Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shelly , i made an error with name a few posts back regarding a detective terry dobson is the Correct name

.[/QUOTE]

He might just simply have a lot of money in the bank

Doubt it. In one online post he was complaining bitterly about the increase cost of membership of the West Coast Eagles. Someone with lots of money in the bank wouldn't have done that.

Re: comments about his modest house.

I was nearby the other day and thought I'd take a driveby the accused's house. I've seen the pictures online but what struck me on driving past was just how run down it was. Most of the other houses on the street are newer builds and relatively modern. The house itself looks like the kind of place old people hang on to with the intention of their children inherting and possibly sub-dividing and developing.

There was a big skip bin in the driveway too.

Dunno, it just seems like a very strange place for someone of his age with a steady job, with a wife and a child to be living.

Not really sure what conclusions to draw and I know that there are plenty of people that don't buy into material status. However, given that he's been in solid employment in what appears to be a decent job for his whole adult life, bought property when younger, had a wife (who may or may not have worked) and they brought up a child, on a scale of the type of house they could likely buy and probably want to buy, it would definitely be on the lower end. Say somewhere from a 2-4 out of 10.

Happy to have the comment picked apart but it is a touch unusual to me.

As an indicator, the head-in-the-bag that washed up on Rottnest Island in January 2013 followed by arrests soon after resulted in a trial in October 2014. That was a far less complex matter so my best guess is for a trial in late 2018 at the earliest.
So in other words, a long time before we learn additional facts/circumstances about these cases :gaah:

Doubt it. In one online post he was complaining bitterly about the increase cost of membership of the West Coast Eagles. Someone with lots of money in the bank wouldn't have done that.

People that have money in the bank are generally quite thrifty that's how come they have money in the bank. He would have been prudent on what he spent money on. WCE tickets may have been integral to the persona he wanted to present but there was probably a limit to what he would spend.

Just using this to jump off. What annoys me is how people (police, society) put women into categories and use those categories to act as if "oh so-and-so couldn't have killed that person because she was a sex worker and he only killed 'good girls'" or the reverse of that. It is that kind of Madonna/*advertiser censored* dichotomy that has tripped up LE enforcement in the past and I still think they have a long way to come, tbh. How many women didn't come up on their radar because they havent fit the very strict mold of "blond, nice, middle class good girls". It is a very narrow view and does no one any favors.
Society and police allow serial rapists and killers to be successful. They dont care about the escalating violence to prostitutes/homeless /runaways or even clubbers to some extent. So,of course most serial killers find these sorts of victims. So vulnerable, Easier to get..and no one really misses them. The media doesn't care to talk about them and law enforcement doesnt put as much effort into solving it.

Its ridiculous but been going on for decades.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'd have thought the place would be in lock down, but a skip bin, you say?
I wonder who organised that? And i'd love to know what's in it [emoji848]

[emoji887]

It just looked like any normal vacant old house about to be demolished. There was no police presence or no indication that you can't go on to the property. Pretty sure I could have parked up and taken a look in the skip.

Have a look on google streetview. All the surrounding houses are far more modern and mostly in good nick.

It looks like the kindof place you rent when you are at uni with 4 mates and have parties.

I'd have thought the place would be in lock down, but a skip bin, you say?
I wonder who organised that? And i'd love to know what's in it [emoji848]

[emoji887]

interesting that a house in the same street has a tenant/owner with same name as the ex CG. Different initial though.

I've heard the busiest time of night for skip divers is around 3.00am, to avoid the rush you should get in early. Do you have a dog you take for a casual walk past, if not can you borrow one? Don't forget to take your torch and camera.

It just looked like any normal vacant old house about to be demolished. There was no police presence or no indication that you can't go on to the property. Pretty sure I could have parked up and taken a look in the skip.

Have a look on google streetview. All the surrounding houses are far more modern and mostly in good nick.

It looks like the kindof place you rent when you are at uni with 4 mates and have parties.

I've heard the busiest time of night for skip divers is around 3.00am, to avoid the rush you should get in early. Do you have a dog you take for a casual walk past, if not can you borrow one? Don't forget to take your torch and camera.

Thanks for your kind offer. Not really my thing going though other people's skips but hey, if anyone else is keen, it was there on Wed evening.

Re: comments about his modest house.
extract > ...I was nearby the other day and thought I'd take a driveby the accused's house.
There was a big skip bin in the driveway...

I'd have thought the place would be in lock down, but a skip bin, you say? I wonder who organised that? And i'd love to know what's in it [emoji848]

Could well be that LE have already removed anything of interest and just aren't saying anything yet?
Sensible decision to not venture onto the property!

[emoji887]

I am sure the police have been thru the skip bin lol... Dont think anyone wants to be caught dumpster diving in a serial killers bin...

I probs wouldnt be able to help myself but lift the lid of the skip up just once, if I lived close enough. When I get over to WA in a couple of months though there is a place I want to check out. Just a hunch really of where Sarah might be. I really do hope they find her.

Thanks for your kind offer. Not really my thing going though other people's skips but hey, if anyone else is keen, it was there on Wed evening.

Maybe, BRE took several long trips overseas, that takes up a lot of money. His two wives are not Australian, so I'm thinking he's a world traveler. JMO

I probs wouldnt be able to help myself but lift the lid of the skip up just once, if I lived close enough. When I get over to WA in a couple of months though there is a place I want to check out. Just a hunch really of where Sarah might be. I really do hope they find her.

Am hoping to get out and explore the bushland on Gay Street this weekend sometime...go for a bushwalk...5 minutes from home..

Just using this to jump off. What annoys me is how people (police, society) put women into categories and use those categories to act as if "oh so-and-so couldn't have killed that person because she was a sex worker and he only killed 'good girls'" or the reverse of that. It is that kind of Madonna/*advertiser censored* dichotomy that has tripped up LE enforcement in the past and I still think they have a long way to come, tbh. How many women didn't come up on their radar because they havent fit the very strict mold of "blond, nice, middle class good girls". It is a very narrow view and does no one any favors.[/QUOTE

The worst Sexual abuser in Australia if not the world was a Perth Dr (over 300 victims) The ages of the victims that I knew of ranged between 16 to 78 so it wasn't an age grouping, specific body type, hair colouring, or if they were attractive it was whatever body was available and you couldn't get in more clear sight than a minor theatre in a hospital so don't limit your possible options.

My boss won't shut up about the cost increase at the new stadium and he's wealthy. I think people just want to complain enough so they reduce the costs.-

(talking about BRE's principle place of residence)

interesting that a house in the same street has a tenant/owner with same name as the ex CG. Different initial though.

I imagine CG surname isn't too common (?)
Maybe purchasing surplus property in a family member's name? Ifso, I speculate that could account for how the BRE household used their income (being as others here have been discussing the reason as to why his own home is not too lavish)
[emoji887]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member