IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking too that 1) if he is in the tree tops, people on the ground might not see him or 2) (from his point of view) even if he was seen and looked kitted out as a hunter, would anyone pay any attention to him or think him out of the ordinary?

I know you can see the bridge from the deer stand but would you be able to see the deer stand from the bridge? I seriously doubt it.

Definitely agree they probably wouldn't see him up there. Especially if he took the jacket off and had the brown hoodie showing. He would blend right into the trees and all the dead leaves on the ground.

People might not think it was weird either if they did see him. They might have thought it was one of the land owners or something. I'm not sure what you could legally hunt that time of year in Indiana. If it was deer hunting season they probably wouldn't have looked twice.

I agree with you on the stand too. I bet it would blend into the background if you were on the bridge.

So glad you mentioned this. I do not know firearms but when picking apart this picture waaaay back, I noticed the exact same. The light bounces off a portion at the top in the same way the light bounces off his (supposedly) watch.

I would want to know:

Where precisely the deer stand is
Do any of the surrounding houses have a view of the deer stand to know if someone was using it.

I think it's the perfect location for lying in wait. And that would be or a random encounter or as some have suggested, not so random.

I also found it interesting the person taking the video had seen the stand the day before but even HE got turned around and couldn't find it at first.

BBM I noticed that too, that he was nearly upon it but didn't see it until he was practically under it. So, I wonder how far away before you don't notice it?

I tried to find it on google earth (lame I know, but hey) using the 2012 winter view but of course I couldn't see a thing. I just had a thought that the deer stand was at the 7 minute mark and the video is around 13 minutes. Considering he walked from the bridge that would make the deer stand about half way along. He said he was following a path, now that we might be able to see on google earth. hmm.

The image on the left of the attached poster does not have the light colored blur on BG's leg. This is a third BG image although they may all have been edited and therefore may contain common elements. IMO.

attachment.php

https://www.google.com/search?q=ind...UICigD&biw=1280&bih=587#imgrc=jtuUsDhgIZgCkM:

Interesting. The entire leg is one big shadow! Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe there should be a caveat added by WS administrators following "You may sleuth what is public record, including past criminal or legal history. You may discuss whether or not you feel his voice or appearance match the evidence shared by LE." ***Do so at your own risk of persecution by fellow posters! For the most part I am scrolling and rolling past post after post of people's sympathies towards RL, his dog, his horses, his home. I can agree to disagree and will do so by scrolling past what I don't agree with.. I'd appreciate the same in return.
Right?

I almost fell out of my chair earlier when someone said the poor man needs released as he's not a harm to anyone.

Except for anyone who happens to be on the road the next time he decides to drink and drive down to Pizza King. 😒

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

We have the flyover from the TV station right after the bodies were found.
https://www.facebook.com/WRTV6/videos/10154523478509092/

BBM I noticed that too, that he was nearly upon it but didn't see it until he was practically under it. So, I wonder how far away before you don't notice it?

I tried to find it on google earth (lame I know, but hey) using the 2012 winter view but of course I couldn't see a thing. I just had a though that the deer stand was at the 7 minute mark and the video is around 13 minutes. Considering he walked from the bridge that would make the deer stand about half way along. He said he was following a path, now that we might be able to see on google earth. hmm.

I tried to find it on google earth (lame I know, but hey) using the 2012 winter view but of course I couldn't see a thing. I just had a though that the deer stand was at the 7 minute mark and the video is around 13 minutes. Considering he walked from the bridge that would make the deer stand about half way along. He said he was following a path, now that we might be able to see on google earth. hmm.

Also, depending on where precisely it is, I don't recall any of the other visitors whose videos have been posted here mentioning the stand. I still can't believe the media missed this. Can someon who tweets to the reporter ask about it?

IIRC the member didn't say. They said they had been working on clearing up some of the blurry parts of pic and had discovered what it was & asked if anyone would be interested in knowing. Paraphrasing, of course, as I'm unable to locate the post. It was during yesterday evenings epic melt- down debacle .

To me it look like the loop handle to plastic garbage bag.

With regards to the possibility of there being a rifle on BG's right side..in the images my son did for me there is an area/or object on his left side we couldn't really figure out, but it looked like it could be the handle or end to something sticking up around his left shoulder. With the lighting being darker on that side we couldn't tell how far it goes down or if it's something he had tucked between his arm/side.

JMO

here's a link to the images so you can see what I'm referring to..it's outlined in blue with the "??" next to it.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?332892-IN-Abigail-Williams-13-amp-Liberty-German-14-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-34&p=13245561#post13245561

Oh wow......That does look like something sticking up on that side too. From the shape it doesn't look like it could be part of the collar either.....It looks wider on the top....That could be a handle....

You have more faith in reporters than I do, lol. Ok. NBD. I'm not even sure what's relevant anymore anyway.

Now, back to chasing my tail, it's getting a lead on me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I have zero faith in reporters. It's just common sense with this one because of what I stated in the original post.

Stop chasing your tail! You'll get very dizzy and not be able to focus. :D

Bird of Paradise, per your request!

I will start the ball rolling. Early on in the investigation a reporter stated that the LE believed that the girls were led off the bridge on the north side, were herded to the right and then, at some point down the hill. We have not entertained that idea for ages as we sleuthed the bits of info we did have that supported the south side and crossing into the creek.

Is it possible that we are wrong about the south side? Is it plausible that BG used the deer stand to stalk and wait? You can see the bridge from the ground so I imagine the view up top would be quite clear. Does it stand to reason that BG could have been parked at the cemetery?

Thoughts?

From looking with a killer's perspective, BG did not take the two girls down to the creek to cross through the icy cold water. His pants and those of the girls pants legs would get wet. Abby was wearing hi top sneakers that would not wade well in water. I think the rocks lining the creek bed are slippery, as has been noted. The incline onto RLs property, where they were found, is surely steep coming out of that creek.

JMHO That is not how the two girls came to be placed at that location. BG used a pathway but it was not via the creek.

I found your post, very interesting and what a sharp eye you have to catch that. I believe LE and the FBI may have done some photo manipulation to make the photo more clear. However, I don't think they've cloned anything out like blood, another person, Abby, etc. JMO.

Again, good catch.

No kudos necessary but thanks.

I was just wondering and we were discussing this on the day, if it was so easy a fix (after all I have never done anything like this and I do all my work on PicMonkey!), why didn't LE fix it. Do you think that it does not make enough difference in the overall look of the guy? Was speed more important at that point? I thought that he looked more "recognizable" for someone out there but one WSer made a good point that whoever knows him would recognize him without that fix. I see quite a few issues with the pictures (haven't we all!!!) that raise more questions than answers and I wonder that someone who might have recognized him might not because so much is out of kilter.

I can see where it's blurred on his left leg in that image as well. Jmo

I think that bridge guy could have been using the stand. To me it looks like he might have a broken down rifle under his jacket. You can see something (orange arrows in photo) sticking up above his right collar and going down vertically to towards the bottom of his jacket. Whatever it is keeps that side of his jacket straight where all the snaps are. On the left side you can see how a few buttons are pulling the jacket open a little bit. It also looks like he has the bottom right part of his jacket kind of turned under to prevent whatever he has under there from falling down. He has his right arm pulled into his side too. Like he's trying to keep whatever else is under there from moving around or falling out.

Photo is from the Indiana State Police website. All I did was put the arrows in and resave it. No high pass sharpening or anything.

attachment.php

Just to add some context here...LE and FBI frequently analyze the word choices, voice tone, and slips of the tongue, among other things, when they listen to interviews by tipsters, family members, and interviewees. I'm not sure why Bemused's post is so ludicrous, and why you feel it necessary to chastise her for her contribution. If you don't agree, scroll and roll. I for one find analysis of word choices and slips to be very interesting...not just for RL but for others as well.
I find these things interesting too. Intonation in particular is hard for me to dismiss.

I have a friend who often comes across as sarcastic and snarky, though they deny it and do not mean it. It's perhaps subtle or subconscious, or it's perhaps a cultural thing. I always hear it; others do and do not.

My friend hates it when LE builds a case around these things. To him those methods are way too soft a science. I nearly trust tone and expression more than the spoken words.

It's fascinating to see how different people interpret these quirks and intonations differently.

No kudos necessary but thanks.

I was just wondering and we were discussing this on the day, if it was so easy a fix (after all I have never done anything like this and I do all my work on PicMonkey!), why didn't LE fix it. Do you think that it does not make enough difference in the overall look of the guy? Was speed more important at that point? I thought that he looked more "recognizable" for someone out there but one WSer made a good point that whoever knows him would recognize him without that fix. I see quite a few issues with the pictures (haven't we all!!!) that raise more questions than answers and I wonder that someone who might have recognized him might not because so much is out of kilter.

Honestly, I think it would be a speed issue. They put that photo out pretty early. JMO, it was probably one of those instances where they debated over showing it to the public or not back and forth and then last minute put it together to get it out there. The person who worked on it may have had merely minutes to do so. JMO.

I posted this article a few threads back to no comments. Is this perhaps why BG hasn't been identified?

If so, then LE needs to give up something else ftom that video or audio, unless they have already identified him.

Because there is no clear view of his eyes, are even people who should know him, unsure?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1201335/The-eyes-recognising-know.html

"Our brain looks at a person's eyes first to identify a face, according to a study. It found the brain tries to obtain the maximum amount of information possible from a face, get vital information from, firstly someone's eyes, then the shape of their mouth and, thirdly, their nose"

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Honestly, I think it would be a speed issue. They put that photo out pretty early. JMO, it was probably one of those instances where they debated over showing it to the public or not back and forth and then last minute put it together to get it out there. The person who worked on it may have had merely minutes to do so. JMO.

I totally agree. Also, imho, you either know the guy or you don't. I don't think a stranger has a chance of recognizing him.

And...wouldn't altering the photo be a defense attorney's dream? They surely wouldn't go down that road.

I could totally see that. I know in the past people have speculated if she was in the photo near BG, in which I don't think is the case. JMO.

Bird of Paradise and Kittymittons: You know I had not thought about Libby's finger or hand getting in the way, blocking out part of the frame. I was more thinking that Abby was being blocked out. But the Libby thing makes sense. Many of my would-be best pictures have my finger blocking out at least a third of the picture!

I could totally see that. I know in the past people have speculated if she was in the photo near BG, in which I don't think is the case. JMO.
I asked earlier today-- IMO What if she had put the video on selfie mode? IMO- could explain the dark blur on 1of the pics of BG, maybe one of their coats? IMO - maybe why it's so pixilated when blown up? MOO So IMO -maybe she had her back to BG....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01