IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks ago I saw a guy with this same camo hat on and the bill was curved real tight like BG's picture. I even turned around to get a look at it from the back and it made the hat hoove up on top just like in the picture.

Hi TheVisual! I have stayed away from the debate over hat/hair/hoodie for the most part but since working with this picture I think, and am convinced, based on looking at pixels until I can't see, that he is wearing a camo baseball type cap curled tight at the front. The hood part of his hoodie is not up but gathered around the base of his neck but piled on top of the collar on his jacket.

I am convinced of this but I am not adamant! Ready to be convinced otherwise if necessary.:fence:

The more I think about a vengeance theory, the more it seems to fit. At the very least, it offers some sort of motive.

I notice this comment, quoted below. It could be interpreted to support that theory by suggesting it is believed one girl was the target and the other maybe had an opportunity to escape but didn't in an effort to stand by her friend. If also opens the possibility of a derailed abduction scenario, one child only. Both girls fought off the attempt.

LEO Slocum, Mar 23, media thread --
“I wasn't there, yeah, I think the love those two girls apparantly had for each other is probably why they stayed together and unfortunately it caused their death......"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think they stayed together because a weapon was used to intimidate them, with the threat that if one tried to run or scream, or draw attention in any way, the other would die. I'm sure they loved each other a good deal, but once he made contact with them I don't think they had many, if any, choices.

To all the people manipulating images, here's what I would love to see:

1. A still from a vid of a 25 year old from 80 ft away

2. A still from a vid of a 75 year old from 80 feet away.

If we had these, I would like to look at the distortion and pixelation and see if we think the ages of the people can be determined or if the pixelated images are so distorted that they could be of people of any age.

Does that make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing to know!! That would just answer so much. I know that I don't have the skills to try. Not only do we need a still from video but would need to have the video be blurry enough to have to "create" a photo from different stills and piece them together!

I know LE said middle aged but I definitely see someone in 20-30 range! And I do wear reading glasses so I cannot use that excuse!

You don't think that RL's photo appears to have been shrunken? I am a broadcast journalist with a Bachelors degree in broadcast journalism and I work in law enforcement. I've worked in videography and with still photograpers. It appears that RL's photo was deliberately altered and made smaller so that his height matches that of the guy on the bridge (Bridge Guy/BG).

Thank you for sharing your learned opinion with us and backing it up with your experience. Perhaps some of us could better understand your point about RL's head size if the original of this photo (although much smaller) were placed beside this enlarged photo. That would hopefully put the photos into perspective. I would do this myself, but I am not technologically savvy and I use an iPad. :websleuther:

Possible, but IMO it's more probable he was either unaware she had captured it or he's not technically adept enough to destroy it.

I agree, just look how grainy the picture/video is because of the distance, you cannot see much details from that far. It is possible that he didn't noticed that he was being recorded. MOO.

It's thigh deep in other spots as well.

I think some of that footage is actually from a news drone. I posted a few links upthread and that's how the reporter referred to it. If investigators were around they probably would make helos stay at least 2,000 foot altitude. Even a helicopter with a fenestron tail rotor makes a lot of noise and a drone would be much cheaper for the TV station than a helicopter.

This is how I think he got across but, when reading Otto's scenario, I remembered how Julie Melvin remarked in her video that you could practically get across before you would get wet. So, hmmm.
Keep in mind the flow and depth of the creek is always changing. I posted the volume and the depth levels for the 5 day period from the Feb 10th to Feb 15th and the 40 day period from Feb 10th to Mar 20th. You can see that the creek was running some 70% less water flow 150 cubic feet a second versus 500 cubic feet a second in the March time frame when the JM videos were taken. The water levels and flow were higher on the 13th than they were on the 14th when the helicopter video was taken. Much, if not all of what you see in the JM video where you could walk and not get wet would be under water.

I can't emphasize this enough that streams and their flow and depth are dynamic. The creek had more water flowing through it on the 13th as it was just coming off the peak on Feb. 12th.

5 day period

attachment.php

40-day period

attachment.php

Where the gauge is located that provided the data above.

attachment.php

Attachments

• creekdata1.jpg
    creekdata1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 459
  • creekdata2.jpg
    creekdata2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 464
  • creekgagemap.jpg
    creekgagemap.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 471
See great thought by you and Website I wondered if he hid in the stand after as well as before. But wouldn't a helicopter have spotted this? I'm curious.

Did anyone ever pin down the stand location by other landmarks in the photos and videos? I thought I could see the cemetery from a still photo.

The strange thing about the two separate photos is that, to my eye at least, this one definitely looks like a baseball-type cap with the bill rolled very tightly, yet in the other photo, it looks more like a driving/flat/ivy-type cap. It's like everything else in these photos...totally ambiguous and open to interpretation, IMO.
A few weeks ago I saw a guy with this same camo hat on and the bill was curved real tight like BG's picture. I even turned around to get a look at it from the back and it made the hat hoove up on top just like in the picture.

I don't understand--- the very fact that the two photos appear to show people of the exact same height is HUGE. It's almost a perfect physical match. But, I still believe that the photo of RL was altered (shrunken) to make him appear to be the same height as the Bridge Guy (BG).

In reality, RL is much taller than the guy on the bridge.

Ok, how do we know that if we don't know how tall the "guy on the bridge" (BG) is? :thinking:

Was it deer season February 13? I've wondered this myself. Unless it was his deer stand, it would seem unlikely he would park himself on someone else's stand if it were deer season and there was a chance the owner would be using it. JMO
Somehow, if he is about to commit SA and murder, I don't think he would give a toss about trespassing on private property to scope out victims and flee the SOC afterwards iMO..

Keep in mind the flow and depth of the creek is always changing. I posted the volume and the depth levels for the 5 day period from the Feb 10th to Feb 15th and the 40 day period from Feb 10th to Mar 20th. You can see that the creek was running some 70% less water flow 150 cubic feet a second versus 500 cubic feet a second in the March time frame when the JM videos were taken. The water levels and flow were higher on the 13th than they were on the 14th when the helicopter video was taken. Much, if not all of what you see in the JM video where you could walk and not get wet would be under water.

I can't emphasize this enough that streams and their flow and depth are dynamic. The creek had more water flowing through it on the 13th as it was just coming off the peak on Feb. 12th.

5 day period

attachment.php

40-day period

attachment.php

Where the gauge is located that provided the data above.

attachment.php

Thanks for this Jethro4WS, just reiterates what another poster mentioned as well.

I was answering someone who agreed that BG crossed the bridge, as did, I but I was willing to see about Otto's theory.
So I concur and go back to my original ideas. Was just trying it out! :fence: Fence sitting and all that...

[video=twitter;851449883836002305]https://twitter.com/JosephPaulJC/status/851449883836002305[/video]

Joseph Paul@JosephPaulJC 20m
20 minutes ago

#delphi property owner scheduled to be sentenced this morning in a probation violation case. Deputy standing guard at courtroom.

I think they stayed together because a weapon was used to intimidate them, with the threat that if one tried to run or scream, or draw attention in any way, the other would die. I'm sure they loved each other a good deal, but once he made contact with them I don't think they had many, if any, choices.

The limited information that's been released could fit so many scenarios. We're not allowed to sleuth the girls families and I haven't so this is just a scenario off the top of my head. But "down the hill" could have been instructions directed to only ONE of the two, after meeting someone she recognized who planned a quick get away. She refused to cooperate and whatever happened next resulted in tragedy.

I think it's interesting to explore different possibilities. We seem to be pigeon-holed on mainly one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi TheVisual! I have stayed away from the debate over hat/hair/hoodie for the most part but since working with this picture I think, and am convinced, based on looking at pixels until I can't see, that he is wearing a camo baseball type cap curled tight at the front. The hood part of his hoodie is not up but gathered around the base of his neck but piled on top of the collar on his jacket.
I am convinced of this but I am not adamant! Ready to be convinced otherwise if necessary.:fence:

Definitely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning!

I'm curious about everyone's thoughts about how this unfolded.

I'm assuming that the suspect parked his vehicle in the trees at the South end of the cemetery, and that he accessed the bridge from the SE end. If that is true, was he at the North entrance to the park when the girls arrived? Did he have another victim in mind, perhaps he saw a single woman in the parking area? What led him to park in a secluded area and look for a victim in the park?

Also, given that there is a somewhat similar murder 5 years ago in Iowa, is there an industry that is common in Iowa and Indiana, and a job that doesn't involve long hauling? Although it may seem unlikely that two similar murders five years apart are related, look at Joran van der Sloot - two similar murders five years apart.

MOO is the guy may have left a backpack or bag of some sort at the crime scene, judging by MSM videos the bridge can be easily seen from the edge of the creek right near the crime scene. I figure the perp saw the girls walk most of the length of the bridge, and started to put his attack in motion, walking to the approach to the bridge on the NW end of it, then getting on the bridge and walking towards the girls.

Edit: BG could have used binoculars, looking at the bridge from the (future) crime scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member