Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also,
While traveling on the road those three years, I happened to run into a border patrol checkpoint on I-10 headed from Arizona across Texas. I may have been in New Mexico. Anyways this was 16-17 years ago so I don't know if they still exist but the boarder patrol actually went through my van. I must have been suspicious. Anyway, they told me where not to go into the next town or those in the area because of the danger. I think it was drug running.
I found this so unbelievable that we had border patrol checkpoints in the US. I had been to Mexico plenty of times and our family took frequent road trips-I was unaware this was happening.
So, my question is...Do we still have those border checkpoints along those mexican states?

JMO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Border_Patrol_interior_checkpoints

Was just thinking: aside from the already horrific act of abandoning his wife, children, and grandchildren, TC also made the decision to do this to his elderly parents. To put it bluntly, they're going to need some form of care one day (if they don't already) and will eventually pass. He intends to not be at their side in their time of need nor be present at their funerals. All because he preferred to kidnap a fifteen year old to fulfill his selfish needs. And Tad's parents are going to pass knowing that their own child abandoned them for the purposes of exploiting someone else's child.

Oh my God, he truly is a monster. :mad:

You summed it up well. I can't even fathom how anyone could do what he has done. His family and parents must be wondering how they could have been so wrong about him. He has no soul or conscience. I hope Elizabeth is looking at this and her mind is working at ways to get away from him. I think she is a smart girl, and even though she has had a challenging past, I think deep down she knows her worth and it is only a matter of time that she will break away. I want to believe she is being very cautious and just stringing him along to keep him from going completely off the rails until she can find a good time to go.

So Tad Cummins has high blood pressure and there is a possiblity that he is running out of or has run out of medication. Just another reason to be very worried for Elizabeth.

If Cummins is off the meds he may be on borrowed time for a heart attack, stroke and according to the Mayo Clinic: "Trouble with memory and understanding Uncontrolled high blood pressure may also affect your ability to think, remember and learn. Trouble with memory or understanding concepts is more common in people with high blood pressure." http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/basics/complications/con-20019580

The possibility that Cummins could suddenly drop dead or become incapacitated to the point he loses his ability to think and remember and leave Elizabeth stranded somewhere just adds to my growing list of why Tad Cummins is a criminal narcissist and needs to be found ASAP. Without this added medical issue I already thought he was a loose cannon but this just adds more crazy.

Part of me is scared he could just keel over, but in all honesty, another part hopes he has a medical emergency like this and it gives Elizabeth a chance to get away. Looking at Cummins, he doesn't seem to be real healthy and the Walmart photos show IMO a ragged, tired, stressed old guy. Maybe a lack of meds or the increase in stress made what dosage he had less effective and by now he may be really showing signs of breakdown.

I wouldn't put it past him to try to use natural remedies. Not a smart plan because most people wean off the meds and use strict diet and weight control to get the numbers as close to normal as possilble before getting off the meds. But I'm sure Cummins is a doctor too right? Somewhere between the FBI/CIA training, and getting that vocational teacher training he went to med school so I'm sure he has it handled. ;)

At any rate, I don't care what happens to Cummins as long as whatever it is, it doesn't put Elizabeth in more danger. But if karma wants to step in at some point and give him a big smack-down that would be great too, just a hope.
Meh. High blood pressure increases your risk for heart attack and stroke but it certainly doesn't mean you're going to die anytime soon if you stop taking medication to lower it.

Also,
While traveling on the road those three years, I happened to run into a border patrol checkpoint on I-10 headed from Arizona across Texas. I may have been in New Mexico. Anyways this was 16-17 years ago so I don't know if they still exist but the boarder patrol actually went through my van. I must have been suspicious. Anyway, they told me where not to go into the next town or those in the area because of the danger. I think it was drug running.
I found this so unbelievable that we had border patrol checkpoints in the US. I had been to Mexico plenty of times and our family took frequent road trips-I was unaware this was happening.
So, my question is...Do we still have those border checkpoints along those mexican states?

JMO

going through this thread as a guest, haven't logged into this site in years, but i do have knowledge on this subject

i live by I-10 in Las Cruces, NM, probably 10-15 miles west there is a checkpoint, i frequently travel through the southwest and have been through here about 20x in the past 2 years.

From my experience, it really depends if i-10 has heavy traffic or not. When it's congested they just wave people through, if its a slower day they will only ask you if you're a US citizen, and then followed by "have a good day" so unless the officer on shift is aware of this case, its highly unlikely. I've never been stopped fully for them to look through my car and im a half hispanic who usually has a ton of luggage or bags in the back. they really dont care, sadly.

Meh. High blood pressure increases your risk for heart attack and stroke but it certainly doesn't mean you're going to die anytime soon if you stop taking medication to lower it.

Stopping the meds doesn't absolutely mean you will have a heart attack or stroke. However, it raises significantly the possiblity that you can. If Tad Cummins was taking meds and was concerned about running out then that is an indicator that the meds were important. So without the meds will he absolutely will drop dead? Maybe yes, maybe no. However, he is certainly risking the possibility. ;)

Stopping the meds doesn't absolutely mean you will have a heart attack or stroke. However, it raises significantly the possiblity that you can. If Tad Cummins was taking meds and was concerned about running out then that is an indicator that the meds were important. So without the meds will he absolutely will drop dead? Maybe yes, maybe no. However, he is certainly risking the possibility. ;)

Yeah but I wouldn't count on him dying from a heart attack as a way to resolve this case.

http://fox17.com/news/local/da-willing-to-jeopardize-criminal-case-to-bring-home-tn-amber-alert-teen

DA willing to jeopardize criminal case to bring home TN AMBER Alert teen

Cooper said he's willing to jeopardize the criminal case against accused kidnapper Tad Cummins if it brings missing Maury County teen Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas home safe. Cummins faces possible charges for sexual contact with a minor and kidnapping.
"If we jeopardize our criminal case by releasing something, if it leads to her being found, it'll be worth it," Cooper said.

Re: The note he left his wife:
"Without saying what he said, it was basically a breadcrumb to a location that we know was not where they went," Cooper said. "It was just a way to buy some time."

Sorry if this was posted earlier..I might have skimmed through a page or two. :blushing:

Yeah but I wouldn't count on him dying from a heart attack as a way to resolve this case.

No, counting on that that would not be productive, however if it happened it may go a way toward resolving it. But giving up on other investigative avenues and waiting for TC to expire is not something I'd advise.

Actually, it depends on how high it has been, and what the etiology is. You can absolutely stroke out and die with no warning signs. That's why it's often referred to as, "the silent killer".

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Some people can have acute side effects from high blood pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not buying that, either. Why would you disguise yourself if you were bent on being discovered? IMHO, they're probably on a few other security cameras that haven't been checked. They have to buy food now and then.

The thing is, the "disguise" at Walmart's was minimal. TC dyed his beard, and ET's hair was dyed a color that it had been dyed in the past. She was even wearing his shirt.

If I wanted to throw a false trail, I'd make a minor change to my appearance and then make sure I was seen somewhere well away from where I actually intended to go. Then, I'd make a MAJOR change to my appearance - something completely different. For example, shave his beard, get a couple real-looking temporary tattoos, etc. Cut her hair and bleach it, maybe wear dresses or shorts.

I'm not convinced that all the pictures of beaches mean that they were headed south. I wonder if either of them skis? It wouldn't really shock me if they were in New England, or somewhere else northern.

If either of them accessed their health insurance, would it be discovered? Is there a way to monitor this?

Medical treatment and medication without insurance will eat into their savings. I was actually thinking about this the other day at the doctor. When I was uninsured a trip to urgent care and a prescription for antibiotics was over $300, which is a lot if you're two people trying to live off $4500.

This site gives a figure of about $400 per year for bp meds with no insurance, which I guess is not that bad, really. http://health.costhelper.com/treating-high-blood-pressure-cost.html

Depends on what he takes. I'm sure I'm spelling this wrong, but my mother has taken hydroclorothiazide for years, and it's really cheap. Also worth remembering that in recent years, they've lowered the numbers for what's considered "high" blood pressure. If his is only borderline high, it's unlikely that it would have serious effects any time soon.

I would love to know who tipped them off to get the Walmart footage. Don't they usually tell something, like they were recognized by an employee or fellow shopper. Do you think tad tipped them off somehow? It's all so fishy. I feel like too many details are being withheld.

Disagree with those who EQUATE WILLINGNESS WITH SAFETY
My guess, and, yes it's a guess, is that when they were spotted in OK, he was still telling her that he would be taking her home. It was only two days out. My guess....'lets just do this one more thing before we go home." I don't believe she planned an indefinite trip because she said to her sister (before she left) to CALL THE POLICE if not home by 6:00. Very concerned statement and is a clear indication of being conflicted.
Sex drives this man....not love. His integrity is low. He lies. Grooms young girls. So is he a trustworthy man of integrity that you'd trust your yr old 15 daughter with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This doesn't really add to the conversation. However, LE thinks he used the note and walmart appearance as decoys so he's probably up by me or further into the northeast....or Canada....or, okay anywhere lol. But if he was street/woods smart I guess Mexico, Alaska or back woods West Virginia would be best.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

They have a completely different dialect, and many other things that make these communities different aside from no electricity and the way they dress. I don't think it's possible for them to do this.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I agree.. the Amish community there is IMO kind of spread out and there's people stopping and doing business, etc.. they'd be noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhoule