him in possession of a deadly weapon, meth, marijuana for sales, and other drug-related items.

In approximately the last week, police said at least two female victims reported being followed by a "weird" man. One of the victims reported being followed from the Anderson Walmart to the Factory Outlets; the other victim reported being followed and chased through Anderson and through the McDonald's restaurant. They said surveillance video of the Walmart and McDonald's helped find the suspect.

Officials said Acosta was arrested and booked into the Shasta County Jail on several charges, including a felony probation violation. They said his vehicle, a 2003 Mercury Marauder, was seized and impounded.
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/man-arrested-after-alleged-stalking-in-anderson/178197969

Just found an interesting comment Sherri posted on pinterest. She says she would sacrifice everything - her wants, her job, her ministry, her schooling and everything she owns - for her son. And she says that only God and her husband come before her son.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/510525307739557235/

I'm not sure what is going on with all of this ransom stuff, but as far as LE is concerned, could she have contacted them and it was verified that she has left and does not want to be found?
Could she have told them she left the state and has no plans to return? Would LE announce this if she asked for it to remain confidential and not to share the info with family?
\_( '_' )_/ I dunno!!

MOO

I think they would have closed the case and announced such if they spoke to her

IF she did voluntarily leave with someone do you think it's possible that this reward group is trying to bait that person with cash in order to give up their location? If she did leave with someone willingly, I doubt LE would press charges against that person. Maybe the plan is to give the abductor 100,000 reasons to come clean and reveal their location.
I realize that's a lot of if's. I'm just trying to make sense of the wonky reward situation.

:rollercoaster: I'm still a 4, but hoping to be wrong.

IF she did voluntarily leave with someone do you think it's possible that this reward group is trying to bait that person with cash in order to give up their location? If she did leave with someone willingly, I doubt LE would press charges against that person. Maybe the plan is to give the abductor 100,000 reasons to come clean and reveal their location.
I realize that's a lot of if's. I'm just trying to make sense of the wonky reward situation.

If she left voluntarily there wouldn't be an abductor.

I believe that some people experience a deep shame by deciding to quit life. I think that some suiciders also try to spare their families similar feelings because the ones left behind are often left asking themselves 'what could I have done to prevent this?'. There is nothing necessarily rational in the thought process that would lead a depressed person to think that their family would be better off thinking it was NOT suicide. But, we have seen it a few times in the last year on websleuths: quite a few cases where people have gone to great lengths to conceal the fact that they took their own lives.

Jmo, this is nuts. I have seen a ton of cases here, nothing like this ever. I give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona