TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the beginning of the post it you say:

Not a fact that she was hit in face and chest with hammer. Only speculation by public

Then later:

"......"Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building"

SP was walking thru the building carrying a hammer (hitting windows, etc.) So your objection is that I'm make the leap from seeing them walk around with a hammer and we're not positive that was the tool that LE later refers to that punctured her? That's fair. I've probably got 20 assumptions in there. Including the gender. And if one of them falls down, we loose several others. This is more of a Jenga game than a cross word puzzle, given how many pieces are missing.
Yes lol I guess that my objection. SWs say tools, so since there was more than one we saw cant say factually it was the hammer. And I understand you prefaced it with Just Your Opinions, but was trying to stay factual as possible. And Jenga is a good description! Great to "see" ya missed ya friend!

There are a couple sections of the MPD surveillance video that are still driving me crazy, as it's difficult to tell what I'm actually seeing there. At approx. 1.02 in the video the killer stands there for several seconds - moving her arms/hands and manipulating something. I'm posting the screen capture, a cropped version showing the upper body only from that screen capture, and an even more cropped version that has been lightened on Windows 10 photos. To me, it appears she is possibly holding up something with her left arm and you can see the fingers (or gloved fingers) holding that "something" and pointing it toward the surveillance camera. I can't tell if she's holding up some sort of reflective material or a large cellphone or a piece of glass or whatever. It's just bugging me to no end...lol. Maybe NIN or someone else can get some better shots. And in these same captures you can see what appears to possibly be one of the masks. What's even weirder is that in the most cropped/lightened capture I can even see what looks like a child's printing or some sort of writing and I see the name Kim (just above the "mask" area.) I'm thinking that she is holding something more along the lines of glass or something reflective and possibly the writing is reflecting off the bulletin board?? And her right arm appears to be folded back toward her neck. Help!!

1.02 on 8-3.jpg1.02c on 8-3 upper body only.png1.02c lightened.jpg

Interestingly, when my wife's aunt was murdered, LE told us later that was one of the strategies they used. It's was a rough, tavern-heavy town and they'd "arrange" to have POI's meet up at the bar, liquor them up and have a pre-arranged person steer the conversation, wires rolling. Hoping to get some info.Not sure I'd want to have anyone show up that was 5'2-5'7, average build, light skinned.... LOL
Sorry to hear about your wife's aunt. I think it would be an excellent strategy for some cases.

There are a couple sections of the MPD surveillance video that are still driving me crazy, as it's difficult to tell what I'm actually seeing there. At approx. 1.02 in the video the killer stands there for several seconds - moving her arms/hands and manipulating something. I'm posting the screen capture, a cropped version showing the upper body only from that screen capture, and an even more cropped version that has been lightened on Windows 10 photos. To me, it appears she is possibly holding up something with her left arm and you can see the fingers (or gloved fingers) holding that "something" and pointing it toward the surveillance camera. I can't tell if she's holding up some sort of reflective material or a large cellphone or a piece of glass or whatever. It's just bugging me to no end...lol. Maybe NIN or someone else can get some better shots. And in these same captures you can see what appears to possibly be one of the masks. What's even weirder is that in the most cropped/lightened capture I can even see what looks like a child's printing or some sort of writing and I see the name Kim (just above the "mask" area.) I'm thinking that she is holding something more along the lines of glass or something reflective and possibly the writing is reflecting off the bulletin board?? And her right arm appears to be folded back toward her neck. Help!!

View attachment 112744View attachment 112745View attachment 112746

I'm seeing things as always (things are usually changing with 2. or 3. view at the pic). Don't understand at all what I'm seeing but maybe it makes a sense to tell you.

1.02upperbodyPicsMaskMarked.jpg

<>

So far, MPD has clarified for us (I know myself and Cannonball have asked and posted ss of the PM when they replied)
1, they did not say Suspect cleaned up or attempted to clean up (MSM story stated wrong)
2, that the surviellance camera that caught the car in the distance, that came from SWFA camera (NOT from speculation of it being at the church
3, that the Suspect was not seen after the murder (clearing up press conf answers/SW)
4, the door that MB entered clearing up the language used and debated in SWs (she entered the doors nearest her truck)

Just off top of my head. Now they confirmed to that the Texas Rangers were only assisting first few weeks after murder but that the FBI is still assisting their department. (they had stated at 6 mo mark that FBI was still helping just asked if still assisting at this point, 10 1/2 month mark, only a clarification.

<> JMHO.

RSBMFF

Thanks for providing clarification on these matters. TX Rangers involvement was short lived if they only worked a few weeks. A rhetorical what did they do? Removed Sarcasm

:rumor: I heard during the Delphi case that the FBI is cutting back on their staff. The changing of the guard at the local EC FBI office may be explained by this measure.

ArkansasMiMi;

Always love your posts.

Thanks for the initial correction. One letter can make a big difference huh.

I agree on the NE corner.

My read on the silence from LE is that they're working on something. They've got to have some idea at least what direction it's coming from. They maybe short a name or two, but have WAY WAY more information than we do. I for one would be very disappointed if they spent a year and somewhere in the ballpark of quarter to half a million bucks and have nothing to show for it.

Not even touching on the travesty of justice.

RBBM
WOW! My apologies but I simply had to remove the repeated statement. I didn't know that is how the FBI worked. I will have to Google and research that.

Also I guess I have followed too many true crime cases, watched too much nightly news seeing families of murdered/kidnapped individuals begging people to help find the culprit.

Your right the MPD and their Investigators are the the good guys, and I have faith too they will find all the evidence to have charges filed against an individual. Not many HATERS here that I know of. Honestly even in the dirty world of Social Media, haven't seen HATERS of MPD or Investigators :thinking: So not sure what your hearing that I am not for them to not listen too. JMHO

We should not take it personal but it is hard not to because we care.

There is a case where the victim's life was not completely squeaky clean. Adorable, tiny, young lady who had a prior arrest record. She occasionally hung out with dangerous gang members. Child out of wedlock. The FBI offered a $25,000 reward and placed Billboards in six (6) states to help find her killer.

Interestingly, when my wife's aunt was murdered, LE told us later that was one of the strategies they used. It's was a rough, tavern-heavy town and they'd "arrange" to have POI's meet up at the bar, liquor them up and have a pre-arranged person steer the conversation, wires rolling. Hoping to get some info.

Not sure I'd want to have anyone show up that was 5'2-5'7, average build, light skinned.... LOL

bbm
I think the 5'2-5'7, average build, light skinned-perp isn't the most dangerous person rather the unseen (surveillance)/unknown. ;)

RSBM

WannaB here.
She was not the type to judge or seek out or be around potential trouble. She just loved everyone and wanted everyone to love her. That was an overwhelming theme of those who described her character.

:greetings: I WannaB here, too.

Kind Sir, you took a hiatus and returned with this moving message filled with much to contemplate. For a while, I felt that I was sitting quietly in Church while my wise priest was speaking. Thank you.

Signed,
IWannaArrest

LOL I'd love it if a group of you would meet down there and snoop around for a weekend. I'm too far away, but a bunch of you are within driving distance. You could brainstorm and actually have fun doing it. Think about it! JMO....Maybe have a glass of wine with the famous Tamara....., get some exercise and by all means, go to churches. JMO

.... but be "prepared" ....(as someone would say) ....!!

When I again looked at the video from SWFA (slow motion) I noticed:

There is a light (top, right, exactly at the edge of the pic) from houses/company across the highway when the parked Altima is shown. The whole time this one light is flashing in different time interval. I wonder why.

When I again looked at the video from SWFA (slow motion) I noticed:

There is a light (top, right, exactly at the edge of the pic) from houses/company across the highway when the parked Altima is shown. The whole time this one light is flashing in different time interval. I wonder why.

The Midlothian airport is across the highway from SWFA. I assumed the beacon light was from there.

bbm
I think the 5'2-5'7, average build, light skinned-perp isn't the most dangerous person rather the unseen (surveillance)/unknown. ;)

I should have given that some context. Yes; if you call for a get-together of Web-sleuthers you don't always know who's sitting around the table...

Hey friends! Just checking in to say thanks for continuing to keep this thread alive. :seeya:

I should have given that some context. Yes; if you call for a get-together of Web-sleuthers you don't always know who's sitting around the table...
Glad to see you back.

Am trying to read between the lines on your Sunday rainy night post and am wondering if there is a hint I'm failing to see.

The one item I really have a question on however, is who was affair guy #3? I have two: 1). KC who was given to investigators by BB but it was supposedly an affair that happened a while back 2). CW
who was also given up by BB (how BB knew about him is a big questionable question mark).
#3 ?

Please advise. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Glad to see you back.

The one item I really have a question on however, is who was affair guy #3? I have two: 1). KC who was given to investigators by BB but it was supposedly an affair that happened a while back 2). CW
who was also given up by BB (how BB knew about him is a big questionable question mark).
#3 ?

Please advise. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I am assuming 3rd person was AJT.

Ok...this case is driving me nuts. I live about 30 minutes away..so I drove to the location today....just to look....here are some of my observations....

1. Driving west from I-35..as soon as I hit Midlothian...my cell service got bad..down to 1 bar to No Service briefly as I pulled into the SWFA parking lot...I literally had zero to 1 bar in the parking lot.

2. Driving west..there is no direct left turn into SWFA...you had to go a short distance to make a U turn to go East, then turn right into the SWFA. The U turn, ironically, is right in front of the Church the crime happened.

3. The Midlothian airport is ridiculiously close to the church....

4. THere is a couple of gas stations...and a Whataburger heading west on 287...wondering if any of those surveilence cameras were looked at..just to see the cars driving by?

Ok, here are some thoughts about my ovservations...either way the Altima was driving, it would have had to turn right into the SWFA....
Maybe the reason the SP might have pulled into the SWFA..is because they were trying to get directions, since they lost cell signal? Maybe they drove around the building trying to establish connection...turned the lights off to not draw attention to them...then turned them back on as they saw the 2 cars....then parked...and drove off once they re-established cell service?

There is one driveway in and one driveway out of the church....I think if Missy saw a car parked somewhere, she might have been concerned..so SP was probably parked behind the church somewhere...or is there a way to park at the airport...and walk??

Ok..feedback??

BB & MB married on 6/20/1998 http://www.lgs-hosted.com/rmtellcck.html MB was born 8/9/1970. She was 1 1/2 month from being 28 yrs old when got married. Just realized that she wan't super young when she and BB married.

When and how did BB find out about the affairs? Did they talk about it openly since they were working it out? I was looking at MB facebook earlier. Got a big knot in my tummy, this past week was special birthdays that loved ones should not be having to have without their Missy. Big huge prayers :beats:

Still thinking on no one speaking about the killer. Per the LinkedIn SWs they got info back to January 2016 and until time of MB murder.. Per post in Feb MB speaks of homeschooling. Another knot. I praying that specialized LEO were able to speak to everyone. Did someone see something and/or say something not realizing what said/seen? THAT would be the only reason I can think of that my family or I wouldn't be speaking begging for someone to come forward. To not let my loved ones murder be forgotten. Small town or not.

National Institute of Justice
A Guide for General Crime Scene Investigation
Arriving at the Crime Scene
Part 01.

Initial responding officers who arrive at a crime scene should:

Respond with caution. Officers who arrive at a crime scene must be cautious and methodical. They should strive to preserve the scene with minimal contamination and should not disturb physical evidence.

The responding officer(s) should:

Note or log dispatch information (e.g., address/location, time, date, type of call and parties involved).
Be aware of any persons or vehicles in or leaving the crime scene.
Approach the scene cautiously, scan the entire area, and note any possible secondary crime scenes.
Make initial observations (look, listen, smell) to assess the scene and ensure officer safety before proceeding.
Remain alert and attentive.
Treat the location as a crime scene until it has been assessed and determined to be otherwise.
Follow safety procedures. Officers must identify any dangerous situations or people to keep themselves and other individuals safe.

Ensure that there is no immediate threat to other responders&#8212; scan the area for sights, sounds and smells that may present danger (e.g., hazardous materials such as gasoline). If the situation involves a clandestine drug laboratory, biological weapons, or radiological [opens in pop-up window] or chemical threats the officer should contact appropriate personnel/agencies before entering the scene.
Approach the scene in a manner that maximizes the safety of victims, witnesses, officers and others in the area.
Survey the scene for dangerous persons and control the situation.
Notify supervisory personnel and call for assistance/backup.
Provide for emergency care. Officers should ensure that medical attention is provided to injured people, and minimize contamination of the scene.

Assess the victim(s) for signs of life and medical needs and provide immediate medical attention.
Call for medical personnel.
Guide medical personnel to the victim to minimize contamination or alteration of the crime scene.
Point out potential physical evidence to medical personnel, and instruct them to minimize contact with such evidence (e.g., ensure that medical personnel preserve all clothing and personal effects without cutting through bullet holes, knife tears, etc.).
Document movement of persons or items by medical personnel.
Instruct medical personnel not to clean up the scene and to avoid moving or altering items originating from the scene.
Obtain the name, unit and telephone number of attending medical personnel, and the name and location of the medical facility where the victim is to be taken.
If there is a chance the victim may die, attempt to obtain a dying declaration or a statement about the circumstances surrounding his or her impending death.
Document any statements/comments made by victims, suspects or witnesses at the scene.
If the victim or suspect is transported to a medical facility, send a law enforcement official with the victim or suspect to document any comments made and preserve evidence. (If no officers are available to accompany the victim/suspect, stay at the scene and ask medical personnel to perform this task.)
Secure and control people at the crime scene. Officers should control, identify and remove people from the crime scene.

Control all individuals at the scene &#8212; prevent individuals from altering or destroying physical evidence by restricting movement, location, and activity while ensuring and maintaining safety at the scene.
Identify all individuals at the scene, such as:
Suspects. Secure and separate.

Witnesses. Secure and separate.

Bystanders. Determine whether they were witnesses, if so treat as above, if not, remove from the scene.

Victims/family/friends. Control while showing compassion. http://www.csitechblog.com/crime-scene-investigation/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member